Dumb Creatine nOOb

Justice 4 All

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'm starting to supplement with Creatine Monohydrate and have found a source through the FAQ that suggests that I consume 25g per day (4-6 servings) for the first week, after which 7g per day (1-2 servings) for up to 4 months.

The supplier's recommendation is 5g (1-2 times daily for 8 weeks). But I think this seems pretty vague and unreliable.

What should I do?

PS - If it has any impact, I will also be supplementing with Impact Whey Isolate.

Had you read the FAQ and the creatine thread therein you would know that 25g a day for creatine is beyond ridiculous.

10g for first week, and 5g thereafter is probably sufficient. 25g is just a quick way to run out of creatine and have to go drop unnecessary money for no results.

Truth be told, I believe majority of the creatine companies state that stacking is not even necessary anymore, but I'm far to lazy to go find sources for that. Just stack first week, and you should be A-okay.

I found another conflicting opinion through the same thread's links:

* Should I do a loading phase?

Probably not. Everyone who sells creatine wants you to do a loading phase where you take 20 grams a day for the first 5 days. From their standpoint - the more you take - the more they sell. However, unless you are in a hurry to gain muscle mass loading is not necessary. Studies have shown that people who load have greater gains than people who take just 5 grams a day after the first 2 weeks. However, after 4 weeks both groups are at an equal level. So, all loading does is just get you to the same point 2 weeks faster. We don't think taking 100 grams in 1 week is worth it if all it does is shave 2 weeks off the process. In the end you are not going to have greater gains with loading.

Source

There is no reason to load. Just take 5g per day and you'll be in exactly the same spot as the people who loaded and wasted their creatine.

Does body weight have an impact on creatine usage? According to the link in the OP, quantities vary slightly according to target body weight.

Sorry, I know I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be. But I'd like to get it right from the start.

Loading is just a ploy to get you to finish it faster. Don't be surprised if you get diarrhea too.

I get great results by taking 10-15g after my workouts and only on days I workout and I'm about 265. If you don't weigh that much, you could try less. Try that, see how it works. I find drinking it with orange juice yields better results. OJ is a very high glycemic index juice. I know all you hear is don't take it with OJ because the acid will lessen the creatine's effectiveness. Well if that was the case then Creatine would never work in anyone because OJ is nothing close to the acidity in our stomachs.

Take the scoop the creatine with the scooper, put it in your mouth then wash it down with the juice.

Last edited:
Yes, bodyweight plays a part. Even 5g is probably more then you require, unless you're 265 like the guy posted above here.

I weigh ~195-200 lbs, and 5g works for me just fine when I'm on it.

Very many thanks for the help guys.

I think I'll see how it goes with 7g per day for 8 weeks, followed by a week off.

How do I know if my body is receiving excess creatine?

PS - I weigh 220+

You probably won't.

Honestly, I don't even feel when I'm ON creatine. When taking creatine or creatine supplements rather, you do get some diarrhea about 90 minutesish after taking it, then you're fine for the rest of the day (or, so i've noticed using Dymatiz, NOX), so i'm not 100% positive it isn't the Nitric Oxide.

I feel no different on creatine in itself, you just get slightly bigger (or, I've noticed).

Honestly, everybody is different.

You don't need to cycle creatine. Take 5 grams a day forever. really...it's fine.

I usually tell people to take 10g on workout days (or 3/4 days a week) and 5g on non-workout days for 3 months for people wanting to 'put on muscle' as they say. No basis in 'fact' but very little is and people have commented that they have been successful and happy taking it this way.

Back