Dropping 23lbs in 2 weeks

Brent Schermerhorn

Green Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Just thought id maybe take some of you that are bored and want to read this on my ride. I'll post here probably everyday....maybe some workout stuff, diet (lack of)...im going from 190 to 167 by the Sunday 23rd of March...

Good Luck!

Yes well not really luck but thank you, more like putting in WORK...and um doing it hungry. My goal is to lose about 10-15 and then lose the last 5-10 in water the night before the fight. The MAIN problem is that weigh ins are the day of the fight so that sux...means i might be a LITTLE dry :p

15 Pounds in two weeks?

15 pounds * 3500 cals/pound = 52,500 cals

52,500/14 = 3,750 calories per day

If your body ****bolizes 2,000 calories per day and you eat 1200 calories [so your body doesn't go into starvation mode].

2000-cals - 1200 cals = 800 cals [****bolized weight loss]

3,750 cals - 800 cals ~ 3000-cals

If you only take in 1200 calories and aerobically burn 3000 calories a day for the next two weeks you will lose 15-lbs.

Obviously I am making a LOT of assumption about you, but see the list:

http://www.nutristrategy.com/activitylist3.htm

Your basically going to be doing aerobics all day long which will result in injury... I think your only hope is to lose as much fat as possible and cut water [the day of] This will probably leave you weak and your performance will be sub-par.

You should have started dieting 2-3 months ago.

15 Pounds in two weeks?

15 pounds * 3500 cals/pound = 52,500 cals

52,500/14 = 3,750 calories per day

If your body ****bolizes 2,000 calories per day and you eat 1200 calories [so your body doesn't go into starvation mode].

2000-cals - 1200 cals = 800 cals [****bolized weight loss]

3,750 cals - 800 cals ~ 3000-cals

If you only take in 1200 calories and aerobically burn 3000 calories a day for the next two weeks you will lose 15-lbs.

Obviously I am making a LOT of assumption about you, but see the list:

http://www.nutristrategy.com/activitylist3.htm

Your basically going to be doing aerobics all day long which will result in injury... I think your only hope is to lose as much fat as possible and cut water [the day of] This will probably leave you weak and your performance will be sub-par.

You should have started dieting 2-3 months ago.

Good info you do/did your homework!! Thank you i'll take all tips! Basically im off from work for two weeks and have nothing but time to train...so yeah i'll be doing a LOT of cardio.

The number maybe about 5lbs or so inflated from being water logged so i'll go out on a limb here and say that the first 10 will come relatively easy.
It wont be all fat...i might not even have 15lbs of fat truthfully...my muscles will deflate a little and get flat too...it's ok though i'm expecting that will have some weight loss there too.

You ARE VERY correct about starting to diet earlier maybe only a month though not 2 or 3. I've made this cut before and can do it pretty easily in about 2months time. Actually in the last year i've made this same cut twice so im actually getting pretty good at it. Buuut i think i;ve put it off a little LONG this time so it's going to be a little tougher.

I've been working out twice a day for the last couple of weeks just my diet has SUCKED..so i'll knock out all the carbs (already did) start taking my greesn which will cleam me out all together and make me feel good again :icon_chee I'm not new to workout just i let myself slip a little more than normal on the diet thing. I sweat really easily (like a pig actually) so dropping weight isn't as hard for me as it is for some people.

Have any more tips?!

Ill probably cut down my calories to less than 1200 that and actually go on a protein shake diet for first few days and see where im at come about Wednesday (im in Japan)...until then cardio, cardio, cardio :icon_cry2

Hey man I wish you the best of luck, maybe you need to start cutting off the water supply and dont eat too much neither, they always recommend 6 small meals but in your case I think it will make you gain weight so just do h.i.i.t all day and burpees you should be fine. I pray you win.

Hey man I wish you the best of luck, maybe you need to start cutting off the water supply and dont eat too much neither, they always recommend 6 small meals but in your case I think it will make you gain weight so just do h.i.i.t all day and burpees you should be fine. I pray you win.

LOL damn you guys make it sound impossible?! LOL

You can do it dude be careful though cutting that much can be unhelathy if not done right. Im already assuming you have a workout/diet plan mapped out. Always stay hydrated, make sure it all comes off naturally stay away for the sauna unless it's a last minute thing. This is just some of my idea's you don't have to take them to heart.

My advice is lots and lots and lots of HIIT and LSD cardio, and nothin' but meat and veggies to eat... Drink lots of water... Start takin' fiber... And read the Weight Cuttin' thread in D&S...

OK end thread....ive decided to pass up the fight. Weight can be done but im military and just got back from deployment and dont feel "ready" so im going to hold off and prepare and take next fight that comes along....
Thanx for the advice guys....and yeah it can be done and i know it but im actually taking smart way this time (holy shit) and going to hold off and work on my game. Its just amateur fight so not end of world and i can use some time to get my timing/grappling back and get ready for next fight.
BTW....this is pretty much what would have happened...today 3 hour cardio session followed with a greens drink/proteing drink after. Rest....a hour long run with 2-3 minute sprints mixed in and about 45mins of ellipticall following...another proteing drink.
Nap, oatmeal/protein bar and off to fight gym for wrestling/sparring practice (about 4 hour workout)...then protein drink...home for some sleep...
Wake up and repeat....
Not 1200 calories...not smart but the weight can be dropped ive done it before lol..
Im about 6ft tall and dont carry much bf at 190 so yeah it can still be done..fun?? NOOO it SUCKS..but im chosing to skip fight to get ready technique wise not really weight related...
again thanx to posters and luck wirth all!
BTW dont wait 2 weeks to drop weight...not to self LOL

How do you go about calculating how much your body ****bolizes?

Back