Dumbest sparring sessions

Did a girl with pink nails fuck you up? She even put you in that bane gesture.

"do you feel in charge?"

g1360520190826696097.jpg

lol, my wife is behind me in that pic

That does not look like a fun day at the gym.

yeah, our sparring matches were basically smoker fights, we would go hard all the time, thats a old pic from back in the day when I used to train with Cub Swanson, hes not the guy I sparred with that day though, this is, a old training partner, we were the same skill level roughly but he out weighed me by about 20 lbs

IMG_0534.JPG

IMG_0539.JPG

seriously dude, your a grown man like me with wife and kids. the man doesnt need to be the "ruler" but i see way too many guys with bitch wives that give them so much shit and walk all over them. Its like either be cool, or gtfo. Specifcially now a days, good women are very hard to come by. Its to the point its not even worth trying anymore. I know alot of guys that live the bachelor life the majority of their life.

Well said. Balance is key. Like everything else in life.

Something I've always wondered was, do boxers generally spar harder than what most typical gyms that attempt to mimic "thai-style" sparring do these days? Seems every vid I see of sparring rounds at boxing gyms, its basically an exhibition fight.

Imagine this may be more contentious, but the Groenhart Brothers was the first thing that came to mind.

Are they sparring, or doing some weird form of drilling? I ask because they are literally taking turns, no one is interrupting each other's flurries

#bangnation

A good padwork almost feel like sparring anyway.
Intensity-wise good padwork matches a hard spar, but overall still feels like padwork. Basically tabatas when you think about it. Good drilling for me on the other hand really feels like sparring. aka partner on offense, I'm on defense and the only "offense" I can mount is only interrupt with a combo

Fuck loads. Trained at My first gym for almost 10 years and was one of the old breed MMA schools. It was nothing for us to beat the shit out of each other 6 rounds a night 4-5 days a week, and that was after 6 rounds of bjj rolling, and sometimes they would throw a few rounds of boxing/KB just for good measure.

As well as washing out countless numbers of new people that just couldn't wrap their head around getting the shit kicked out of them every night for months until they could gain some skill, I wonder how different my, and many of the other fighters careers would have been of we spent even half of that time on skill development, instead of just constant cte inducing sparring sessions.

This isn't a knock on my old coach, these were the old days, and he did give us loads of technical wrestling and bjj drills, usually for an hour straight before rolling started. But man, those gym wars were just insane.
The Miletich/Lion's Den days. It's not just you, seems it was like that for MMA in North America back in the day.

Are they sparring, or doing some weird form of drilling? I ask because they are literally taking turns, no one is interrupting each other's flurries

#bangnation

That's what I was wondering actually. I noticed that too. It does look like drilling, and it wouldn't surprise me if they try to kill each other during drills as well, but I did notice a few interrupting strikes that made me think it might be sparring.

That's what I was wondering actually. I noticed that too. It does look like drilling, and it wouldn't surprise me if they try to kill each other during drills as well, but I did notice a few interrupting strikes that made me think it might be sparring.
Of the two "evils", I'd rather it be harder in sparring, I've been injured from hard drilling more than hard sparring actually.

Also, we need the backstory, were there chickas nearby? it is 100% proven that you have tail you want to smash in the vicinity, even the most nicest soft-spoken wuss, will go ham like they're going for UFC gold

Of the two "evils", I'd rather it be harder in sparring, I've been injured from hard drilling more than hard sparring actually.

Also, we need the backstory, were there chickas nearby? it is 100% proven that you have tail you want to smash in the vicinity, even the most nicest soft-spoken wuss, will go ham like they're going for UFC gold

the only thing i can think of is that because they're bothers they wanna knock each other out. Apparently the Klitschko's would get very heated sparring.

the only thing i can think of is that because they're bothers they wanna knock each other out. Apparently the Klitschko's would get very heated sparring.

having a twin brother, is probably the best thing for training possible. There is no better way to improve, than to be able to fight the man in the mirror/twin. Meaning being able to train with and challenge yourself/identical self. Its literally fighting yourself.

Back