Drug Induced Revelations part 2

As some of you may know, I am a big proponent of psychedelics for self betterment. After struggling with suicidal thoguhts and depression for most of my life since my teenage years, and after years of therapy that went nowhere, taking mushrooms in my 30s was what finally enabled me to shake off this weight. It is undoubtedly the most powerful psychiatric tool our species has at our disposal.

I am surprised at how much better I have become, and this makes me wonder how much more I could learn through these medicines.

This would be the perfect time to stay home and bask in self-reflection aided by these tools.

The growing body of research on psychedelics is very promising, and gives me new insight on how I could use it to better myself, since psychedelic therapy is impossible to access where I live.

I just got done listening Sam Harris talk about his trip in usual prose.

I've only taken psilocybin (mostly through shroom shakes in SEA), but I am immensely curious about others.

I may be able to try mescaline and dmt in the near future while in quarantine, but with no guide or trip sitter, I am completely on my own. I would greatly appreciate some tips or advice when taking these compounds for the first time.
done San pedro a few times, peyote in a real ceremony with natives

Mescaline is probably one of the easiest / most gentle psychedelics you can take

if you've done mushrooms or acid, you'll be fine.

with mushrooms or acid you can have a tendency to get caught in a mental chaos of sorts, negative thought loops which can consume you.

Mescaline is Nothing like that. The spirit of the plant doesn't seem to like to fuck with you the way other psychedelics do. It's very much in the body / spirit

in lower doses it's kind of like a grounded, earthy, longer lasting version of mdma.

Id recommend doing it in nature. Definitely bring some incense with you, Palo Santo, sage, whatever.

raw cacao / chocolate goes beautifully with it, particularly if you can acquire ceremonial grade.

Traditional music played during San pedro or peyote ceremonies can help guide the experience in the right direction

overall, id say you have nothing to worry about. It's probably the most forgiving psychedelic of all, imo one of the most healing

Last edited:
I've never done a full brew aya experience either - similar to you, I think I would like to wait and do it with an experienced guide. I've had a caapi brew + freebase, plus loads of changa.

I feel like freebase is essentially a transport to some other higher plane of reality, but with little control over where in that plane you end up. It usually exposes me to this purely mathematical thing, almost like the behind the scenes control room of all existence. It's absolutely sacred, but far more alien, robotic, and mathematical in nature than I typically think of when I think of spiritual entities.

With changa, as you mentioned the onset and come down are far more gradual, but more than that I feel that there is a spiritual personality that is present, that isn't present with pure dmt.

This exactly. Freebase is much more alien, changa more heavenly. In many of my outings I've felt like freebase takes you into their dimension but with changa it's like their realm has spilled into my domain and there is that feeling of an all powerful presence with me.

done San pedro a few times, peyote in a real ceremony with natives

Mescaline is probably one of the easiest / most gentle psychedelics you can take

if you've done mushrooms or acid, you'll be fine.

with mushrooms or acid you can have a tendency to get caught in a mental chaos of sorts, negative thought loops which can consume you.

Mescaline is Nothing like that. The spirit of the plant doesn't seem to like to fuck with you the way other psychedelics do. It's very much in the body / spirit

in lower doses it's kind of like a grounded, earthy, longer lasting version of mdma.

Id recommend doing it in nature. Definitely bring some incense with you, Palo Santo, sage, whatever.

raw cacao / chocolate goes beautifully with it, particularly if you can acquire ceremonial grade.

Traditional music played during San pedro or peyote ceremonies can help guide the experience in the right direction

overall, id say you have nothing to worry about. It's probably the most forgiving psychedelic of all, imo one of the most healing

Been longing to try mescaline for a very long time. Was planning a trip to Mexico and maybe down to Costa Rica and Peru but not sure when that's gonna be feasible now.

