Dustin is a great fighter

Homervanderjaz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I thought Holloway’s cardio and volume would be too much for him but I was proved wrong.

I remember watching a documentary on MMA which featured Dustin before he was signed to the UFC. I remember thinking the guys got heart and skills but I wonder if he will ever make it to the upper echelons of his division. Am glad to see that he has.

I don’t think he beats Khabib but even if he retired tomorrow he has beaten many elite fighters and has a solid resume he can be proud of. Hats off to you sir

I went into this fight thinking Holloway would take it with his pace. Even after Poirier put it on him in the first, I figured he had expended too much energy. Poirier proved me wrong, and made a fan out of me. I’m very happy for him.

Nate ducked him for a reason.

But I suspect he will come out of the woodwork and tweet something now.

I thought Holloway’s cardio and volume would be too much for him but I was proved wrong.

I remember watching a documentary on MMA which featured Dustin before he was signed to the UFC. I remember thinking the guys got heart and skills but I wonder if he will ever make it to the upper echelons of his division. Am glad to see that he has.

I don’t think he beats Khabib but even if he retired tomorrow he has beaten many elite fighters and has a solid resume he can be proud of. Hats off to you sir
fightville

Last edited:
And Conor beat both of them. I'm not a fan of Conor, but it is what it is: Conor was probably the biggest winner of that fight, even if he didn't fight. His stock just went up a mile.

Last edited:
And Conor beat both of them. I'm not a fan of Conor, but it is what it is: Conor was probably the biggest winner of that fight, even if he didn't fight. His stock just went up a ile.
FALSE. Conor beat them at 145 a long time ago and Max was only 19 or 20 at the time. Max and Dustin have progressed and leap frogged Conor who quits when the going gets rough (see Nate Diaz fight #1 and Khabib fight). Conor fights on Twitter and at hotels and bars. He mostly avoids fights in the UFC. Still zero title defenses...none.

And Conor beat both of them. I'm not a fan of Conor, but it is what it is: Conor was probably the biggest winner of that fight, even if he didn't fight. His stock just went up a ile.
I get your point but I don’t think I would say Conor was the biggest winner of that fight, it was the two guys who put on a show.

Dustin's a great fighter & seems like a great guy. Raising money for a playground for fuck's sake, how could someone not be a fan?

He's a good fighter.

"Greatness" is thrown around way too much.

FALSE. Conor beat them at 145 a long time ago and Max was only 19 or 20 at the time. Max and Dustin have progressed and leap frogged Conor who quits when the going gets rough (see Nate Diaz fight #1 and Khabib fight). Conor fights on Twitter and at hotels and bars. He mostly avoids fights in the UFC. Still zero title defenses...none.

Well, Conor made Alvarez look like he didn't belong in there with him. Poirier beat him, but not nearly as easily.

Conor finished Aldo in a record 12 seconds. Max was in wars.

There's literally no support for the claim that the two (Max and Dustin) have evolved more than McGregor.

Poirier is a stud . Only for the Khabib has an advanatage of wrestling bears since he was a baby you would think Poirier could beat him . Khabib just has such and advantage over everyone with that wrestling pedigree .

Poirier vs Ferguson next please .

Conor is finished is what I am hearing in Dublin . Strung out on coke and his mother is on the verge of a mental breakdown

Dustin spits too fucking much. The ref had to warn him about it and even after the fight he just kept spitting.

Last edited:
Conor is a shell of himself and would get murked by both of those fighters if they fought last night. Conor fads very hard after the 1st round. Dustin puts conor to sleep. Max finishes him in the 3rd.

He's a good fighter.

"Greatness" is thrown around way too much.

His record and his belt speak for themselves. Dustin Poirier is a great fighter indeed. Have fun with your language games.

Dustin spits too fucking much. The red had to warn him about it and even after the fight he just kept spitting.
Holloway bled too much. Ref should have deducted a point for that.

By that logic Joe Duffy & Artemij Sitenkov are even bigger winners.

It doesn’t work like that.

Conor is a shell of himself

Based on what? Having lost vs Khabib? In which fight he became the only one ever to win a round vs Khabib?

You CANNOT support the claim that Conor is a shell of himself. You simply don't know. But you're reading Sherdog and siding with the haters. That's how you "know".

I still see the same guy that got merked by MJ. I still see it happening again.

I see nothing special in Poirier honestly.

Hopefully Poirier gets some respect around here now, I’m not going to declare him the “Khabib killer” but Poirier is a deserving contender, let Ferguson handle his own business and he’ll fight whoever wins between Dustin/Khabib, most likely Khabib though. Hopefully not though, Khabib/Ferguson is cursed, they won’t ever fight.

I'd say the fight tonight emphasized the fact that Conor at his best Is still in another universe on the feet compared with these two. I think people are absurdly biased when It comes to Conor's skillset. Which Is more than a little odd for probably the best boxer we've had In the sport. Many people don't want to give him any credit at all. You'd think he was a bum. Whether people like him or not should not matter. It should not keep you from being real. Drop ur confirmation bias and give credit where It's due.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back