DUMB AND DUMBER TO (Wins Weekend with $39 Million; Joe McPherson's Review)

Holy crap am I the only one who cant wait for this sequel? The first was stupid (but funny) as hell, and the 'Dumb and Dumberer' (or whatever it was) was shit (imo)

And hopefully this can help re-jumpstart ole Jim Careys career in the process...

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/jeff-daniels-on-dumb-and-dumber-2-theyve-topped/322012

Jeff Daniels has promised that the Farrelly Brothers have "topped" the original Dumb And Dumber with their script for the forthcoming sequel, which is officially titled Dumb And Dumber To.

Daniels won an Emmy Award on Sunday night (September 22) for his performance as tack-sharp news anchor Will MacAvoy in The Newsroom and shortly after his victory he told reporters backstage including E! Online: "We're going to party 'til dawn and then I'm going to get on a plane and go to Atlanta and start shooting Dumb and Dumber To. The intellectual free-fall from [Will] MacAvoy to Harry Dunn, imagine if you will."

Asked to reveal the best and scariest things about working on the sequel, Daniels replied: "The scariest thing? There are some things that's we're going to do in Dumb and Dumber To that make the toilet scene [in the original] seem lame. Pales in comparison and I can't divulge what, but just that they've topped it."

"The best thing about it? I get to work with a comedic genius," Daniels continued, referring to his co-star Jim Carrey, who plays Lloyd Christmas opposite Daniels' Harry Dunn.

Daniels and Carrey will be joined in Dumb And Dumber To by Kathleen Turner, The Walking Dead actress Laurie Holden and Brady Bluhm, who appeared in the original as Billy in 4C, the blind boy to whom Harry and Lloyd sold their headless bird, Petey. Meanwhile, Empire Of The Sun have been hired to write the music for the eagerly-anticipated sequel, which has been set for release in 2014 to mark the 20th anniversary of the original film.

Directors Peter and Bobby Farrelly have collaborated on the script with Bennet Yellin, who also co-wrote the original, as well as screenwriters Sean Anders and John Morris (We're The Millers) and Mike Cerrone (The Three Stooges. The original Dumb And Dumber came out in 1994 and starred Carrey and Daniels as dimwitted friends on a road trip. A prequel called Dumb And Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd followed in 2003, but it did not feature the original stars or any involvement from the Farrelly Brothers.

I havent been able to laugh at anything Jim Carrey for quite a few years now.

Sadly, this movie sounds like yet another Hollywood money grab. I seriously hope I am wrong, though.

http://www.extratv.com/2013/09/24/pics-jim-carrey-and-jeff-daniels-film-dumb-and-dumber-to-sequel/

dumb-to-615x400.jpg

Carrey looks like a sex criminal. tbh that picture could've come from the set of a Deliverance remake

Just sat here imagining Lloyd raping Harry. Shit could be funny, kinda

The first one is a classic I'm hoping big this one holds up

I'm excited for it. I can't wait to see it.

Little more excited for Anchorman 2

Can't wait!

tumblr_mbrjl9ZDNn1riqizno1_250.gif

Last edited:
If it's the Farrelly's, Jeff and Jim then you have to be. That other thing was just some studio garbage to make money. I'm pretty sure no one that had anything to do with Dumb and Dumber being great was a part of that other crap.

the original is my favorite comedy movie, must have seen it at least 50 times. hopefully the sequel will be worthy of the name unlike dumb and dumberer which was fucking awful lol.

yeah,they are about 18 years too late.they must be hard up for roles and doing it for the money.

Dumb and Dumber is my favorite comedy movie of all time

I just hope this isnt a disaster........

I'm amped for it. Could be a disaster. Could be a return to form. Who knows. But I'm willing to pay cash opening weekend to find out.

Frankly one of the most impressive things about the classic, hilarious original was that Daniels, a largely dramatic actor, was just as funny as Carrey both in the lines written for his character and his delivery. Since Daniels has more momentum than anyone else involved in this right now I'm expecting him to deliver some gold again with this performance.

The first one is one of my favorite movies. There are so many funny parts in it, but idk what to think of a sequel. I'm expecting it to be awful but who knows, it might be great

Back