That's the problem right? I remember the first time I did dmt and the things you see are so incredible and are in super hi def but when you come back you're like fucked if I can remember. That's another reason I prefer changa as it slows the experience down and I find it better for recall and integrating what I've learned into my everyday life.
I used to mess around with pyschaleics till I tried Salvia ...... after that other than shrooms on occasion I stay away from em. That trip was a nightmare if you never did salvia dont.

Last edited:
I used to mess around with pyschaleics till I tried Sativa ...... after that other than shrooms on occasion I stay away from em. That trip was a nightmare if you never did sativa dont.

You mean Salvia right? If so I've never done it and after reading up on some trip reports I never want to. The description of being dmts evil cousin says enough for me <Eek2.0>

grappling helped me the most with suicidal thoughts/depression... i think exercise is the key to relieving stress... and there's something about being submitted and knowing you would have died that puts things in better perspective regarding life and what you value...the mind and body are one

Extreme physical exertions are second to none when it comes to sudden remarkable insights and uplifting thoughts.

Been longing to try mescaline for a very long time. Was planning a trip to Mexico and maybe down to Costa Rica and Peru but not sure when that's gonna be feasible now.
A bunch of natives high as FUCK banging drums and singing traditional peyote songs beside a bonfire is an experience for sure, I remember I kept breaking out laughing. Lmao

But I don't think it's necessary. There's a place that sells San pedro cuttings alwo1988 or something online for good prices

I think you'd be fine doing it solo or with some friends

There's definitely elements of the ritual that seem to be important in guiding the experience along a particular path but they're easy enough to follow

You mean Salvia right? If so I've never done it and after reading up on some trip reports I never want to. The description of being dmts evil cousin says enough for me <Eek2.0>
someone Tried to get me to do 30x salvia once

Thankfully I'd went through all the erowid reviews and bad salvia trip videos so I knew better lol

A bunch of natives high as FUCK banging drums and singing traditional peyote songs beside a bonfire is an experience for sure, I remember I kept breaking out laughing. Lmao

But I don't think it's necessary. There's a place that sells San pedro cuttings alwo1988 or something online for good prices

I think you'd be fine doing it solo or with some friends

There's definitely elements of the ritual that seem to be important in guiding the experience along a particular path but they're easy enough to follow

Well I'm in need of a holiday anyway so may as well make it a psychedelic one. Shrooms and peyote in Mexico then down south for some aya sounds good to me.

I’ve done every drug there is to do except for steroids and meth. As strange as this may sound, I’ve had my best revelations from weed. I’m an introvert, so when I smoke I like to do it alone and just think about shit. It’s also really easy to be content with life after you smoke a little weed.
the guy in your AV should've stuck to weed, gateway drug confirmed.

MDMA and Coke are best for internal reflection IMO. You give a group of friends some blow late night after drinking and ya'll gonna know each other a lot better by the morning. You'll be sitting there telling relative strangers all about your childhood and shit. Things you would usually never tell people. You do some coke and drink alone at night and you might realize a few things about yourself, things you might not like. Rolling is something you should only do with friends or GF's IMO. Its almost too strong and can lead to bad vibes etc...trying to reflect while on shrooms is stupid and can lead to bad trips. I use drinking as a way to make myself realize what im not doing in life as well. Im very hard on myself and find it helps me to realize when Im making excuses etc...I actually just came to a dope life realization the other day while rolling with my GF. It was amazing. Put life back in perspective.

Last edited:
Well I'm in need of a holiday anyway so may as well make it a psychedelic one. Shrooms and peyote in Mexico then down south for some aya sounds good to me.
there's shamans in Mexico who lead ceremonies for both

I met a relatively normal party chick down there who ended up doing them.

Think it was in Cancun

don't recall how traditional they were tho

someone Tried to get me to do 30x salvia once

Thankfully I'd went through all the erowid reviews and bad salvia trip videos so I knew better lol

Did you watch Hamilton Morris's episode where he does salvia in Mexico with a guide? He ate a bunch of the leaves and it looked like he had a great time with it as opposed to smoking it. Here it is...

