Dumb jocks.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
In your experience, is the dumb jock stereotype true? And is it true that teachers give players on the football/basketball team passing grades just so they can play?

And is it true that teachers give players on the football/basketball team passing grades just so they can play?

UNC gives them credit for classes that don't even exist!!

Last edited:
In "my experience"?
not sure but while these meatheads were off sweating in practice in HS,
I was under the bleachers getting BJs from their blonde, bimbo GFs
in exchange for the answers to tomorrow's Math 1A test.

I don't give them passing grades.

True or not, our educational system certainly helps move the stereotype along.

I just watched a video on Deadspin of a school hosting a press conference in the packed gymnasium. The press conference was to tell the world which college a student chose to play football at next year.

I have yet to see a school host a press conference in the library when a kid signs her letter of intent to go to MIT.

i saw that earlier. that mom is a real piece of shit and so is espn for drilling him on it after. mom was probably promised a car or something by nick saban.

I was thinking the same thing. There is no way a parent otherwise could give that much of a shit.

I was thinking the same thing. There is no way a parent otherwise could give that much of a shit.
Sure they can. Tuscaloosa may have been the next town over, and that momma loves her boy.

Im not justifying what this momma did, but theres plenty of reasons for a parent to get upset at the college their kid chooses.

probably the biggest thing about US culture I can't get my head around....High School Football and the pedestal the players seem to be place on, its beyond cringeworthy and bizarre.

Sure they can. Tuscaloosa may have been the next town over, and that momma loves her boy.

Im not justifying what this momma did, but theres plenty of reasons for a parent to get upset at the college their kid chooses.

Follow up question: Why didn't he tell his mom ahead of time?

probably the biggest thing about US culture I can't get my head around....High School Football and the pedestal the players seem to be place on, its beyond cringeworthy and bizarre.

Allegorical for war and the military. not very surprising for a country that has idolatry for the military.

In your experience, is the dumb jock stereotype true? And is it true that teachers give players on the football/basketball team passing grades just so they can play?
LOL, of course it isn't true. At almost all secondary schools in the USA the athletic population averages a significantly higher GPA than the genpop.

It's the pejorative fantasy and media campaign by physically/constitutionally inferior men against physically/constitutionally superior men.

If you can't beat 'em....tell lies.

Watch Last Chance U and get back to me.

Last edited:

This video is just utterly amazing. Wow! I love the part where the dude with the dreds in the back with the ugly white gf is clapping and is doing it right in her face as she then tries to cover up and protect her face... good times.

Back