Dustin looks shok (UFC 242 PRESS CONFERENCE

I think the occasion got to him

TS so shook he can't even spell it.

That is true, but I think Poirier is FAR better now than when he fought Conor, is more suited to 155, and the MJ fight can be written off as a fluke imo. Put it this way, who would you pick in a MJ rematch?

I think the current version of Poirier brings more to the table than Conor. He's more well rounded with much better stamina, and appears to be at his peak.
You're right.....these guys don't always stay the same

And he's a black belt now fwiw....probably not worth much but it could ease his mindset which would make his striking better theoretically in a way. I'm going down a highly hypothetical road there but you can probably see what i mean.

He is different than Khabib's other opponents. Styles make fights, not his career being between Barboza/Conor....he might be a better fighter today than they ever became as far as all around ability

I was being a bit emotional

TinyAggressiveLeafhopper-size_restricted.gif

Why rank McGregor ahead but ignore Johnson, when Dustin's loss to Johnson was 2 years more recent (and at 155)?

I think Barboza and Iaquinta would also stand a pretty damn good chance against Dustin too.

Yep. Sometimes fighters lose fights. Poirier is still a significantly better fighter than Johnson. I also agree that Poirier isn't a lock over Iaquinta or Barboza. But he'd be the favorite in both fights and for good reason. He's done more than they have and has had more success.

Like most folks I don't see Poirier beating Khabib, but to act like he's lesser opposition than Khabib normally faces is silly, and this is what o was responding to.

Why did they fly those boys to fucking London for that shitty presser

hands behind the table,speech problems,cauliflower ears.. whats up with him? is he trying to stay lowkey
or just already lost? Khabib mentioning Dustin lost to half of his wins maybe made him think about it?

Spot on. We all know that when Dustin is nervous his cauliflower ear flares up.

He looks confident. Khabib actually looks like the one who is fed up with the fame and is planning his last few fights before retirement
I agree Khabib is mentally checking out, getting ready to ride off in to the sun set and when 99.99% of fighters think about retiring they are about to get hurt. Still, Khabib at 10% is enough to beat Dustin. I am not always a fan of Khabib's out of cage antics, his lack of performing or his point fighting blanket style, but the dude is the most dominant fighter I have ever seen along with Jones, probably even more. A bad round for Khabib is a dominant 10-9 against a champion caliber fighter and not a 10-7. Poirier has improved but there is no way he will be able to stop a depleted Khabib....the fight may last longer than Carioso Mouse but it is right up there in terms of a mismatch. DP has no chance. None.

He's fighting his worst opponent in awhile

Can't blame him for that

I'm not into watching him raping Poirier either....get to the real contender in Tony and then rape Conor again for lol's

This is a stupid fight with the Junior Interim title holder....

Yeah, Iaquinta, Barboza, Johnson...
Def leagues above Poirier.

I agree Khabib is mentally checking out, getting ready to ride off in to the sun set and when 99.99% of fighters think about retiring they are about to get hurt. Still, Khabib at 10% is enough to beat Dustin. I am not always a fan of Khabib's out of cage antics, his lack of performing or his point fighting blanket style, but the dude is the most dominant fighter I have ever seen along with Jones, probably even more. A bad round for Khabib is a dominant 10-9 against a champion caliber fighter and not a 10-7. Poirier has improved but there is no way he will be able to stop a depleted Khabib....the fight may last longer than Carioso Mouse but it is right up there in terms of a mismatch. DP has no chance. None.

Dustin has more of a chance than people think. Khabib has only 3 legit names on his record, 4 if you count Conor coming back after a 2 year lay off with a broken foot. The rest of his wins are not very impressive and considering that his style is heavily wrestling based it makes it even more lackluster. Don't be surprised if Dustin pulls off what a lot of people will call an "upset"

Pressers aren't Dustin's thing. He would prefer being anywhere doing anything than being in front of people in a press conference. He will be ready fight though so don't let his disposition in a press conference fool you.

that was the most boring presser ever. all you conor haters can suck one. no conor, no buzzzzz. boring jockhead fighters have no clue how to promote a fight and create a buzzzz. khabib talking in mono damn near put me to sleep.

Cauliflower ear screams “lack of confidence”.

Back