Media Dustin on Khabib's grappling: "He's just so advanced..His feet are like hands..he's good..F*ck

yeah but he couldn't grapple his way out of the bus when conor took it down.
it was 1-1 then khabib retired like a pussycat.

Grappling with Khabib must feel like grappling with a human sized chimp that knows wrestling and stuff.

A shame Khabib never stayed and decided to test himself at welterweight.

still surprising how conor showed such superior defensive grappling compared to poirier tbh
I think that was Conor's last serious performance. Granted Khabib quickly took him off his best crafted game plan and was able to even begin winning the stand-up as a result of making him feel so off balance and uncertain. Ya look at Conor since that fight and he's completely changed. Conor used a wide stance very effectively up until that fight and since has adapted this much more straight forward boxing approach that has been terrible for him but he's making no adjustments.

All this talk about how Conor is exposed now as having never been good is very incorrect. He was great for a while. Something happened though and he's just never gonna be the same again. I honestly think Conor at his best would probably beat present day Poirier, but the accuracy, the power, the movement is all diminished. That's not coming back either, and this injury he suffered should be a wake up call to him that repeatedly trying to re-insert himself in the top of the division can be genuinely dangerous to his health long term.

Despite what he likes you to believe, Conor took the Khabib fight very very seriously, and was fully prepared to counter Khabib's wrestling. And it showed... for a bit.

Exactly! He was focused, he was healthy, he was motivated, he was well prepared. All the stuff he said afterwards was just noise. Letting himself off the hook.

khabibgun11.gif
Love it lmao. How have I not seen this haha

Despite what he likes you to believe, Conor took the Khabib fight very very seriously, and was fully prepared to counter Khabib's wrestling. And it showed... for a bit.
For about 30 seconds on that first single leg split leg defense. Then it didnt.

You know what they say, mma is a sport practiced by two persons and in the end Khabib wins.

You suck. Garry Tonan would have finished the guillotine or transitioned into the D'arce.
MMA diluted blackbelt.

when it comes to grappling everyone is playing checkers while khabib is playing 4D chess. he's just always one step ahead.

dominick cruz realized this early on when he saw conor's gameplan of 'letting khabib gas himself out' ... its really the only option.

giphy.gif

We need Ryan Hall to gain some weight and step up. I'm sure he can leglock Khabib if the latter makes one slipup.

"Blackbelt in Brazilian Jiujitsu" is the most overrated accomplishment after a kickboxing record. We need elite grapplers with refined technique.

Khabib improved with each passing fight. The Khabib that faced Gaethje would've kiled Conor in 1 round. One can also argue that Conor never faced Prime Khabib.
JC. That is some major delusion right there.

I really doubt that. Bj would have snatched khabibs neck and slapped on a guillotine choke when khabib went for the takedown.
I don't think prime BJ could sub khabib but people forget how incredible of a grappler BJ was. Out grappling Hughes and Fitch giving up 20lbs is everything you need to know

Back