Dustin is the only fighter Conor's fought who's outlanded him at distance

I really hope that Poirier fights smart and takes Conor into rd3. I want to see what Conor does this time when the gas tank is empty and Poirier starts pouring it on: a) panic wrestle and give up the neck b) stay on his feet and take the shots

I like how people are grasping at straws and trying to pull meaningful stats from a 90 second fight LOL
<36>
It's just an observation. Take what you will from it. I'm still picking Conor. It's original content and a genuine statistic. Meanwhile, I've never seen you make a good post. You aren't in a position to criticise anyone, let alone me.

It's just an observation. Take what you will from it. I'm still picking Conor. It's original content and a genuine statistic. Meanwhile, I've never seen you make a good post. You aren't in a position to criticise anyone, let alone me.
Oh fuck off

I thought this was an interesting stat.

Conor outlanded:
Brimage 16-12
Holloway 42-22 (all three rounds)
Brandao 10-5
Siver 47-30 (both rounds)
Mendes 39-14 (both rounds)
Aldo 3-1
Diaz 193-150 (6 out of 7 rounds)
Alvarez 24-9 (both rounds)
Khabib 35-24 (3 out of 4 rounds)
Cowboy 3-0

Yet Poirier outlanded Conor 10-5. And I know of at least a couple of those 10 that were really big shots. The story of the fight was just that Dustin couldn't take Conor's power. If Poirier proves more durable this time, then this fight will be very interesting...

Which is why Dustin winning via TKO is possible. He hits plenty hard and is great offensively.

It's just his defense and chin that has me worried haha.

This is like before the cowboy fight when everyone was hyping up cowboy so that when conrad thrashed him it would look like an accomplishment.

The reality is that conor walked him down, had zero respect for dustin whatsoever and koed him with one punch. That is what happened.

Not trying to shit on Dustin but lets all be real, this match was made for conor to win. Dana even told khabib himself

There needs to be large enough sample data for it to mean anything... picking it from a 90 second fight is fallacious and misleading. You don’t have to like me but I’m speaking facts here bruddah

Maybe its because Dustin its a volume brawler with a very bad defense. How did it end in the first fight?

Id say Dustin had done a lot more to close the skill gap than Conor has done to widen the skill gap between them. If Dustin picks his shots and builds confidence in the first 2 rounds Conor will be in trouble.

So what you're saying is Conor KO'd him in 5 strikes, and this is a good stat for Dustin?
No. I'm pointing out that Dustin is the only one to have outlanded Conor at distance. Maybe it means something, maybe it doesn't. Stats are tools to work out things about the factors that produced them. E.g. one could make the argument that Conor's output will dip as the fight progresses, while Dustin's won't. That argument, combined with these stats, paints a bad picture for Conor were the fight to go late.

There needs to be large enough sample data for it to mean anything... picking it from a 90 second fight is fallacious and misleading. You don’t have to like me but I’m speaking facts here bruddah
It means less because of the small sample size, but it doesn't necessarily mean nothing. It's only misleading to those who don't consider the context of fight duration. I don't see how these stats don't add to the discussion. They don't need to be terribly meaningful to do so. It's just something to consider.

Agreed, no one can bring it to Conor, the only chance anyone has of surviving is to basically run for their lives. Just too powerful.

So much power. Here are some good examples.

UepSTfZ.gif

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

OK2E7JV.gif

Lol at stupid here posting boxing gifs.
<Dany07>

It's pretty mad that Conor has only been outstruck at distance in one completed round ever. And that was Khabib round 2, going 3-5, in which only like 30 seconds of it was contested at distance. The other two rounds are Conor-Diaz round 2 where Diaz finished Conor, and Conor-Dustin where Conor finished Dustin.

Conor
Agreed, no one can bring it to Conor, the only chance anyone has of surviving is to basically run for their lives. Just too powerful.

So much power. Here are some good examples.

UepSTfZ.gif

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

OK2E7JV.gif

Congrats, you posted gifs of a full-time MMA fighter fighting the greatest defensive boxer of all time.

Conor even trained with his usual MMA coaches instead of boxing coaches.

I would post gifs of Conor hitting Floyd, but no point.

On the main topic, Dustin was hitting Conor with some good shots.

I have a feeling this fight is going the distance like the Diaz rematch. But unlike most people, I know Conors cardio is not bad, he knows how to pace himself now.

Last edited:
But the distance shots Conor landed on Khabib were weak and didn't do jack shit!
The best distance shot of that fight was when Khabib knocked Conor on his ass in the second round and then proceeded to maul the fuck out of your boy Conor. About the best shot Conor landed on Khabib was a close uppercut and Khabib recovered fast.

I'm picking Conor to win. I'm not saying these stats are overly meaningful. But it's an interesting nonetheless that Dustin's the only one of Conor's opponents who has outstruck him at distance. That was a competitive striking match, with Dustin getting the better of the exchanges, until of course it all ended up not mattering.

I don’t think Dustin can take Conor’s power. But we’ll see

If he does, he'll be knocked out in comically quick fashion.

It really depends on how he pressures. Conor loves guys who leap in from the outside to pressure, but he is not comfortable being walked down or when guys are fighting in his face. Different sport, but Floyd realized this and Conor looked very awkward. His lack of proper lateral movement is a weakness for Conor that could be exploited by the right opponent. I don't think Dustin is that guy though

Back