I’ve done every drug there is to do except for steroids and meth. As strange as this may sound, I’ve had my best revelations from weed. I’m an introvert, so when I smoke I like to do it alone and just think about shit. It’s also really easy to be content with life after you smoke a little weed.

i totally agree. with weed i am really able to look at my life, and where i need to improve upon. it can be scary, though. if you are not ready to tackle the issues in your life and you get high, you are going to have a, "bad trip" as they say or whatever. i too generally smoke on my own. on occasion with others, but solo is the best way to get the most out of the high.

MDMA and Coke are best for internal reflection IMO. You give a group of friends some blow late night after drinking and ya'll gonna know each other a lot better by the morning. You'll be sitting there telling relative strangers all about your childhood and shit. Things you would usually never tell people. You do some coke and drink alone at night and you might realize a few things about yourself, things you might not like. Rolling is something you should only do with friends or GF's IMO. Its almost too strong and can lead to bad vibes etc...trying to reflect while on shrooms is stupid and can lead to bad trips. I use drinking as a way to make myself realize what im not doing in life as well. Im very hard on myself and find it helps me to realize when Im making excuses etc...I actually just came to a dope life realization the other day while rolling. It was amazing. Put life back in perspective.

Coke?

giphy-67.gif

As some of you may know, I am a big proponent of psychedelics for self betterment. After struggling with suicidal thoguhts and depression for most of my life since my teenage years, and after years of therapy that went nowhere, taking mushrooms in my 30s was what finally enabled me to shake off this weight. It is undoubtedly the most powerful psychiatric tool our species has at our disposal.

I am surprised at how much better I have become, and this makes me wonder how much more I could learn through these medicines.

This would be the perfect time to stay home and bask in self-reflection aided by these tools.

The growing body of research on psychedelics is very promising, and gives me new insight on how I could use it to better myself, since psychedelic therapy is impossible to access where I live.

I just got done listening Sam Harris talk about his trip in usual prose.

I've only taken psilocybin (mostly through shroom shakes in SEA), but I am immensely curious about others.

I may be able to try mescaline and dmt in the near future while in quarantine, but with no guide or trip sitter, I am completely on my own. I would greatly appreciate some tips or advice when taking these compounds for the first time.

next time you shroom listen to this. It melted my face off just about. You might not like it until the shrooms kick in. I just found some dude that had some after 8+ years of never finding any. Its been a fun few trips and not like I remember them. Its actually more of a body/head high than anything super visual. At least in my experience. People tend to think its like acid (which ive never done) and get disappointed in the visual aspect of it.

Coke, amphetamines, opiates, alcohol, benzos etc may be fun at the time but ultimately there's a good chance they will turn your life to shit and unlike the entheogens are most definitely not conducive to a spiritual existence.
Ok Hippy. J/K. We were talking about drug induced revelations, which coke will lead to if you've ever been in a room with people on it. No one was talking about meth or opiates, both of which ive never done. If you dont think Alcohol leads to revelations, Id say your quite off base there. Ive had some of my greatest revelations while drinking for sure. I usually write them down so I dont forget them.

A lot of people are afraid to self reflect cause they dont want to know whats really going on inside their heads...I

Last edited:
Ok Hippy. J/K. We were talking about drug induced revelations, which coke will lead to if you've ever been in a room with people on it. No one was talking about meth or opiates. If you dont think Alcohol leads to revelations, Id say your quite off base there. Ive had some of my greatest revelations while drinking for sure. I usually write them down so I dont forget them.

Don't want to preach my man. Just my opinion and talking from my own personal experiences with all the drugs I partook of in my younger days. The only revelation I got from coke after sitting in a room full of others coked out our heads all night was that we were a bunch of delusional twats, not the fucking Kings of the world we had believed ourselves to be after all. :rolleyes:

Most drugs are fine if they are used in moderation and don't impact negatively on one's life but from my own experience and what I've seen of countless others that is rarely the case. If you can afford them and you can handle them by all means go for it.

Back