Drones? How big of a problem can they be?

I've recently taken up fpv 250 quadcopter racing, it's maybe the most fun thing I've ever done without being flat on my back.

Just fyi they found the mobius recording from the story you mentioned in the OP, it turns out the dudes quadcopter was no where near shotgun mans back garden and he was just a trigger happy guy that has previous convictions for discharging a firearm in a residential area.

What's the range on a good one??

I was walking my dogs at night in my condo complex a few weeks ago I thought I heard bees above me. I looked up and saw a drone. I waved.. It took off.

It depends, most of the small 250 size racers have a live feed video range of about 1-1.5km using the 5.8ghz frequency. If you switch to UHF radio systems (which in most countries you need a HAM radio license for) your range is pretty much only limited by your battery power in which case some of the lighter fpv planes can do 30-40km round trips on a single Lipo battery.

Imagine if a biological or chemical agent was sprayed over a city with a few of these drones?

How would anyone stop this?
How could they?

I can buy pretty large drones online, anyone can.

RC planes have been around a long arse time, If you were inclined too you could have done that 30 years ago. The only difference is they're affordable now.

Last edited:
my neighbor has one thats flying over my house/property all the time with a camera attached to it and no sir, i dont like it.

char_42551.jpg

What's the range on a good one??

I was walking my dogs at night in my condo complex a few weeks ago I thought I heard bees above me. I looked up and saw a drone. I waved.. It took off.

Satellite phone = unlimited range for comms

Solar panel = Unlimited range.

where are the 'free speech' brigade?

surely if you can say anything you want that isnt inciting a riot, then you can do whatever you want?

or does it only work for some things?

I've recently taken up fpv 250 quadcopter racing, it's maybe the most fun thing I've ever done without being flat on my back.

Just fyi they found the mobius recording from the story you mentioned in the OP, it turns out the dudes quadcopter was no where near shotgun mans back garden and he was just a trigger happy guy that has previous convictions for discharging a firearm in a residential area.

It depends, most of the small 250 size racers have a live feed video range of about 1-1.5km using the 5.8ghz frequency. If you switch to UHF radio systems (which in most countries you need a HAM radio license for) your range is pretty much only limited by your battery power in which case some of the lighter fpv planes can do 30-40km round trips on a single Lipo battery.

RC planes have been around a long arse time, If you were inclined too you could have done that 30 years ago. The only difference is they're affordable now.

I've been messing around with a 18 gram little blade nano quadcopter for a few months. Thinking of moving up to a fpv 250 or so sized. I don't need to race it but a nimble one that can take a crash sounds fun.

Mind sharing the general cost of your setup?

unfortunately, they're a disaster waiting to happen.

I've been messing around with a 18 gram little blade nano quadcopter for a few months. Thinking of moving up to a fpv 250 or so sized. I don't need to race it but a nimble one that can take a crash sounds fun.

Mind sharing the general cost of your setup?

It's not a cheap hobby that's for sure! my current setup cost me around

Back