Media Dustin Poirier gives advise to Gaethje

Like bro

If you take away my hatred and trolling, I have gave him his credit

I have always said conor smashes Tony, long before justin

Even though I pick conor over Dustin, I still think it is a potential loss if Dustin is patient and shows good defence, though easier said than done

But like Khabib, conor has great pressure especially earlier in rounds

He wants to panic you in to make a mistake, then punish you with his left

He's an awesome martial artist and before the floyd shit I was a fan

He will be lw champ again imo, if he still has the hunger
Dustin is going to get outclassed. He likes the firefights. Hes not gaethje level but how many times do I watch his corner(dyah davis) tell him to work the body and him repeatedly just nah going straight to the head lol. Time and time again, fight after fight. Philly shell doesn't work for mma. Sadly I think Conor will knock him out.

Dustin is going to get outclassed. He likes the firefights. Hes not gaethje level but how many times do I watch his corner, dyah davis to work the body and him repeatedly just nah going straight to the head lol. Time and time again, fight after fight. Philly shell doesn't work for mma. Sadly I think Conor will knock him out.

I agree, but I will still hold on to the hope he makes it out of the first and goes from there

Smart money is on mcgregor for sure

Dustin is going to get outclassed. He likes the firefights. Hes not gaethje level but how many times do I watch his corner, dyah davis to work the body and him repeatedly just nah going straight to the head lol. Time and time again, fight after fight. Philly shell doesn't work for mma. Sadly I think Conor will knock him out.

That's exactly the problem with Dustin.
He is not aware of danger and is too confident.
Everyone knows that you shouldn't engage with Conor in the first 2 rounds. But Dustin will do it to try to prove a point.
He would have more succes if he would stick to a gameplan.
The best example is the decision to jump into a guillotine against Khabib. That's the last person on earth you want to give that position away.

I hope he once starts to follow his gameplan.
Conor is a simple opponent for him if he is disciplined and don't engage early in the fight. He can make him tired and knock him out.

Gaethje is his own man why is another man telling him how to live his life?

That's exactly the problem with Dustin.
He is not aware of danger and is too confident.
Everyone knows that you shouldn't engage with Conor in the first 2 rounds. But Dustin will do it to try to prove a point.
He would have more succes if he would stick to a gameplan.
The best example is the decision to jump into a guillotine against Khabib. That's the last person on earth you want to give that position away.

I hope he once starts to follow his gameplan.
Conor is a simple opponent for him if he is disciplined and don't engage early in the fight. He can make him tired and knock him out.
Jumping the guillotine against khabib is one thing. Jumping it repeatedly more.times in the hooker fight after learning the guillotine is what cost you to lose the fight prematurely against khabib..I mean. It doesn't give me confidence. He really should have handled hooker. He made a few mistakes that turned it into a firefight.

Jumping the guillotine against khabib is one thing. Jumping it repeatedly more.times in the hooker fight after learning the guillotine is what cost you to lose the fight prematurely against khabib..I mean. It doesn't give me confidence. He really should have handled hooker. He made a few mistakes that turned it into a firefight.

I'm not that harsh on him against Hooker.
He was struggling with the range because Hooker is tall.
But you are right that it wasn't a good performance. He ate too many unnecessary shots.

The guillotine is his instinct. He can't control his instincts. That's why I think you are right. He will fight Conor and switch immidiately to his instincts instead of ignoring it.
But we don't know the level of Conor. Don't expect a fast Conor. I think he slowed very much down.

I respect Dustin’s point of view but interim belts are abominations. They shouldn’t exist.
Sometimes but I mean Khabib won the actual belt against Iaquinta.. Is beating Iaquinta more impressive than beating Holloway or Ferguson? Also Holloway vs Khabib for the belt was supposed to happen as well so if you look at it that way...

I'm not that harsh on him against Hooker.
He was struggling with the range because Hooker is tall.
But you are right that it wasn't a good performance. He ate too many unnecessary shots.

