Driver Posts Bail...Jail or not

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by genecop, Jun 8, 2014.

1. genecop

genecop Silver Belt

Assuming there are no drugs or alcohol involved, should the truck driver who killed one and critically injured Tracy Morgan and others go to jail?

2. BringCodyBack

BringCodyBack Green Belt

Deppends of how the accident happen and all the circunstances behind it.

Its not Black or White

3. genecop

genecop Silver Belt

He has been charged...so the DA thinks they have a case...the story is that there was warning signs to reduce speed ahead...the Walmart Truck barreled into the back of Morgans Limo...maybe he fell asleep...

4. milliniar

milliniar Who needs a belt?

i read it was believed he fell asleep.
    But innocent until proven guilty of wrong doing.
    Everyone that has bail set has the right to pay it and be free until convicted.
    And if a celebrity wasn't involved we wouldn't know as much about this case either.

5. ramsiN

ramsiN slangin' tacos

no, if there is no foul play then no. its why they call it an accident, and if he wasnt high, drunk, or plain asleep then it was just that, an accident. sad a life had to go, but it does happen, i dont think ppl truly realize how much their life is at stake when in a vehicle, its when im at my most nervous during the day and i chainsmoke until i get to my destination because literally any second can be your last on the road.

6. AznCezi187

AznCezi187 Brown Belt

I don't really know enough about the case to determine but if had anything to do with a substance or falling asleep then yes he should.

7. fightingrabbit

fightingrabbit Banned Banned

Wow, your life must be one big nervous wreck if you can't be on the road without freaking out.

8. ramsiN

ramsiN slangin' tacos

its not that im freaking out, but its definitely when im at my most alert. i've been in enough wrecks, 7 in total with 1 being my fault. of course its a cause of concern for me

9. -AsianGuy-

-AsianGuy- White Belt

I heard it doesn't matter. He chose trial by combat.

10. -AsianGuy-

-AsianGuy- White Belt

you should read the secret.

The thought you put out of not wanting an accident causes you to get that accident.
    you are doing it to your self.

11. ralphc1

ralphc1 Steel Belt Platinum Member

True accidents are very rare. Something like a local man who died while he was a passenger in a vehicle that hit a deer that jumped out in the road and went through the windshield. Even that might have been avoided if the driver saw the deer sooner. Driving a vehicle demands your total attention. You could easily lose focus while lighting a cigarette or drop a spark in your lap and crash into traffic that slows in front of you. Drivers need to constantly check traffic all around them and especially in front of them because it takes a long time to stop.

When someone crashes into someone in front of them it's either because they were following too close or not paying attention and both would be considered negligence. When that negligence results in a death, it's homicide by negligent use of a motor vehicle.

12. ICHEERTHEBULL

ICHEERTHEBULL Brown Belt

do you mean should he be held on remand? as in prison until his trial? If so then NO if no drugs or alcohol are involved of course he should be let free. If they find during a investigation that the cause was preventable, neglect or something, fell asleep at the wheel because he had been driving for 17hrs straight then they can present that evidence at the trial.

Unless you straight away have hard evidence of wrong doing then they should be free until such time the state feels they have enough evidence to prosecute. Then take it to a jury.