Media Dustin on Khabib's grappling: "He's just so advanced..His feet are like hands..he's good..F*ck

Khabib improved with each passing fight. The Khabib that faced Gaethje would've kiled Conor in 1 round. One can also argue that Conor never faced Prime Khabib.

Prime Khabib kills Conor in 1 second bro

still surprising how conor showed such superior defensive grappling compared to poirier tbh
Too bad his "superior defensive grappling" meant dick when he was on his ass after poirier 2 and 3

Despite what he likes you to believe, Conor took the Khabib fight very very seriously, and was fully prepared to counter Khabib's wrestling. And it showed... for a bit.

AKA Coach Mendez said, "Khabib purposely let Conor go longer. He purposely stood with him. He wanted to punish him. Just because Conor went 4 rounds it doesn’t mean Khabib had a tougher time trying to finish him".

Floyd Mayweather said, "You know I carried McGregor. You know I made it look good for y'all."

AKA Coach Mendez said, "Khabib purposely let Conor go longer. He purposely stood with him. He wanted to punish him. Just because Conor went 4 rounds it doesn’t mean Khabib had a tougher time trying to finish him".

Floyd Mayweather said, "You know I carried McGregor. You know I made it look good for y'all."
I think that's bs narrative. To me, khabib was getting his wind back after blowing his load in the 2nd. Conor successfully stuffed a takedown in the third without fouling..that wouldn't happen if he wasn't tired, imo. He got a second win and took him out in the fourth.

He also alluded to this when he said fighting emotional makes one tired and how fighting Conor while emotional was a mistake.

lmao

your boy would’ve gotten slaughtered in there. This ain’t 2007 anymore. The sport has evolved, although BJ having had godlike TDD, Khabib would’ve found a way to take him down and maul him.
I really doubt that. Bj would have snatched khabibs neck and slapped on a guillotine choke when khabib went for the takedown.

I think that's bs narrative. To me, khabib was getting his wind back after blowing his load in the 2nd. Conor successfully stuffed a takedown in the third without fouling..that wouldn't happen if he wasn't tired, imo. He got a second win and took him out in the fourth.

He also alluded to this when he said fighting emotional makes one tired and how fighting Conor while emotional was a mistake.

Khabib fails a lot of take downs, Conor stuffing one or two is nothing out of the ordinary.

that's ridiculous, Khabib tried 3 times to take him down in the third round, Khabib was noticeably tired after letting his emotions get the best of him in the second (something he himself admitted was a mistake). Conor was able to stuff his takedowns, all be it by breaking the rules but still Khabib did not stand with him on purpose. If Khabib wanted to punish him he would have taken him down and ground and pounded him not try to box with him where Conor actually won the round.

He also went for a submission in the second round and probably would have gotten it if Conor didn't throw an illegal knee.

Last edited:
still surprising how conor showed such superior defensive grappling compared to poirier tbh
I disagree. Without cheating, Conor would have been physically much more tired before round 2. So you can’t really make a comparison between one fighting fair and square and another one cheating every 30 seconds.

lmao

your boy would’ve gotten slaughtered in there. This ain’t 2007 anymore. The sport has evolved, although BJ having had godlike TDD, Khabib would’ve found a way to take him down and maul him.
BJ was a world champion in BJJ, finding a way to take him down would not guarantee a victory for Khabib, I'm not saying Khabib wouldn't have a good chance, in fact I would favor him, but prime BJ would be a bad match up for him.

Poirer has maintained all this time that Khabib isn't overly strong, nothing special in the strength department but Justin said Khabib was strong as fuk.

Guess it depends on each fighter and strength being relative to them.

Gaethje’s grappling was awful, he would have no idea what was strength vs technique

He definitely was fatigued in the 3rd after somewhat over doing it in the 2nd. However, Connor was even more gassed and none of his strikes had any power behind them.

Khabib fails a lot of take downs, Conor stuffing one or two is nothing out of the ordinary.
It is in the way he stuffed it..khabibs a great chain wrestler. I don't think Conor stuffs it that way with no follow up if khabib wasn't tired. He pretty admits he blew his wad trying to finish him in the second.

Dustin was not mentally ready for Khabib. His posture and verbiage in between rounds showed it all. He was mentally defeated once the fight started

Didn't he tell his corner that "I can't get him off me?"

you dont say that. You listen to your corner and make adjustments

Back