Dubois-Joyce talks are underway

I favor Joyce in a grinding affair, as he’s the more proven guy and I don’t see Dubois holding on inside forever.

It’s hard to be confident considering Dubois’s tools, though.

Looks like Joyce & Dubois are slotting in an opponent before their possible meeting scheduled for October 24.

Joe Joyce is to fight Michael Wallisch on July 25.

Daniel Dubois is to fight Erik Pfeifer on August 29.

https://www.boxingscene.com/daniel-dubois-joe-joyce-set-interim-bouts-ahead-october-fight--150066

Both Joyce & Dubois are going to take tune-up bouts ahead of their October 24 clash it was announced today. Joyce will be fighting Germany's Michael Wallisch on July 25 while Dubois will meet Eric Pfeifer, also of Germany, sometime in August.
Both contests will be held behind-closed-doors without fans in attendance.

As a Joyce fan, I'm glad to see this development as he hasn't fought since beating Bryant Jennings last July. So, even though he'll likely get Willisch out of there in a couple of rounds it'll still shake off any rust he may have built up over the course of the past year.

https://www.boxingscene.com/daniel-dubois-joe-joyce-set-interim-bouts-ahead-october-fight--150066

Both Joyce & Dubois are going to take tune-up bouts ahead of their October 24 clash it was announced today. Joyce will be fighting Germany's Michael Wallisch on July 25 while Dubois will meet Eric Pfeifer, also of Germany, sometime in August.
Both contests will be held behind-closed-doors without fans in attendance.

As a Joyce fan, I'm glad to see this development as he hasn't fought since beating Bryant Jennings last July. So, even though he'll likely get Willisch out of there in a couple of rounds it'll still shake off any rust he may have built up over the course of the past year.
Joyce would have lost heading into a DDD fight cold out of action to long without a tune up . Now it’s back to a true pickem for me, I rate DDD a lot higher with his explosive abilities to hurt guys in spots . I had Joyce winning with his last training camp until it was cancelled . It’s rolling the dice having both guys fight and I’m not sure I put DDD in with anyone undefeated who’s a former Olympian with a big fight on the line , upsets , cuts , injuries in training happen another delay will really hurt this fight .

Joyce would have lost heading into a DDD fight cold out of action to long without a tune up . Now it’s back to a true pickem for me, I rate DDD a lot higher with his explosive abilities to hurt guys in spots . I had Joyce winning with his last training camp until it was cancelled . It’s rolling the dice having both guys fight and I’m not sure I put DDD in with anyone undefeated who’s a former Olympian with a big fight on the line , upsets , cuts , injuries in training happen another delay will really hurt this fight .

Well, I'm not going to say that he's have lost but I feel a whole lot better now that he's taking a tune-up.

As for DDD's opponent, yeah, I was surprised that they chose an unbeaten former Olympian as well, even if Pfeifer is only 7-0. I don't know if the German has looked like shit in some of his fights or what but he's only 33 & he had a very extensive & impressive amateur career. Something that DDD didn't really have. So, he could be in for a tough night. Probably not but you never know.

I favor Joyce in a grinding affair, as he’s the more proven guy and I don’t see Dubois holding on inside forever.

It’s hard to be confident considering Dubois’s tools, though.
No fan of Joyce's style but he's a awkward athletic guy. I think Dubois wins but the longer the fight goes, the more chance for Joyce imo.

Not keen on these interim fights.

Be interested to see what would happen if Joyce can get Dubois past the half way point when they do fight and push the pace. It's the sort of fight that will probably tell us a lot about Dubois.

This is the kind of decent domestic match up we needed to get some public interest and momentum for the return of boxing - shame it has to wait until October, but it makes sense for both guys to have a tune up, I guess.

Back