Dustin learned a lot from his loss to Khabib

He didn't study shit dude.

Leg-lacing is something every wrestler does.

Who did he learn the body triangle from back mount that he used against Pettis from? Body-triangle is basically a leg lace on the waist.

Wrestlers use their legs to control people. Eddie did a leg-lace-to-mount-to-backtake against Dustin before the brainfart. But Khabib enlightened him to this technique?

Good god
I never said khabib originated anything. You're strawmanning the argument, but alright man. You're the expert.

I never said khabib originated anything. You're strawmanning the argument, but alright man. You're the expert.

No. You said he learned it from Khabib. Eddie did the exact same thing to him.

Yea, after seeing how easily Hooker was able to get him down, he still has nothing for Khabib.

No. You said he learned it from Khabib. Eddie did the exact same thing to him.
Correct. I believe he did.

Sometimes an asswhipping can force you to learn tactics and he did each of those "khabib" tactics near the fence, not in the open. Nah man, just all a coincidence. Wrestling 101.

Khabib really is the best we have ever seen. Better appreciate him while he's around.
how's khabibs nuts taste? He barely beat iaquinta, mj almost finished him, conor was coked up alchy when they fought, khabib is a product of nitpicking fights and ducking. Anyone that pressured him makes him look very beatable oh and he hasn't faced a fucking grappler. Khabib fans need to be first in line to test vaccines, until they get it right. Khabib hype very similar to ronda hype. Ppl talk about him like he's a god but all he's done is cling on for dear life against strikers.

View attachment 778794
It really seemed like Dustin was truly dangerous anywhere on the ground tonight and didn’t ever feel like he was in any sort of danger no matter the position he was in. It felt like had they both not been bloodied he’d have Submitted Hooker from some of those positions. I hope he continues to get better at it and becomes a monster everywhere especially if Khabib retires after the Gaethje fight since he’s most likely fighting for the title at that point.

He is a truly great guy and willing to learn from his loses and those that gave them to him - has done with both Conor & Khabib especially

Porier looked good, for sure...

But I believe the result of this fight was more due to Hooker tiring in the third round than it was anything else.

Hooker was giving Porier a lot of problems before he became exhausted.
Yeah,getting punched in the ribs repeatedly does that to you.

Yes so the key to beating Khabib is a female boxer talking about feinting with footwork in a sport where there are no takedowns to worry about.

That's your problem. You're the one having delusions of grandeur here, and take offense and call me rude because I burst your bubble of delusion. Uhh Rose beat Joanna, and...? Is Rose an asian hentai girl now lmao? I don't train or work for ATT so I don't give a fuck. But at the same time to deny that ATT is one of the best MMA camps in the world is again, delusional.

Sorry I don't mean to offend or be rude but I'm trying to have a conversation, I guess. When you proclaim magical secret techniques and insight into beating Khabib and then post cringe karate kumite videos where girls are scared of getting hit and lift their chins up at first touch, or some LA fitness footwork video from a jazzercise coach who once boxed amateur in women's boxing, never even pro.

You can't be convinced to talk in the land of reality. In reality, Judo and Karate don't work in an MMA setting on their own, and most of their techniques are sub-optimal or straight up don't work. You can say the same about pure boxing, or sport BJJ with gi especially, or wrestling in sport form. Hence why MMA takes the most effective techniques and aspects of each art put into a combat sport with the least restrictive rules possible.

But you can't seem to accept that. You think that "martial arts" is some mystical energy form of compassion and honor. Sure there are some elements and tons of discipline involved to train for MMA or Boxing/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo/Sambo, et all. But this isn't an anime show. This is real life. In real life Valentina Shevchenko would kick those girl's heads off, it isn't play fighting cosplay, it's real. And Khabib would take down and maul every boxer or karate fighter without a problem. Maybe footwork is key, clearly to some extent...but that's just an extremely vague and nonsensical thing to allude to in such a broad form. And the source you gave for said footwork is horrible.

It's all good, there's no point in responding to you because you refuse to ground yourself in reality and reject any valid points based in said reality. You still think MMA is "fake" or something. Yet think "Kumite" female karate point fighting tourneys are "real".
Maybe part of the "preparation" is setting rules that disallow grappling or strikes?

