Television DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Live-Action Series in the Works

We used to be cool...

The year I graduated high school I was still in a play group. The night of a big party at the school my group had a session planned, but there was a girl I really liked who was going to be at the party, so I asked if they could pick me up there.

They showed up while I was slow dancing with the girl, and when the song ended I left with them because, and correct me if I'm wrong, if you commit to a session, you go. Period.

When we were about a mile from the school one of my friends, the driver, turned to me and told me I was a moron for leaving her. I froze before asking him if he'd mind me bailing. He laughed and said "fuck no, we have a session, just wanted you to know nobody else would have left her to go play a game".

We were never cool.

The year I graduated high school I was still in a play group. The night of a big party at the school my group had a session planned, but there was a girl I really liked who was going to be at the party, so I asked if they could pick me up there.

They showed up while I was slow dancing with the girl, and when the song ended I left with them because, and correct me if I'm wrong, if you commit to a session, you go. Period.

When we were about a mile from the school one of my friends, the driver, turned to me and told me I was a moron for leaving her. I froze before asking him if he'd mind me bailing. He laughed and said "fuck no, we have a session, just wanted you to know nobody else would have left her to go play a game".

We were never cool.
My chick was actually in my group, so I never had that kind if conflict. Now my wife on the other hand calls me a dork if the topic ever comes up.

But what I was referring to was @Bald1 saying it's going to suck has driven a wedge in our e-friendship that it may never recover from.

My chick was actually in my group, so I never had that kind if conflict. Now my wife on the other hand calls me a dork if the topic ever comes up.

But what I was referring to was @Bald1 saying it's going to suck has driven a wedge in our e-friendship that it may never recover from.
Lol. I get it now.

I used to play until I was 17. Was a bit of a contrast between teenage partying, being a long hair metal head and then looking up random shit in Legends and Lore or leafing through Monstrous Compendium for more nuggets of dork knowledge.

I'd love for this series to be awesome, especially as Chris Pine can pull off action roles well. Unfortunately D&D stuff has a history of being complete and utter shite on the screen. Maybe it just can't live up to my imagination?

Hoping for all the best though..
Gygax bless

Lol. I get it now.

I used to play until I was 17. Was a bit of a contrast between teenage partying, being a long hair metal head and then looking up random shit in Legends and Lore or leafing through Monstrous Compendium for more nuggets of dork knowledge.

I'd love for this series to be awesome, especially as Chris Pine can pull off action roles well. Unfortunately D&D stuff has a history of being complete and utter shite on the screen. Maybe it just can't live up to my imagination?

Hoping for all the best though..
Gygax bless

Might as well strike while the iron is still hot: GoT has snagged a bunch of adults into the high fantasy realm.

Critical miss, your keyboard jams.

Has D&D ever been handled properly in film or television?

I am aware that it bears little resemblance to the game, but the 80s cartoon was excellent.

dungeons-dragons-cartoon-header.jpg

Venger was the only 80s cartoon villain who was actually scary, and this show was the only cartoon of that time where the main characters decide that they're tired of the villain hunting them down and that their best course of action is to straight up murder him, and very nearly succeed.

Remember that awful Shannara Chronicles?
God that was bad.

Cut it some slack. It introduced us to grown up Ivana Baquero.

Ivana-Baquero-02.jpg

Ivana-Baquero-03.jpg

Remember that awful Shannara Chronicles? Reminded me of all the failed D&D garbage I also forgot about.

LOTR trilogy were about the only movies that captured the feel of the source material as far as the fantasy genre goes. I can't wait for the Wheel of Time to get to the big screen, said no one ever!
<WellThere>

The entertainment world already sucked at it 9 times out 10 in a period things were better
GoT almost managed to enter LotR levels of greatness, then modern mainstream sneaked in the room and liquid-crapped everywhere
And now we just entered in 2020s Netflix age
<6>

I will expect to receive epic level bullshit, so if they manage to do "something" good i will be pleasant surprised
Like Witcher
Casting had (and still have) me
<36>
But Cavill at least REALLY did the best he could, effects were nice and nude Yennefer was <{anton}>
6.5/10 would watch Season2

I am aware that it bears little resemblance to the game, but the 80s cartoon was excellent.

dungeons-dragons-cartoon-header.jpg

Venger was the only 80s cartoon villain who was actually scary, and this show was the only cartoon of that time where the main characters decide that they're tired of the villain hunting them down and that their best course of action is to straight up murder him, and very nearly succeed.

Cut it some slack. It introduced us to grown up Ivana Baquero.

Ivana-Baquero-02.jpg

Ivana-Baquero-03.jpg

9/10, would agree Wizard's terms

<WellThere>

The entertainment world already sucked at it 9 times out 10 in a period things were better
GoT almost managed to enter LotR levels of greatness, then modern mainstream sneaked in the room and liquid-crapped everywhere
And now we just entered in 2020s Netflix age
<6>

I will expect to receive epic level bullshit, so if they manage to do "something" good i will be pleasant surprised
Like Witcher
Casting had (and still have) me
<36>
But Cavill at least REALLY did the best he could, effects were nice and nude Yennefer was <{anton}>
6.5/10 would watch Season2
I only ever played the first Witcher game so am not up to speed on the Lord but I actually liked it. Has potential at least.

Might as well strike while the iron is still hot: GoT has snagged a bunch of adults into the high fantasy realm.
I disagree, GoT is low fantasy and that's one of the points that made it digestible for the wider audience. Too many dragons and magic and the average viewer goes away. I'd rather have Starz pick up the rights to Conan and do it like Spartacus.

@JadeOwl bro, I went from Pan's Labyrinth to your gifs. Time sure flies.

Back