Duke Roufus: Muay Thai is not worth it.It doesn't take much talent to kick to the leg

I know what you mean here, and those that don't get it likely haven't been in many real life fights, or they would understand that fighting someone who trains often is more preferable than one who does not.

I get that.

I had better kicks than most MMA fighters when I was 7.

They would still kick my as* when I was 7:)

All this obsession about technique is funny to me. Then comes a wild fighter with his own timing, his own style and you don't know what to do.

Fighting guys who train "propper" techniques is easy. Fighting strong hillbillies, with natural fighting abilities, toughness and unpredictability is hard.

this quote, however..

not so much.

joe rogan is no punk, and would do just fine against your average strong hillbilly,

unless you had shared your secret knowledge with them.

It's OK of course, but it's even better with a little crazy with that.

Today's fighters all fight the same. Technically sparring with each other.

I'm training everything, but I do it my way and I don't show other people what I do my way until someone atacks me and I need to fight. So when someone is training MMA and I know it, I know that he is going to have very very sore arms trying to block my punches instead of evading them:)

I hate talking about technique, because I hate to spoil the purety of a fight.

Joe Rogan is not a fighter and he is crazy about techniques. He is a nerd and would get beaten up by our hillbillies and would tell to his buddies that their technique was poor.

Our hillbillies don't care what you train, because they are so damn strong and tough that nothing you learned in MMA schools works on them.

If you are not really athletic and really strong, no technique is going to win you a fight against them.

in general, you are 1 of the more solid posters around here, despite your propensity for avs that feature you topless.

I'm training everything, but I do it my way and I don't show other people what I do my way until someone atacks me and I need to fight. So when someone is training MMA and I know it, I know that he is going to have very very sore arms trying to block my punches instead of evading them:)

Joe Rogan is not a fighter and he is crazy about techniques. He is a nerd and would get beaten up by our hillbillies and would tell to his buddies that their technique was poor.

Our hillbillies don't care what you train, because they are so damn strong and tough that nothing you learned in MMA schools works on them.

If you are not really athletic and really strong, no technique is going to win you a fight against them.

Did you miss UFC 1 and 2?

This whole post is retarded.

Man, you never cease to surprise me with your posts. Keep them coming. :icon_lol:

Wtf did I just read. Looooool.

I had better kicks than most MMA fighters when I was 7.

They would still kick my as* when I was 7:)

All this obsession about technique is funny to me. Then comes a wild fighter with his own timing, his own style and you don't know what to do.

Fighting guys who train "propper" techniques is easy. Fighting strong hillbillies, with natural fighting abilities, toughness and unpredictability is hard.
This is some grade A BS right here.

Also LOL at thinking you and your buddies can beat Joe Rogan, national HW TKD champ and legit black belt. He would son you.

Not only are you ignorant, you are also delusional :D

giorgio petrosyan is the greatest striker on this planet. no thai kick boxer, boxer, muay thai, tkd or whatever comes close

MMA yes. Self defense? hardly. While it is certainly applicable for self defense and I'm not knocking it, it is certainly not needed. Western boxing and Judo have served me just fine.

They worked damn well for Batman by themselves for quite some time.

He was getting worked in his last fight before the eye poke. While the guy he fought may have a ton of fights, he has never fought, much less beat, anyone that would even sniff top 10 UFC welterweights.

Well the other guy wasn't pacing himself and ended up gassing himself.

Huh. That is really bad for someone who is supposed to be one of the best in the world.

Best in the world at ONE THING, and I'm sorry, but his feeble groping takedowns would be stuffed by the 170 lb beasts in the UFC's top 10. Askren is only concerned elite by hipster MMA fans who merely want to find reasons to speak down upon the UFC.

I've thought Muay Thai was overrated for a while. They literally have no defense, it's basically just you hit me and I'll hit you as hard as I can. You can see it when they hit pads, they throw so stiff/slow/hard.

I think Conor's style is perfect for MMA striking.

I've thought Muay Thai was overrated for a while. They literally have no defense, it's basically just you hit me and I'll hit you as hard as I can. You can see it when they hit pads, they throw so stiff/slow/hard.

So stiff and slow.

->criticizes MT for being defensively deficient

-> Call's mcgregor's style perfect

Conor fans need to stop just repeating what Conor says. Its embarrassing.

Conor is a great striker, but he is FAR from perfect

Not sure how you or your hillbilly friends escaped the eye of the UFC but there's millions waiting to fill your pockets by getting in there and showing them how it's done.

I value my brain and health too much for MMA career.

While hillbillies don't know about it nor do they care:)

I know what you mean here, and those that don't get it likely haven't been in many real life fights, or they would understand that fighting someone who trains often is more preferable than one who does not.

I get that.

this quote, however..

not so much.

joe rogan is no punk, and would do just fine against your average strong hillbilly,

unless you had shared your secret knowledge with them.

in general, you are 1 of the more solid posters around here, despite your propensity for avs that feature you topless.

Thank you for understanding what I'm talking about:)

I know our hillbillies and I know that Joe Rogan wouldn't even move them:)

My photos are for my haters (to piss them off:)) and for those 3 girls on Sherdog.... LOL:)

Back