We're not claiming copy right. He didn't do any of that prior to his khabib fights and suddenly does it? Yeah, I'm sure dustin was studying a random askren fight preparing for his fight against hooker instead of just learning it from the last fight he fought in. That makes sense.
Very likely he picked up some idea(s.):cool:

Maybe part of the "preparation" is setting rules that disallow grappling or strikes?
<WhoJeff>On the contrary, the first step to beating Khabib is to LISTEN to instruction. The 1st line of his reply is non-response to the integrity of my opening statement.

It's obvious Poirier has substandard fight IQ, because of that he'll never beat Khabib.

The fact that he thinks pulling guard and going to the guillotine repeatedly is a good idea shows he isn't in fact learning. That shit won't work against the top 3. The only difference was that he was in better shape because his hip was healed.

Shoot, thread count north of 40... once again.

Ok kids, here goes. What is the lesson in these two videos? Thats' right, screw that dumb ass karate. Nobody's going to Japan.

Before & After.

Holly Holm defends JacksonWink gym after comments made by Diego Sanchez

•Jul 4, 2019

TheMacLife

878K subscribers

Nicely done interview by Holly.
\
Holly Holm speaks after suffering a loss to Amanda Nunes at UFC 239
•Jul 9, 2019

Fight Lounge
1.4K subscribers

Holly Holm speaks after suffering a loss to Amanda Nunes at UFC 239 via Head Kick.

Holly's clearly hurting; I can address the situation. Capture the dynamic in one, short sentence.

What's my delusional commentary? Same as the dumb ass karate girls.........[hhahahahahahhhhhhaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa].<HanaKimura02>

And no guys & gals... the karate gals aren't laughing @ Holly. There's a very, very important coaching lesson here... one whjch can be captured in a single sentence.

<WhatItIs>bon appetite.

It's obvious Poirier has substandard fight IQ, because of that he'll never beat Khabib.

The fact that he thinks pulling guard and going to the guillotine repeatedly is a good idea shows he isn't in fact learning. That shit won't work against the top 3. The only difference was that he was in better shape because his hip was healed.
[omg1]You media guys are very rough. Give MMA Analyst & Poirier a chance.

P.S. Thread count now over 50....

What?? He got ragdolled at times by a horrible wrestler in Hooker. I was kinda shocked at that part of the fight.

he didn’t have a problem with Dans grappling but he shouldn’t, he’s the better grappler. I’m not sure many at LW can dominate him like Khabib on the ground so maybe he just doesn’t need the excellent TDD but someone will expose that again you’d think

[omg1]You media guys are very rough. Give MMA Analyst & Poirier a chance.

P.S. Thread count now over 50....
I'm no media guy but it's apparent when a fighter lacks proper instincts. He pulls guard at the wrong times, he goes into his opponents guard at the wrong time... every time he had Hooker seriously he hurt he made the wrong choice. Instead of maintaining a proper gap and stalking down an injured opponent he closes too fast or doesn't attack. He requires his opponents to make huge mistakes to finish them.

He did the same thing against Khabib, bad instincts. He actually hurt Khabib a few times but instead of realizing Khabib was 100% going to go for a takedown he attacked recklessly with no consideration for the takedown threat and then all momentum was immediately gone.

Last edited:
Porier looked good, for sure...

But I believe the result of this fight was more due to Hooker tiring in the third round than it was anything else.

Hooker was giving Porier a lot of problems before he became exhausted.
Yes but he was giving Poirier problems because he was fighting at a pace he couldn't keep up, like Smith Texeira round 1.

Yes but he was giving Poirier problems because he was fighting at a pace he couldn't keep up, like Smith Texeira round 1.

He fought a very calm and tactical 1st round, and if he continued to fight at that pace, he might have been fresher.

It’s true Porier was being more aggressive in trying to close the distance more round 2 and that definitely played a role in Hooker making the adjustment, but Hooker tried to outfight Porier in the 2nd round instead of stay with his original fight plan. He started throwing more power punches to the head and body from in close instead of economically choosing his shots from the outside, which he was doing in the round 1. Also, at the end of the round he seemed to spend his entire gas tank on trying to finish Porier with that flurry.

Porier didn’t really start turning it on until the 4th round, when Hooker looked like he was punching underwater.

Back