Dustin learned a lot from his loss to Khabib

Why the hell are you guys replying to obvious-as-fuck troll StanClarker?
<CerseiPlotting>That's what I say. Good thing I have Sansa & the Vale in my corner or MMA Ramsey Bolton would run me over.

He clearly starts spamming the thread post after post with no one talking to him when he doesn't get replies in search of desperately trying to start a flame war.
{<jimmies}Guess vegas is off.
rt of shit is why they invented an ignore button...
<{vega}>

<CerseiPlotting>That's what I say. Good thing I have Sansa & the Vale in my corner or MMA Ramsey Bolton would run me over.

{<jimmies}Guess vegas is off.
<{vega}>

Well I didn't see either of those last two quotes, so you've certainly misquoted me there. Not very Judoka Sensei respectful of you

Why the hell are you guys replying to obvious-as-fuck troll StanClarker? He clearly starts spamming the thread post after post with no one talking to him when he doesn't get replies in search of desperately trying to start a flame war. That sort of shit is why they invented an ignore button...

I don't believe he is a troll.

<36>

No. And Conor's retired.

Conor already smashed Dustin. He’d murder the hittable Hooker and there’s nothing Dustin has done to suggest he’d be able to beat Conor the second time around

Conor already smashed Dustin. He’d murder the hittable Hooker and there’s nothing Dustin has done to suggest he’d be able to beat Conor the second time around

Conor beat Dustin at 145. Years ago. That’s irrelevant at this point.

Since then, Dustin has TKO’d Gaethje, beat Max, rocked Khabib on the feet and almost submitted him.

Conor hasn’t had a win at LW since 2016. Stop defending a dude that doesn’t fight and has no wins in the LW division since Khabib has been champ.

I don't believe he is a troll.
I've never seen a serious poster use a gif/meme after literally every sentence.
<{1-15}>I'm the opposite dilemma. So versed on martial arts that MMA is a mere crib child.
Case in point. Clearly designed to get a rise, like every other sentence that smacks of a bored teenager.

Anyway if you think he isn't a troll then have at it. Just sets off quite a bit of red flags (gifs + hijacking the thread + insults + signing up on an MMA forum in order to attack MMA and post non-stop about it) is all.

I noticed he tried some of Khabibs tricks. However, its not specific to him, a lot of fighters that haven't fought Khabib have learnt from him. Didn't Overeem use some of Khabibs posituoning last fight ?

Fighters have done it before khabib, too. I can't think of names, but it's an old school technique. Khabib is definitely credited for bringing it back, though.

It shows Dan's lack of preparation. He said he didn't watch the khabib-dustin fight as there was nothing he can learn that would help him prepare for his match against dustin and dustin ends up using some of khabib's tactics. Go figure

What technique of Khabib did Dustin use?

Seriously

Seems like you've got a pretty hard perspective on how MMA knowledge is gained and applied - I try to be unbiased and just look at the fighters performance and the tactics/strategy they use to try and ascertain if anything was learned.

I wouldn't call it "a stretch" to say that Dustin learned something from getting grapple-raped by Khabib; in the 4th round when he took Dan down against the cage he went for a leg-lace to mount to single-leg back-take to Dagestani hand-cuff - this is TEXTBOOK Khabib grappling breakdown process and Dustin did an ok imitation of it (leg-lace his legs weren't crossed and he wasn't driving with his head into opponent). He's not Khabib so it's not going to be as effective, but that doesn't mean it won't still work.

Good fighters copycat the skills of other fighters, even if those fighters are better at applying those skills. It doesn't mean you have to be Khabib to use Khabib tactics, you just have to have better offensive wrestling then your opponent (and technically Dustin is better then Hooker there, he is just also bad defensively because he can't help but jump guillotines).

Good fighters improve from losses, especially if they got exposed somewhere (as it gives them an area to work on). That doesn't mean getting raped by Khabib turns you into Khabib, but in the process of the ass-beating if you have any type of awareness you have to look back and understand how effective it was and see if you can use those attacks/positions in similar ways if you are able to get there. You don't learn the technique through the ass-beating, you learn of the technique and then in training thereafter work on defending and using it.

If you don't think Dustin has been training positions Khabib put him in since their fight you don't know a damn thing about fighting.

Nonsense.

Lol at Khabib having a copyright on the leg-lace-to-mount-Dagi blah blah blah...

Askren foes essentially the same, Maia similar too...Really any ELITE wrestler/grappler...Dustin is a great wrestler-grappler....

Khabib is MUCH, MUCH better.

Dustin didn't learn shit from Khabib

I've never seen a serious poster use a gif/meme after literally every sentence.{/quote]
How many serious posters are there. Now, at least one.

Case in point. Clearly designed to get a rise, like every other sentence that smacks of a bored teenager.
U mean the replies to me?

Anyway if you think he isn't a troll then have at it. Just sets off quite a bit of red flags (gifs + hijacking the thread + insults
<YayKpop>Never happened to me.
+ signing up on an MMA forum in order to attack MMA and post non-stop about it) is all.
<Wink>Mixed martial ARTS. <{1-12}>Competition is what it needs.

I've never seen a serious poster use a gif/meme after literally every sentence.
<{1-12}>How many serious posters are there. Now, at least one.

<{1-8}>U mean the replies to me?

Anyway if you think he isn't a troll then have at it. Just sets off quite a bit of red flags (gifs + hijacking the thread + insults
<YayKpop>Never happened to me.
+ signing up on an MMA forum in order to attack MMA and post non-stop about it) is all.
<{1-7}>Mixed martial ARTS. Competition is what it needs.<Wink>

When I signed on... thread count around 3 or so w me.

Then skyrocketed to fortyish... was climbing higher... when I signed off earlier.

<LikeReally5>Dropped the part about Khabib being better.
Dunno. MMA Analyst made some points.

<[analyzed}>One thing is for sure. Poirer didn't learn sh*t about how to defeat Khabib. Poirier learned nothing from McBurger either. Which means their coaches learned nothing... their camps generally learned nothing... and MMA generally learned nothing.

<{jackyeah}>Sorry MMA Analyst, to burst your MMA bubble.

Ok, ok,,, you've all been patient enough.

The way to defeat Khabib is, a hotel suite in Vegas, unlimited dining privileges, 1st class air fare paid... and a smidgen of McNugget $$$$ paid up front, non-refundable.

{<jimmies}It's simple, really. Like boxing footwork.

The gorilla is in homage to Matt Thornton, his logo for Straight Blast Gym. Unthinking brute.

Nonsense.

Lol at Khabib having a copyright on the leg-lace-to-mount-Dagi blah blah blah...

Askren foes essentially the same, Maia similar too...Really any ELITE wrestler/grappler...Dustin is a great wrestler-grappler....

Khabib is MUCH, MUCH better.

We're not claiming copy right. He didn't do any of that prior to his khabib fights and suddenly does it? Yeah, I'm sure dustin was studying a random askren fight preparing for his fight against hooker instead of just learning it from the last fight he fought in. That makes sense.

We're not claiming copy right. He didn't do any of that prior to his khabib fights and suddenly does it? Yeah, I'm sure dustin was studying a random askren fight preparing for his fight against hooker instead of just learning it from the last fight he fought in. That makes sense.

He didn't study shit dude.

Leg-lacing is something every wrestler does.

Who did he learn the body triangle from back mount that he used against Pettis from? Body-triangle is basically a leg lace on the waist.

Wrestlers use their legs to control people. Eddie did a leg-lace-to-mount-to-backtake against Dustin before the brainfart. But Khabib enlightened him to this technique?

Good god

Last edited:
Back