Dumb co-workers thread

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by VroomyJeeps, Aug 10, 2015.

1. VroomyJeeps

VroomyJeeps Brown Belt

For the past 2 years I've been dealing with the most petty co worker Ive ever had to work with. She will leave me stupid little notes all the time about the pettiest things.

Example: Do not let anyone use our pen to write something down, tell them to go to HR. This was a note she wrote and taped to the lamp in my office. (We have a tin full of pens, if anyone asks me I just let them use it because I'm not petty, on top of that nobody ever asks to use them).

She leaves me other notes like telling me to empty the recycle bin every day (even when theirs 1 or 2 cans in there, LOL)

Today I go over to her office to get a plastic fork for lunch, because I forgot mine. Now to be fair this is probably the 3rd time I've gotten a fork from her office because I've forgot mine at home.

But I must also mention the plastic forks were from my office. One day I came back from vacation and my forks were gone, and I found out she took them over to her office. I used them every day for lunch.

So I forget my fork today I go over and get one from her and she asks me where my fork and says I can buy one at the store (like i dont know that already). I just shrug it off because I know how petty she is.

After work I come back to her office to drop my keys off and she reminds me again that I should bring in a fork. I tell her I didn't remember and it's not really that important, and she tells me i can go buy plastic forks. I tell her it's not really a big deal, she scoffs and tells me "Dont Forget" in a pissy voice as I'm walking out.

Who the hell would make such a big deal about a freaking plastic fork? A 50 something year old nutcase female co-worker, that's who.

I'm pretty sure anyone else would have just said take as many forks as you want and not thought twice about it, but she's incredibly petty so I'm actually not surprised.

And once again, those were forks originally from my office that she took when I went on vacation.

friggin nutcase is testing my nerves

2. fluffball

fluffball Brown Belt

I had a coworker chastise me for calling some black South African kids black. She said they were "African American."

3. TheJackal

TheJackal Blue Belt

Sounds like they were the only forks she'd be getting that year

4. ithinktheymad

ithinktheymad Red Belt

Talk to me when your employees fuck up some basic shit costing you thousands in the process.

5. fluffball

fluffball Brown Belt

I see this happen all the time, in the tens of thousands of dollars. I work in marketing, and the shit you buy is OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive. I worked on an online ad campaign that cost us nearly 2 million dollars, for example.

You'll get a new employee who is supposed to buy 10k brochures and they wind up having a massive typo on the cover or build the mechanical with technical flaws... boom, tens of thousands of dollars right down the drain.

It makes me paranoid as fuck. One simple mistake and...

6. zackryder

zackryder Long Island Iced Z Platinum Member

shouldve smiled & winked b4 u left

also it sounds like ur coworker has some sort of general anxiety disorder or obsessive compulsion (PD)

id say give her the D so she wont bother u anymore

7. COTUR1@43

[email protected] Brown Belt

Sounds like she wants to be your wife.

8. mushishi

mushishi A is a, a is a, should I save her?

My co-workers are fine, which makes me the retarded co-worker...

9. VroomyJeeps

VroomyJeeps Brown Belt

i just shook my head and walked out, ive put up with her retardation for 2 years, im getting to my wits end

10. ithinktheymad

ithinktheymad Red Belt

What a waste.

I've had my fair share of screwups as a grunt but never that expensive. Basically screwed shit up with an important client. Insurance involved. Wasn't even the shit they messed up but the future revenue they eliminated. Bye bye $$$.

11. Mal De Mer

Mal De Mer White Belt

I think it's time to stick all the forks in your body and tell her to be cautious to whom she's talking to. Whisper "don't forget" at the end of the day.

12. neverwas

neverwas bondage belt

is she divorced? if so,buy her some batteries and tell her to have some fun.

13. Winnie The Foo

Winnie The Foo Green Belt

It's funny to talk about. But I seriously think these types of people probably have mental issues. Not an excuse but they should be getting some help.

14. LogicalError

LogicalError Purple Belt

I was thinking more codependent behavior but that often coexist with forms of anxiety or they compound each other. Either way, I'd have to draw the line and let her know that I didn't appreciate her behavior

15. zackryder

zackryder Long Island Iced Z Platinum Member

i see more ocpd

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/obsessive-compulsive-personality-disorder-symptoms/

16. J.M.M

J.M.M Purple Belt

I had a coworker ask a senator (or was running for senator) in front of the entire building "What his opinion on nudging was?" Apparently he had heard it on CNN and actually thought it was a political term of some sort.

17. 5H3RD0G

5H3RD0G Silver Belt

I dislike retarded co workers. :icon_lol: Especially when they are manipulated then become more retarded by other forces.

18. MusclesMarinara

MusclesMarinara Friends with Bigfoot

Shoot, I thought this thread was going to be about actual retarded coworker (You know, the ones the give the mail room or shipping and receiving jobs to). I wonder how the non-retards feel knowing that a retarded person has the same job.

19. SCADA

SCADA Guest

Thousands?

Try $500k

20. Spycho

Spycho Black Belt

I used to be a data centre technician; you wouldn't believe how much morons fuck up basic shit like for instance plugging wrong ports or flipping on power switches, on a daily basis, both at the data centres and customers. If you see the figures...