Dubois-Joyce talks are underway

I haven't seen enough from either to give a prediction but I like this fight. Neither have too many fights but are clearly both good and this should prop up the winner into a good position.

Fair play to Warren. He gets a lot of shit (most of the time deserved) but he's now put on Dubois v Gorman and Dubois v Joyce. He could have easily protected and given all three of them cans to build up, but he's done a good job here.

Good fight, I will have to watch some tape from both fighters if this gets made.

Fair play to Warren. He gets a lot of shit (most of the time deserved) but he's now put on Dubois v Gorman and Dubois v Joyce. He could have easily protected and given all three of them cans to build up, but he's done a good job here.
I think all 3 are still in the picture no matter what....Gorman can still be a solid hw at the world level imo. Joyce has an extensive amateur background and has legit experience, everybody is starting to notice Dubois.

Frank's gonna make some money right there

I haven’t seen enough to make an analysis other than Joyce every time I see him is like he gets slower. I think Joyce is a little more entertaining I’d probably route for him he’s just “interesting”

I haven’t seen enough to make an analysis other than Joyce every time I see him is like he gets slower. I think Joyce is a little more entertaining I’d probably route for him he’s just “interesting”
He's technically very sound though and he can punch with either hand.

Honestly as far as just pure boxing technique he's probably top 3 or 4 hws

I like it. I'm tired and originally read "dubois/price" somehow and was not liking it. Happy to see the OP. lol

Dubois is 12 years younger so I'll probably cheer for him just for that, unless he's a huge asshole or something lol.

He's technically very sound though and he can punch with either hand.

Honestly as far as just pure boxing technique he's probably top 3 or 4 hws

Really? Lol ama go back and watch.

I’ve never paid attention to it like im not lying I just look at his punches shocked waiting for them to land lmao. Sometimes is like he’s bullying guys on the ropes cause it looks like he’s pushing there face in instead of punching it “yeah you like that you little fucker” <Lmaoo> And the dudes see the punch coming from a mile away like “noooo nooooooo” and it still lands hahaha.

Really? Lol ama go back and watch.

I’ve never paid attention to it like im not lying I just look at his punches shocked waiting for them to land lmao. Sometimes is like he’s bullying guys on the ropes cause it looks like he’s pushing there face in instead of punching it “yeah you like that you little fucker” <Lmaoo> And the dudes see the punch coming from a mile away like “noooo nooooooo” and it still lands hahaha.
I definitely know what you mean haha, it looks sooo fucking slow but he actually does a lot of damage when he lands.

From what i can tell so far his power is probably in the Chisora ballpark, just a hard thumping shot that digs deep. Those type of guys can wear down people in a hurry.

I just question what will happen when he faces a more agile, defensive boxer with a quick jab or something along those lines....that prototype could cause a problem. Fwiw he boxed Usyk in wsob and iirc he actually did ok

Fwiw he boxed Usyk in wsob and iirc he actually did ok

Good remembering (but Joyce lost every round 50-45 x3). Don't you think that Joyce from 6 years ago was MUCH quicker than the current version?

Dubois vs Joyce is Joshua vs Whyte.
That was Joshuas 15th fight and Dubois has had 14 fights.

If the fight is made it's for Dubois to win and not Joyce (much the same as the Dubois vs Gorman fight).

Joyce is so slow and so hittable now, I think Dubois knocks him out.

I definitely know what you mean haha, it looks sooo fucking slow but he actually does a lot of damage when he lands.

From what i can tell so far his power is probably in the Chisora ballpark, just a hard thumping shot that digs deep. Those type of guys can wear down people in a hurry.

I just question what will happen when he faces a more agile, defensive boxer with a quick jab or something along those lines....that prototype could cause a problem. Fwiw he boxed Usyk in wsob and iirc he actually did ok

I figured with the time between his punches he’d get tag by a good counter puncher quite easily, he dose have good power and always attacks the body. Reminds me of Foreman as he sweeps the hooks from his hips like George used to.

Just saw his Wsb fight with Hrgovic he was eating everything like shortbread cookies and would have probably got Hrgovic out of there had it been a 10 rounder, Hrgovic was done!

Has anyone read the article here? Lol

That deal appears to be far from done.

dubois smokes joyce in 4 rounds and loses to arreola in his next fight

really wish we had the fringe contenders and grizzled vets of the 90’s and early 00’s. its all lanky europeans with good jabs now. i miss the hard-nosed bombers like brewster, tua, cooper, witherspoon, williams, etc.

joyce and dubois both coast their way to a title shot because they outjab these bums and make them curl up in a corner. good luck doing that to david tua.

Joyce is quite hittable and Dubois has big power and solid fundamentals to go with it, I'd favour Dubois

really wish we had the fringe contenders and grizzled vets of the 90’s and early 00’s. its all lanky europeans with good jabs now. i miss the hard-nosed bombers like brewster, tua, cooper, witherspoon, williams, etc.

joyce and dubois both coast their way to a title shot because they outjab these bums and make them curl up in a corner. good luck doing that to david tua.
Oh my god please.....David Tua never won a meaningful fight in his life. Best win was fucking John Ruiz....

Mark Hunts losing mma record is literally more impressive than Tuas resume

Oh my god please.....David Tua never won a meaningful fight in his life. Best win was fucking John Ruiz....
fine. replace him with ruddock, bonecrusher, brock, sanders, etc. doesn’t really matter

Back