1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Drysdale Talks about Roger Gracie

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by qiksilverman, May 18, 2008.

1. IronCage** Banned Banned

I actually rolled with Drysdale and when I first laid a hand on him it feld that he was pretty SOLID and strong. For Drysdale to call someone freakishly strong it means that person IS freakishly strong.

2. Spoonman7 Red Belt

that is amazing that he ripped his gi like that. Unbeleiveable.

3. sunnycoastbjj Yellow Belt

Cool stories thanks for sharing them, do the gracie clan come visit you guys often?

4. jjmuaythaiguy Brown Belt

I was on vacation in London and met sherdogger mods Mirada and Superbeast at Roger Gracie's school. We had a blast. Rolled with Mirada and I think he took it easy on me, plus I am a big guy who loves the guard. Actually met another sherdogger (Kimurense) in London and was supposed to train at his school but got lost on the trains but we met and had a drink and some fun time. Rolled with another sherdogger in the Paris leg and was 2 wins / 2 losses. I was supposed to roll in Italy but my tour was all over the place and the cell phone service of the person in Italy was really bad. We met and exchanged gifts though and it was cool to meet grapplers from around the world.

Royler's black belt moved to Hawaii and just stopped in the Relson Gracie Main Academy out of the blue. There were other black belts, brown belts and purples in the academy at the time but he chose me first. My classmate and fellow sherdogger Ghost Dog rolled with him later and caught him with some type of choke, you got to ask him. He was going easy on us I'm sure and rolling down to our level but he is as tall or taller than Roger thats for sure and the only reason I brought him up.

Its funny you ask but it seems that everyone but Rickson and Robin has stopped by the academy. I have only been a student since 2004 but in that short time, Royler trained at our school when he fought on the Rumble on the Rock card "Return of the Gracies". Royce had a fighter fighting and was here. Renzo came by and trained for his fight with BJ Penn. Even Rorion and son Renner stopped by at least one day when they taught the Army combatives at Schofield Barracks, with Renner tooling all the blues and white belts with ease. I was not there or he probably foot lock me too. Rickson and Kron went to the North Shore in Hawaii but never stopped by. I was really looking forward to meeting them at least if not rolling with them. I really want to meet Rickson and roll with Kron.