Dumb co-workers thread

VroomyJeeps

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
For the past 2 years I've been dealing with the most petty co worker Ive ever had to work with. She will leave me stupid little notes all the time about the pettiest things.

Example: Do not let anyone use our pen to write something down, tell them to go to HR. This was a note she wrote and taped to the lamp in my office. (We have a tin full of pens, if anyone asks me I just let them use it because I'm not petty, on top of that nobody ever asks to use them).

She leaves me other notes like telling me to empty the recycle bin every day (even when theirs 1 or 2 cans in there, LOL)

Today I go over to her office to get a plastic fork for lunch, because I forgot mine. Now to be fair this is probably the 3rd time I've gotten a fork from her office because I've forgot mine at home.

But I must also mention the plastic forks were from my office. One day I came back from vacation and my forks were gone, and I found out she took them over to her office. I used them every day for lunch.

So I forget my fork today I go over and get one from her and she asks me where my fork and says I can buy one at the store (like i dont know that already). I just shrug it off because I know how petty she is.

After work I come back to her office to drop my keys off and she reminds me again that I should bring in a fork. I tell her I didn't remember and it's not really that important, and she tells me i can go buy plastic forks. I tell her it's not really a big deal, she scoffs and tells me "Dont Forget" in a pissy voice as I'm walking out.

Who the hell would make such a big deal about a freaking plastic fork? A 50 something year old nutcase female co-worker, that's who.

I'm pretty sure anyone else would have just said take as many forks as you want and not thought twice about it, but she's incredibly petty so I'm actually not surprised.

And once again, those were forks originally from my office that she took when I went on vacation.

friggin nutcase is testing my nerves

I had a coworker chastise me for calling some black South African kids black. She said they were "African American."

Sounds like they were the only forks she'd be getting that year

Talk to me when your employees fuck up some basic shit costing you thousands in the process.

Talk to me when your employees fuck up some basic shit costing you thousands in the process.

I see this happen all the time, in the tens of thousands of dollars. I work in marketing, and the shit you buy is OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive. I worked on an online ad campaign that cost us nearly 2 million dollars, for example.

You'll get a new employee who is supposed to buy 10k brochures and they wind up having a massive typo on the cover or build the mechanical with technical flaws... boom, tens of thousands of dollars right down the drain.

It makes me paranoid as fuck. One simple mistake and...

shouldve smiled & winked b4 u left

also it sounds like ur coworker has some sort of general anxiety disorder or obsessive compulsion (PD)

id say give her the D so she wont bother u anymore

My co-workers are fine, which makes me the retarded co-worker...

i just shook my head and walked out, ive put up with her retardation for 2 years, im getting to my wits end

I see this happen all the time, in the tens of thousands of dollars. I work in marketing, and the shit you buy is OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive. I worked on an online ad campaign that cost us nearly 2 million dollars, for example.

You'll get a new employee who is supposed to buy 10k brochures and they wind up having a massive typo on the cover or build the mechanical with technical flaws... boom, tens of thousands of dollars right down the drain.

It makes me paranoid as fuck. One simple mistake and...

What a waste.

I've had my fair share of screwups as a grunt but never that expensive. Basically screwed shit up with an important client. Insurance involved. Wasn't even the shit they messed up but the future revenue they eliminated. Bye bye $$$.

I think it's time to stick all the forks in your body and tell her to be cautious to whom she's talking to. Whisper "don't forget" at the end of the day.

is she divorced? if so,buy her some batteries and tell her to have some fun.

It's funny to talk about. But I seriously think these types of people probably have mental issues. Not an excuse but they should be getting some help.

shouldve smiled & winked b4 u left

also it sounds like ur coworker has some sort of general anxiety disorder or obsessive compulsion (PD)

id say give her the D so she wont bother u anymore

I was thinking more codependent behavior but that often coexist with forms of anxiety or they compound each other. Either way, I'd have to draw the line and let her know that I didn't appreciate her behavior

I was thinking more codependent behavior but that often coexist with forms of anxiety or they compound each other. Either way, I'd have to draw the line and let her know that I didn't appreciate her behavior

i see more ocpd

Is preoccupied with details, rules, lists, order, organization, or schedules to the extent that the major point of the activity is lost
Shows perfectionism that interferes with task completion (e.g., is unable to complete a project because his or her own overly strict standards are not met)
Is excessively devoted to work and productivity to the exclusion of leisure activities and friendships (not accounted for by obvious economic necessity)
Is overconscientious, scrupulous, and inflexible about matters of morality, ethics, or values (not accounted for by cultural or religious identification)
Is unable to discard worn-out or worthless objects even when they have no sentimental value
Is reluctant to delegate tasks or to work with others unless they submit to exactly his or her way of doing things
Adopts a miserly spending style toward both self and others; money is viewed as something to be hoarded for future catastrophes
Shows significant rigidity and stubbornness

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/obsessive-compulsive-personality-disorder-symptoms/

I had a coworker ask a senator (or was running for senator) in front of the entire building "What his opinion on nudging was?" Apparently he had heard it on CNN and actually thought it was a political term of some sort.

I dislike retarded co workers. :icon_lol: Especially when they are manipulated then become more retarded by other forces.

Shoot, I thought this thread was going to be about actual retarded coworker (You know, the ones the give the mail room or shipping and receiving jobs to). I wonder how the non-retards feel knowing that a retarded person has the same job.

I used to be a data centre technician; you wouldn't believe how much morons fuck up basic shit like for instance plugging wrong ports or flipping on power switches, on a daily basis, both at the data centres and customers. If you see the figures...

Back