Dumb Question (Literally.)

DeathAndHealing

White Belt
Reaction score
Is there any advantage to putting your thumb inside your fist?

When I was growing up I read an article about how your thumb weighs about as much as a roll of quarters and if you tuck it inside your fist when you punch you have more concentrated power or some such bullshido.

I know by punching thumb inside your finger IS going to break but I was wondering if this technique was ever actually employed, ever?

So your asking if people ever use a technique that would intentionally break there own thumb?

........Probably.

itll only work if you put your elbow in your armpit and apply force from your hip, while squeezing your buttcheeks together.

The first three replies are hilarious.

But to answer the original question: yes.

only if you stick it up your ass before, make your opponent smell the stench of defeat!

only if you stick it up your ass before, make your opponent smell the stench of defeat!

upon further review, it would reek more if youre thumb wasnt tucked inside.

youd just be a dumbass who would break his shitty hand.

this thread

orson-clapping1.gif

Thanks for the replies everyone. Obviously, its a dumb question, maybe you read the subject title? Probably not, but anyways. This is the Stand-Up forum and I was looking for people who actually train or perhaps research/study martial arts to clue me in on factual knowledge of having the thumb tucked inside the fist. Otherwise, continue with irrelevant post.

PS: Never thought Id get an applause gif for one of my threads, I feel honored! :)

Never ever.....ever....put your thumb inside your fist.

EVER

Thanks for the replies everyone. Obviously, its a dumb question, maybe you read the subject title? Probably not, but anyways. This is the Stand-Up forum and I was looking for people who actually train or perhaps research/study martial arts to clue me in on factual knowledge of having the thumb tucked inside the fist. Otherwise, continue with irrelevant post.

PS: Never thought Id get an applause gif for one of my threads, I feel honored! :)

He honored your stupidity my friend...but I assume you're in middle or high school so it's not so bad.

If you tuck your thumb in, it is going to be either broken or at the least dislocated. I can imagine this technique was employed by a few stupid ass middle schoolers at some point in time but never for any professional means.

If you have to put "this is a stupid question" in the title of the thread, then the question has been asked and answered 100 times before. GOOGLE THAT SHIT! It's much faster and there's very little chance of getting laughed at.

you made an EPIC thread that made me ROFL for like 5 minutes, well deserved.

U HAV HONOR

TS, just man up and hit someone with your thumb tucked in. When it breaks, pull it off and weigh it.

Just get a friend to record you and try it yourself. Report back to us with the video.

There is a style of Kung Fu that used the thumb tucked in.... Still doesn't work though ;)

Back