Dustin Poirier: "Duffy only fought bums in his boxing career"

• Thread starter Bulletproof Acc
  • Start date
DP takes some getting used to but always worth it.

No way Poirier can beat Duffy. Let the new Irish hype train begin. Nice matchup for both really.

Post McGregor Poirier is a different animal. I think a rematch would be a foty type of fight. Especially at lightweight.

Do we have a new Sherdog Fighter? Post-Conor Poirier lining up next to Airport BJ and Full Camp Mendes and Chuck With That Look In His Eyes??

Duffy definitely wasn't facing champions."Cans" is a harsh way to put it, but...come on, he isn't wrong.

Umm... Where did all that came from?. I am just saying that loss lit a fire under him. Stop turning shit.

Did it though? He has never lost to the level of competition he is fighting now. He's always been a solid gatekeeper. This fight will say a lot more about Duffy than it will about Poirier.

You know Fabio Maldonado respects the hands of Joe Duffy.

^ McGregor was smaller back when he fought Duffy and Dustin was always watching his weight so his cuts wouldn't be even worse. Therefore, the Conor standing next to Poirier was bigger than the Conor standing next to Duffy, and the Poirier next to Conor is bigger now since he doesn't have to worry about his weight as much.

I mean he's 100% right. It's about as impressive as Maldonado's undefeated boxing record against a bunch of no-names.

Anyone who disagrees are just silly. Diamond is gonna own this guy.

One of the boxers Duffy fought had a record of 0 wins and 12 loses. if thats not a can then i dont know what is.

He's right about Duffy's boxing record.. It's pretty shameful and Poirer could probably beat them like he said.

That being said however, I think Duffy finishes him via Submission or possibly Knockout

Well... He's right. All seven of his boxing wins were against opponents with losing records.

I think Duffy's only chance in this fight is a KO, on the ground I see DDP dominating him. Interesting fight, picking Diamond tho.

so far neither guy has ever faced any of the top LW's the division has to offer so how they deal with each other and the big dogs is well up in smoke

He's trying to bait duffy into a stand-up fight

totally right and i admire Dustin Poirier's psychological game. now lets see if Duffy falls for this trap. it honestly reminds me of Liddell vs Ortiz lead up to there first fight

Chuck: "he better be working on his takedowns because everyone knows he doesn't have the balls to stand with me"

Porier slowly morphing into Conor like some sort of Werewolf curse.

so far neither guy has ever faced any of the top LW's the division has to offer so how they deal with each other and the big dogs is well up in smoke

Agreed.

Yeah we are definitely going to see more guys and gals trying to hype their fights/build themselves up in media engagemnets since Chael and Conor has been so successful at it. The problem is, 97% of fighters are terrible at it and it's just not going to work well for them.

Awkward.

John Dodson.

as for the thread: I posted in it, that's for sure.

I would like Duffy to win, but Dustin can certainly pull it off.

Its a close fight IMO.

The amazing thing is it actually worked on Tito.

The moron actually tried to bang with Chuck at several points.
indeed and worked for two fights. i suppose even a college educated man will fight a losing battle once his manhood is questioned

Back