Dustin or Tony a tougher matchup for Khabib?

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Dustin has more power but Tony's accumulative effect adds up quickly. And T-Fergs jab is super effective. Tony is far more dangerous on the ground..... Who has a better take down defense?

anyways.. Who is the tougher match up for Khabib all around? Explain.

Dustin has more power but Tony's accumulative effect adds up quickly. And T-Fergs jab is super effective. Tony is far more dangerous on the ground..... Who has a better take down defense?

Tony, no doubt.

Why is tony more dangerous? You really counting on tony elbows from his back to win the fight? Tony is creative but Khabib power from top is some welterweight shit stop counting on that stupid game plan

Think Tony's JJ gives him the edge.

But if I had to imagine a fighter to beat Khabib it wouldn't be either of them.

I like to Troll tony fans, but he is a horrible match up for Khabib in the later rounds.

I still think Khabib wins, but Tony will ask questions.

Dustin is an excellent fighter himself, so I wouldn't fully count him out. This is a stacked divison and anything can happen with one mistake!

At this level of competition, there are no "easy" fights, however, neither Ferguson nor Poirier are as dangerous to Khabib as Gaethje and Gillespie.

Dustin’s BJJ is good on the ground but his TDD is his weakness. Poirier doesn’t have much against Khabib in general. Tony got elbows and cardio.

I think at this point Khabib still beats Tony but it will be the hardest fight for him.

I think Tony has a better chance because as tough as Dustin is I see Tony being able to withstand more of Khabib's wrestling/grappling without being discouraged or gassing. Tony is also much more unconventional and likely to hit Khabib with something he doesn't expect. He also is a threat from his back where Dustin will most likely be looking to survive if he ends up on bottom. The only thing Dustin has that is more threatening than Tony to Khabib is one punch power.

At this point - I have no idea. Dustin has evolved an enormous deal and just beat a champion who will be at 155 sooner than later and " properly " make his way up rankings. Dustin has become so underrated. Tony is a great fighter but at some point his " firefights" will take its toll.
You cant argue with the way he performs and the results. Hes the "elite" version of justin gaejthe. I don't know if that's the best way I could put it but I'm putting it that way.

Tony for sure. Poirier will be gasping for air after 2 rounds and people eho are claiming Khabib will slow down will look like absolute morons.

Why is tony more dangerous? You really counting on tony elbows from his back to win the fight? Tony is creative but Khabib power from top is some welterweight shit stop counting on that stupid game plan
So based on all of that, what makes Dustin more dangerous? You really counting on Dustin to do some big damage with punches from his back?

At this point - I have no idea. Dustin has evolved an enormous deal and just beat a champion who will be at 155 sooner than later and " properly " make his way up rankings. Dustin has become so underrated. Tony is a great fighter but at some point his " firefights" will take its toll.
You cant argue with the way he performs and the results. Hes the "elite" version of justin gaejthe. I don't know if that's the best way I could put it but I'm putting it that way.
Dustin has been KO'ed numerous times and Tony hasn't...... I fail to see the point of the firefight comment. Tony wins his firefights. Some times Dustin went to sleep.

Jabidi prolly tries to strike with Dustbin seeing as he knocked down McGregory. We seen what happens when wrestlers fall in love with their striking.

Dustin standing because he has way more power.

Tony off his back but Khabib has a STRONG top game.

I am not sure.

So based on all of that, what makes Dustin more dangerous? You really counting on Dustin to do some big damage with punches from his back?
lol your logic is so dumb,Dustin got KO power - Tony dont,each round starts standing ,calculate it

Tony.
/thread

Back