Drug Test Aside...

phd

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Why didn't Wand apply for a license? This is the relevant question, since it's the reason he lost the fight.

It's easy to figure out why a guy would avoid a drug test. What isn't easy to figure out is his lack of application. He lives in Vegas. Fighting is his job. He's a vet...he has to know better.

He knew he would get tested as soon as he applied and he hadn't finished his cycle yet.

He lost the fight? I guess you mean "lost the opportunity to fight"?

Yeah are the Diaz bros. managing Wand or what? This was on Wands plate for many months and in his backyard. Need to hear Wands side and not just Sonnen and DFW.

Maybe he was on something at the time? Although that begs the question on why he'd be at LA in the first place.

Who cares. He's gonna fade into obscurity. Nobody wants to see his face in a UFC poster.

People speculate a lot, as do I, about him being on a PED cycle (regarding running from the test), but if he neglected licensure altogether I think he deliberately wasn't going to apply for this fight, and is hoping to fight someone lower on the totem pole. This could be a UFC maneuver or it could be his call. I'm sure the matchup of post-TRT fighters in Chael and Vitor is a very good (or better) draw in the previous fight's stead. I for one like this one better.

Vitor applied for his license just last week.
So this isn't necessarily something that Wand hasn't done for 3 months or whatever. We could literally be talking about just a couple days here, keep that in mind. That's well within the range of normal mix ups or whatever.

Avoiding that test though is an entirely different conversation....

Back