1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

dude keeps grabbing my fingers

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by TheKindSativah**, Sep 7, 2010.

1. TheKindSativah** Banned Banned

like grabbing 1 or 2 of my fingers and bending them when im going for a rnc or when hes breaking my grips. should i talk to him directly, tell my instructor, or just attack him next time were rolling:icon_twis

im not sure if he does it with other people but its happened 3 times with me.

2. TalkShowOnMute dancingonthecorpsesashes

Curl your fingers under when you do the RNC. Like a bear paw, and then squeeze until his head pops...he will have no fingers to grab.

3. TheKindSativah** Banned Banned

ill keep that in mind. I thought that bending fingers wasnt really a cool thing to do

4. SpunK238 Orange Belt

Just tell him straight up you're not allowed to grab fingers. Do it right when it happens, I've done it plenty of times. It's small joint manipulation, tell them they'd be disqualified if they do that in a tourney. If they start in about that "training for the street" shit, tell them they won't have anybody to train with if they keep grabbing people's fingers. We all (for the most part) have to work the next day, don't put up with that crap.

EDIT: Also enjoy the bear-paw, make sure to grind your thumb knuckle along their entire chin-line ;)

However I've had this happen on more occasions than just going for RNC's. Some people will grab on to anything to survive and wrenching fingers about isn't cool in my books.

5. Respeezy Purple Belt

what do you mean by " just attack him next time" ?

6. Velvet Glove Bert's account

If he says he is "training for the street" then grab his fucking nutsack, and poke him in the eyes.

7. lechien Gold Belt

this.

I do a closed fist and shove it at the back of his head and grind the knuckles on his scalp.

8. Mat Nemesis** Green Belt

seriously, tell him that is not allowed as that can really f you up. I did that one of my first classes and the other dude was pissed-- like thought it might be a fight type pissed.

9. MMA RLZ Banned Banned

Ouch.

10. TheKindSativah** Banned Banned

lol wasnt being serious but we used that terminology on my old wrestling team for doing everything you can to inflict pain within the rules

grinding chin into back extremely hard cross faces ect.

ill remember to keep my fingers curled (thnx) and tell him straight up before we roll next time. if it happens again ill talk the instructor

11. Bas says kick him in the groin.

12. esl21 Orange Belt

I always used to like the old driving your elbow points into the base of his skull in order to break him down for half nelson or something.

Awful, awful people.

13. TheKindSativah** Banned Banned

hah wrestlers can be pretty mean

14. curb1850 Green Belt

Yeah this is the best answer. Just bear paw and squeeeeeeeeeeze.

15. chunglii No Me Duele

Tell him to stop that stuff, and if he continues or gives you crap about "training for the streets" bear paw your hands like other said. If he continues to try to grab your fingers try to choke him as hard as you can (rough lapel chokes work good for putting cocky assholes away).

If he continues, tell your instructor

16. Kyuktooki Blue Belt

Just to clarify, I thought that it was okay to break someone's grip by grabbing their fingers provided you were not bending them backwards as a submission. Also, the key word is fingers plural not just one finger.

17. Ergo Orange Belt

The rule in my gym is 3 fingers, always 3 or more fingers and you're good.

18. KarateIsBest** White Belt

if he does that again, forget the RNC under the neck ....crank the choke over his nose 100%

19. An end for Purple Belt

"Under the forehead, it's all neck"

20. dazed863 Blue Belt

haha yeah the chin one still gets me... i've gotta catch myself from time to time... most of the time now i only resort to the shoulder of justice but i think that's pretty tame.

but anyway to the OP just tell him don't go tattle to the instructor that's pretty lame. if it was me and he kept doing it i would start working my wrist locks....