Dustin and Al NOT Cowboy

Would rather see Conor fight AI.
Don't want to see him whip Dustin again.
Cowboy would be a great fight too.
Ferguson does not want to fight Khabib so Dustin should fight one of them.

I know mate, and if this wasn't the case I wouldn't have created this thread, to begin with, cuz everything would be set and done.
but since there's no system for such things I'm suggesting that we as fans should push for more accomplished (currently) fighters to get this opportunity for many logical reasons.
Agreed.

Do you think UFC should include some point system in rankings? Like if you beat #10-#5 guy you get +2, if you beat #1-#5 you get +3, etc.

It may create better rankings and then easier (logical) matchmaking? But it also may hurt UFC business?

I don't know.

We fans are generally subjective as well I think.

There is no way the UFC won't give Conor a tittle fight after 1 win and a cut promo.. doesn't even matter who he beats could be Cowboy's own grandma it's the WME era and his Dana's biggest draw.

I'll honestly be surprised if Dana doesn't just gift him that title rematch next. Conor said that he wants it. I've said all along that if Conor really does want it then he will get it. That's how it works now. If he doesn't fight Khabib next then the reason will be apparent.

Last edited:
Conor needs to be matched against someone with a 1 fight losing streak in the top 10.

He doesnt deserve Dustin or Al

Because Cerrone Is an easier fight for Conor then AL and its the least amount of risk to trying to justify another title fight for conor.

Agreed.

Do you think UFC should include some point system in rankings? Like if you beat #10-#5 guy you get +2, if you beat #1-#5 you get +3, etc.

It may create better rankings and then easier (logical) matchmaking? But it also may hurt UFC business?

I don't know.

We fans are generally subjective as well I think.
I like the PFL approach but they will never apply such system
this's why I'm calling for our only card which is public opinion, figured if you asked for something we might get it

If Conor wants Cerrone then it should be Al vs Poirier and Khabib vs Ferg on the same card and the Al vs Poirier winner is for the next title shot.
Get real
Mcgregor isn’t having another champion on his card hogging ppv and he definitely isn’t having khabib as a co main
That’s beyond ridiculous
All 3 could headline ppv and fight nights

Conor needs to be matched against someone with a 1 fight losing streak in the top 10.

He doesnt deserve Dustin or Al
He doesn’t deserve the guy who he starched in 2 minutes
Lol
Al was ranked 10 and got Lee
Get real

Nate already embarrassed TRT cowboy

Yea but it's been so long cowboy is relevant again and Nate is MIA... I'm such a big Diaz bro fans but there so stressful to be fans of with there long pauses between fights

Get real
Mcgregor isn’t having another champion on his card hogging ppv and he definitely isn’t having khabib as a co main
That’s beyond ridiculous
All 3 could headline ppv and fight nights

My bad, I worded that poorly. I meant put Al vs Poirier on the same card as Khabib vs Ferg, not Conor vs Cerrone. Al vs Poirier on that card makes sense in case either Ferg or Khabib pull out which has been known to happen in this match up. Al and Poirier will already be in camp and can step in.

Iaquinta has been a terrible company man, is incredibly inactive, and doesn't even seem that interested in his mma career. He is also a harder match up for Conor which is not good when you want to give a top name a win.

Poirier has already lost by KO to Conor. Conor doesn't really have anything to gain in the win and it's a risky fight that is less marketable because it's been done before.

Cowboy Cerrone is the most active fighter in UFC history, is always in exciting fights (top 3 bonus winner of all time), is a relatively big name compared to the other 2, and he is pretty beatable for Conor... He by far makes more sense as an opponent from a business perspective and personally, I'd much rather see Cowboy get the money fight.

My bad, I worded that poorly. I meant put Al vs Poirier on the same card as Khabib vs Ferg, not Conor vs Cerrone. Al vs Poirier on that card makes sense in case either Ferg or Khabib pull out which has been known to happen in this match up. Al and Poirier will already be in camp and can step in.
That’s a good point
Fair play
Poirer vs AL would be a great ESPN card aswell
I think they want Conor getting the next title shot
So they may have cowboy fight al or Dustin while Conor is suspended

Who cares about "money fights"...every fight I watch on a PPV is a money fight.

I think I would rather see Cerrone/McGregor. Cerrone is a slow starter but can turn it on, and I would love to see a Cerrone head kick KO over Conor...further deflating the money balloon.

Yea but it's been so long cowboy is relevant again and Nate is MIA... I'm such a big Diaz bro fans but there so stressful to be fans of with there long pauses between fights
I agree
But I don’t blame Nate as Dustin is the one that pulled out of there fight
I’m over nick atm

Back