Dumbest myths you've read on Sherdog

That Jones did PED's.

Close second, Shogun was washed up at 26.

Well Tito himself said that DW was "almost a pro boxer" when he made the excuses as to why he pulled out of that boxing match, sooooo . . .

I am sure Tito a world champ pro fighter was scared shitless.. Dana has a scary ass overhand right.. Cardio for days, and what a chin. Whew. Scary bro..

That you shouldn't be able to enter the top10 without beating someone in the top10.

* There are plenty of times when a former top10 fighter leaves the division which naturally means everyone has to be moved up a spot
*If #10 and and #11 have a similar record, and #10 loses his next fights while #11 goes on a win streak, of the fighter with a win streak can replace the loser in the top10 despite not having faced anyone up there yet.

You are overthinking it. If everything went to form as far as top ten rankings, the 10th fighter would never have beaten anyone in the top ten because he didn't beat 1 thru 9 and he obviously couldn't beat himself.

You are overthinking it. If everything went to form as far as top ten rankings, the 10th fighter would never have beaten anyone in the top ten because he didn't beat 1 thru 9 and he obviously couldn't beat himself.
Not necessarily.
The 10th fighter could have wins over several top10 fighters but is now on a really bad losing streak and has rightfully fallen down the rankings.

If had wins over #9 and #8 but then go on a five fight losing streak - but they go on long win streaks - wouldn't you rank them higher than me?

Last edited:
Not necessarily.
The 10th fighter could have wins over several top10 fighters but is now on a really bad losing streak and has rightfully fallen down the rankings.

If had wins over #9 and #8 but then go on a five fight losing streak - but they go on long win streaks - wouldn't you rank them higher than me?

Don't disagree with you. But the easiest way to demonstrate that a top ten fighter need not have a top 10 win is the way I described.

Back