Duane Ludwig has the best cardio in MMA according to a recent study

How is Garcia not up there? They didn't say anything about landing the strikes.

My second thought. Dude just throws for the fences and doesn't even stop to aim, surely that means he has awesome cardio :rolleyes:

This is what happens when you comb through data without actually, like, knowing what you're talking about.

It sounds like they had a team who was used to working with boxing statistics and let them loose on MMA stats.

"What are all these, takedowns, sub attempt thingies?"

"Fuck if I know Bill, let's work with this significant strikes stat and screw the rest."

"Cool."

yeah man, you better train at altitude if you're going to fight in denver, weird how a thing like that goes by completly unnoticed by UFC officals and media.

Yes every undercard fighter can afford to move his whole camp to altitude for 6 weeks to acclimate.

I like how people are taking into acount everything else to see who has good cardio and saying that looking at significant strikes only is ridiculous, but they still base who won a fight on who landed more significant strikes.

Bisping should be #1. Guy has one of the lowest standing heart rates in professional fighting. It is comparable to cyclists who are capable of riding bikes for a hundred miles a day.

This study has absolutely zero to do with cardio. It shows which fighters punch the most in fights.

Really silly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back