The guillotine is his instinct. He can't control his instincts. That's why I think you are right. He will fight Conor and switch immidiately to his instincts instead of ignoring it.
But we don't know the level of Conor. Don't expect a fast Conor. I think he slowed very much down.
I think any version of Conor can beat Poirier. Yes even a non focused slow one

No of world titles

Dustin Poirier -0

Justin Gaethje-0

Very brave of DP to post the video AFTER Garthje lost.

Shut up DP dont donate your charity advice for people that don't want it.

Almost means nothing.

Especially if you get ktfo.

Still, looking forward to J's next fight.
I'm just saying Justin was not an easy fight for Dustin at all. I'm not down playing Poirers win, if anything I'm giving him more credit.

I appreciate conor's skill even if I think his latest behavior is bankrupt . But the dude is a fine martial artist. I thought maybe he'd be past his prime and can't beat top oppononents but with the way the LW picture has changed this year, I'm not so sure anymore. I think he can win an LW title again. Its funny how that shakes out. Before gaethje-tony, I thought tony would outpace him make conor tired, thought it would look like diaz-mcgregor 1. Tony gets lit up by gaethje for 4 and half rounds. Now tony may not be the same tony ever again.

Then I thought Dustin could beat Conor is a rematch having moving up to LW and his latest run minus khabib, than I saw dustin against hooker, someone he should have dusted away but got in a war. Conor has the precision that Hooker has, plus he's a better anti-grappler than hooker.

Then I thought gaethje could do it, but then I think about conor's karate stance and his angles that will throw Justin off. As much as Justin talks about distance control, conor is better at that. Conor is great at being there, than not being there

You mean like this?

aosECR9.gif

{<jordan}

Joking aside, I do agree with you though. As @Dana's Moonface knows I find Conor a loathsome cretin, but I have changed my mind about his chances Vs Tony, Justin, and Dustin. He should probably be a favourite over all of them. I once thought just like you, if Diaz could drown him with pressure and cardio, the superior Tony surely would. Who is - boxing aside - flat out better than Diaz, or at least, was better than Diaz.

But yeah, Tony appeared to be done against Justin. Either done, or a combination of overlooked him + bad style matchup. But I think being already past prime, plus that hellacious beating, he is probably done now, I doubt he is top 3 in the division anymore tbh. I think Dustin would probably dust him at this point.

As for Justin, he's looked good and much improved, but ultimately he's basic and beatable, and couldn't even beat Eddie Alvarez. I sincerely couldn't believe the amount of people picking him over Kebab. "He really has the style to beat him bruh!". Styles schmyles, he lost to Eddie fucking Alvarez. It was obvious he was nowhere near Kebab's league and the fight showed that.

Dustin has the best chance of beating Conor. I actually think Conor's performance against Kebab is overrated, and Dustin's underrated. Conor basically fought to survive, like a journeyman, cheated, did zero damage, and got tapped easily. Despite getting finished quicker, Dustin got some solid licks in, and managed to choke Kebab a bit.

Ultimately though I'd have to make Conor a slight favourite, Dustin has a habit of going the Erik Morales route of making fights much harder than they should be, the Hooker fight being a prime example, and even the Max fight to some extent. Plus Conor would have a huge mental edge, Poirier seems susceptible mentally, admitted it after their first fight, and of course that is bolstered by Conor already having a pretty easy win.

Having said that, who knows how good Conor is at this point, hard to tell from beating the shell of Donald "Let me find the nearest spot to lay down" Cerrone. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Poirier batters him.

I still think his power is incredibly overrated at 155 too. If he fought more big solid 155ers like Kebab, it would become more evident.

Conor would beat Justin and Tony, and I give him a slight edge over Dustin. I am intrigued for that matchup.

Why the fuck do so many Americans think they're saying some deep motivational shit when all they're doing is chatting absolute nonsense.

1. It's not 'a piece of the world title'. There's no pieces, there's one whole world championship belt and the man standing across the cage from Dustin and Gaethje was the one who had it.

2. How the fuck would Justin's life have changed in the last few months if he didn't push the interim belt away?

3. 'I was in a place of gratitude'. Hahaha. Shut up.
Very generous of you to offer every American a place to stay in your head - free of rent.

it's the least you could do

The fact that he beat a great champ like Max who was on a killer streak puts him on the top of the interim champ list.

Back