Dustin and Al NOT Cowboy

Pious Augustus

Born With Thick Skin
Pink
Reaction score

This thread isn't about what should be done according to a law or criteria in matchmaking
it's about how we should approach it as fans.

like it or not a win for Conor over unranked old Cerrone Will put him back in the title picture (he gets to redeem himself by beating an unranked old fighter instead of top 5 competition)
*and if he lost, the unranked old fighter will take his spot at #2 and will leapfrog more deserving contenders of this opportunity

Both Dustin and Al deserve this money fight over Cowboy and we should be camping for them instead
MMA fans are so hypocrites, they crying over Usman vs Woodley cuz Dana supposedly screwed Colby by booking #2 ranked fighter to fight the champ instead of #1, and now the SOBs are campaigning to screw Dustin and Al for an unranked 2-3 fighter apparently.

give me one real reason for doing Cerrone vs Conor over the Al or Dustin

some would argue that it's a winnable fight for Conor like if we're supposed to babysit him and guide him towards winnable fights

in one thread they cry over Tony not having his deserved title shot
in the other thread, they're campaigning to screw the Diamond out of his well deserved red panty night

There is no criteria for earning and deserving a fight with a fellow contender I know.
but there's also no criteria for earning a Title shot, thus me asking for strict ranking based matchups isn't in any way different than asking for #1 vs the Champ matchups

@Tap machine TS, the problem is, there is no real rubric how matchmaking works because even rankings are mainly based on subjective impression.

Should Conor defend his #2 position in the rankings?

Should Poirier fight someone below him?

Should Al fight someone ahead of him?

There is no rule or something.

If Cowboy thing interests people, UFC will make it probably.

I know mate, and if this wasn't the case I wouldn't have created this thread, to begin with, cuz everything would be set and done.
but since there's no system for such things I'm suggesting that we as fans should push for more accomplished (currently) fighters to get this opportunity for many logical reasons.

2eftkqx.png

Last edited:
It’s not a title fight we are talking about here. So rankings mean exactly nothing. What are you talking about?

This thread sucks.

Conor isn't the champion anymore
He's a contender just like the rest of them
He can fight which ever fellow top 10 guy he wants
Which appears to be Donald

I'd prefer Conor fought Al instead of Cowboy because I see that as a much closer and entertaining fight, but if Conor wants to fight Cerrone and vice versa... Not much you can do to stop that I guess. It's just left up to Dana now.

Conor isn't the champion anymore
He's a contender just like the rest of them
He can fight which ever fellow top 10 guy he wants
Which appears to be Donald
This's thread isn't about what Conor wants to do, it's about what we should ask for as fans

It’s not a title fight we are talking about here. So rankings mean exactly nothing. What are you talking about?

This thread sucks.
Amen.

Conor got demolished. He should fight his way back up and Cowboy is a fun fight.

I'd be fine with Dustin or Al, but why not have one of them fight Khabib or have them fight each other?

Amen.

Conor got demolished. He should fight his way back up and Cowboy is a fun fight.

I'd be fine with Dustin or Al, but why not have one of them fight Khabib or have them fight each other?

Except Khabib needs to fight Tony next.

Also- the UFC is a business and Conor, their biggest draw, has lost 3 of his last 5 fights and his last 2.

Conor needs a win to remain relevant and remain a draw. His last two fights were against 26-0 and 49-0 goats ad he was severely outmatched. He needs a reasonable opponent, aside from his amazing performance against Eddie Conor hasn't even proved he belongs in the top five.

Khabib Vs Ferg
Cerrone Vs Conor
Poirier Vs Nate

Except Khabib needs to fight Tony next.
I don't think the MMA gods will allow it.

I would LOVE to see that fight, but it seems fate has other plans.

What are you talking about?
we're talking about #3 and #4 ranked fighters deserving the money fight against Conor (#2) more than Cowboy and that we should ask for those fights instead

This's thread isn't about what Conor wants to do, it's about what we should ask for as fans
What if I (a fan) wants Conor to fight who he wants to fight
Then it is about what Conor wants.

You spoke about who deserves the fight
The one that deserves the fight is who Conor wants to fight within the rankings
There is no criteria for earning and derserving a fight with a fellow contender

Ranked fight
Top 10 fight
Top 5 fight
Title fight

These are the things you can deserves through winning
Red panty night is something Conor blesses you with now that he isn't champion, not something you can earn.

Cerrone has a much more established record in the UFC's lightweight division than Conor. Conor is 1-1, Also Cerrone was on a tear and the #2 guy in the division when he lost to RDA and moved up to 170. Cerrone is more deserving of a big money fight than Al or Dustin, Al and Dustin can fight each other.

we're talking about #3 and #4 ranked fighters deserving the money fight against Conor more than Cowboy and that should ask for those fights instead
I would say that by seniority Cowboy is much more deserving of a big money fight. He is the biggest draw out of the three. Conor would have to carry Porier and Al in terms of promotion. Not to mention Porier has already been knocked out in the first round against mcgregor. Al's recent win against Kevin was great, but in the last two years his only other victory was an over the hill Diego Sanchez.

Conor inst going to fight Dustin again and no one knows who Al is. So.... I dont think the fight will happen anyway, so I wouldn't worry your rosy cheeks too much.

Amen.

Dustin, despite his rank, is a nobody. Anytime you pull out of a fight, I honestly think you should be considered as coming off a loss and fall back into line.

Back