dumb fight rules

Don't forget the slotted 1 free dick kick. You may as well use one to start the fight off, Masvidal style, and make it count bc you're gonna get a pass.
And don’t forget the ref then pressing the fighter that just kicked in the dick to hurry the fuck up by asking him every 10 seconds if he’s ready. Hey John, herb, etc. I got 5 minutes. I’ll you know when I’m ready asshole

And don’t forget the ref then pressing the fighter that just kicked in the dick to hurry the fuck up by asking him every 10 seconds if he’s ready. Hey John, herb, etc. I got 5 minutes. I’ll you know when I’m ready asshole
Is it just me, or does them repeating the 5 mins to recover always seem like they're actually rushing them? Like the words and tone don't match

I don't think the refs mean to, but it's like saying it 2-3 times always results in a rushed return to action?

ohh also this will piss off the just bleed guys but if you are in dominant position at end of the round you should restart the round if you are in mount or back control ill let them restart with side but mount and back u shouldnt have to restart the round since fights that close to being over
I wish they'd do away with standups during the round. I mean, start new rounds standing, but in return if you can't stand up on your own, the ref shouldn't intervene. Idc if it leads to boring rounds or boos, it's should stay there if the fighter can't get back up til the rd. Ends and if it leads to some 10-8s, so be it.

Guys need to do something besides holding on til the ref intervenes. Promote active guards and penalize brawlers who don't stay standing and just tie up while looking frustrating

Here is an example of why grabbing gloves is illegal.
source.gif

i find that to b a legit technique if its a grappling sport why not i mean when you are that close to finishing someone and they grab the padding of the hand to pull the choking hand off their neck thats even worse cause they saved themselves im gonna agree to disagree

Just clear something up, that i got the impression you might have misunderstood... (or maybe you didnt, but still, just to make sure)

You cannot insert your fingers INSIDE your opponents glove or interlace them with the glove in a way that it creates any extra grip.

You ARE ALLOWED to hold/touch their hands normally though to fight the chokes like you mention

i was told you arnt allowed to grab even the top padding of the glove standing ect or any part which is what guys do to hand fight chokes thats why u rarely see finishes when a guy whoss not hurt most rncs u see is cause they got to backs of ats guy didnt have time to defend

Upkicks are the worst rule imo

You should be able to defend yourself aggressively from guard, including upkicks, regardless of what position your opponent is in. It makes top control significantly harder and means that putting someone on their back isn't an automatic dominant position. It completely changes grappling for the better imo

On a related note, kicks and knees to the head of a downed opponent should be legal, unless the opponent is completely prone. Playing the stupid "hand up and down" game to keep 3 or 4 points of contact is absurd and shouldn't change the course of a fight by allowing a fighter to avoid big strikes

12 to 6 elbow for me. whoever came up with that rule needs to check out the spinning elbow that stun gun landed on hathaway 4-5 years ago. it was scary.

Wearing gloves puts punch oriented fighters at an advantage and submission oriented fighters at a disadvantage.

We can thank the late John McCain for gloves in mma.

Most unified rules suck. No knees or stomps on the ground is dumb. Unified scoring is dumb. Allowing weight cutting is dumb.

MMA is a dumb sport, genuinely, when you think about it.

Here is an example of why grabbing gloves is illegal.
source.gif
That just one level below a clinch knee. If you can hold them by the back of the head to not allow them to escape I fail to see how this IS illegal. I know it is but it is dumb af.

dJ9x0A2.gif

Taken from the Nevada State Athletic Commission website, here’s the official wording of the rule.

“NAC 467.7962 Acts constituting fouls. (NRS 467.030)

10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow. All elbow strikes are legal except for an elbow that is thrown in a downward trajectory (hand traveling from 12 o’clock to 6 o’clock). Any elbow thrown with an arc is a legal elbow. The point of the elbow may be used as striking instrument as well as the forearm or the tricep area of the arm.”

12–6 elbow - Wikipedia

I'm not even a Jones fan, but understand the stupidity of that rule.

i think it is retarded as all hell that you cant grab the glove standing up to trap hands for dirty boxing or for takedowns yet they are allowed to grab the glove to defend a actual choke which is why its so hard to get rncs in mma today they need to at leats stop the no grabbing rule on feat then since guys do it at the worst time when someones locking in a choke
12-6 and out of 10 scores.

12-6 elbows, upkicks, warnings without taking points, kicks and knees on ground. All mentioned. All could be changed.

I submit every USADA rule, "10-point must" scoring system, and when the fight gets paused for "shots to the back of the head" of a turtling opponent. Turning your head away from shots shouldn't be a form of defense. Like "if i just look really hard to the left, he can't hit me with his right. So I'll just hold his left wrist with both hands and keep my head turned." That position bugs me, and enforcing it is completely arbitrary. Jones crushed DC and Gus in the position in both rematches. But Brock got pulled off Mir in a similar position, then got subbed.

Gegard+Mousasis+Illegal+Upkicks+Lyoto+Machida+UFC+Fight+Night+36.gif

Illegal

rose.gif

Totally Fine

method=get&s=kurt-pellegrino-camoes.gif

Totally Fine

Pfft... fucking Unified Garbage

the mousasi machida one prob shouldn't be illegal. he was throwing it before machida was grounded.

re: the jon jones elbow.. that is 12-6. you can't nitpick about it not being completely vertical. bc no 12-6 ever is or will be.

the mousasi machida one prob shouldn't be illegal. he was throwing it before machida was grounded.
Yeah on the borderline you could argue. But it should be legal at all times. If both fighters are on the ground both kicks and knees should be legal in all positions IMO. Definitely kicks.

re: the jon jones elbow.. that is 12-6. you can't nitpick about it not being completely vertical. bc no 12-6 ever is or will be.

Yeah I didn't mention anything about the 12-6. I think its a silly rule though.

dJ9x0A2.gif

Taken from the Nevada State Athletic Commission website, here’s the official wording of the rule.

“NAC 467.7962 Acts constituting fouls. (NRS 467.030)

10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow. All elbow strikes are legal except for an elbow that is thrown in a downward trajectory (hand traveling from 12 o’clock to 6 o’clock). Any elbow thrown with an arc is a legal elbow. The point of the elbow may be used as striking instrument as well as the forearm or the tricep area of the arm.”

12–6 elbow - Wikipedia

12-7 elbow confirmed.

Jones is innocent.

Not being able to grab the fence is retarded.

Wrestlers can use it to take you down but you can't use it to defend yourself?

<LikeReally5>

Back