Drill to Spin, Drill to Win

Thanks for posting this! I really like your drills, and the music is boss.

There's still just over a week if you guys want to bust out the video cameras/cellphones/daguerreotypes and document your drilling for a chance to win some neat stuff from the Jiu Jitsu Lab and DSTRYRsg!

I was raped immediately after watching this :(

nice drills only one question If I may...

in the spining to kimura grip to armbar, this is one of my go to moves, thing is, if I first pass my leg on the belly and then pass the leg over the head, I always end up stacked, so I started passing first the leg of the head then the leg over the body, this works wonders now... I wonder if you are doing something to control your opponent and keep him glue to the mat...

Fun drills! DWL/Kimura grip is a big part of my game so this should be great to drill, drill, drill.

I'm assuming this drill is meant in a transitional phase as you wouldn't be so hi up toward the head if trying to settle into side control.

Drills are great. I do all kinds of drills when I'm bored at home.

in the spining to kimura grip to armbar, this is one of my go to moves, thing is, if I first pass my leg on the belly and then pass the leg over the head, I always end up stacked, so I started passing first the leg of the head then the leg over the body, this works wonders now... I wonder if you are doing something to control your opponent and keep him glue to the mat...

I'm familiar with that problem but I don't run into trouble with it often. Check how Hall or Camarillo describe the pressure to apply with the kimura grip, and that's what I do. They need to rotate their shoulder to get up and face you, so that's what I'm focusing on controlling them by. Then the leg coming over the face flattens them back out. If they do get up, then I like having the leg across the body because I can use the kimura grip to armdrag all the way to the back.

Fun drills! DWL/Kimura grip is a big part of my game so this should be great to drill, drill, drill.

I'm assuming this drill is meant in a transitional phase as you wouldn't be so hi up toward the head if trying to settle into side control.

Yes, the positioning would be different if the purpose was staying in side controll.

I am huge on drills. I preach their effectiveness all the time. They have helped me out tremendously.

What I do is slide my shin over the face, stretching out the kimura'd arm, and then attempt to slide the knee down, so that the head gets trapped between hamstring and calf. I then lean over to the squished head side to make my other leg light, and begin the armbar one the second heel touches the ground.

Worked on a spin behind to take the back (from KOB). I like the Kimura grip addition.

Thanks!

Loved these. Thanks. I like the idea that 2013 will be the year of drill explosion.

Bump for the helpfulness of this thread.

Thanks for posting it!

Did these in one of my classes yesterday. Really enjoyed it. Sucks for me though because once we went into specific training, I was having a difficult time escaping side control when all the students kept spinning. Thank you for sharing.

You should be able to keep someone flat on their back with no legs and just the kimura grip. Actually, you should practice that on white belts. Just practice getting a kimura grip on them, sitting down as though you're going to armbar them, and keep them on their back with no legs. It'll work wonders for your armbar control.

Just bookmarking this for later viewing.

Come for the BJJ drills, stay for the Bombay the Hard Way soundtrack.

Back