Drew McIntyre... what am I missing

lakersfan45

That's sardo! No mr, accent on the do!
@Gold
Reaction score
I read a lot of high praise for Drew online and I’m wondering what it is that I’m not seeing. I’ve always liked Drew and been a fan but I don’t see him as anything more than an upper mid card guy. I want to be sold on Drew. I just haven’t been very impressed by his promos and in ring work. Overall I would say both his promo and in ring work are fine but I’m waiting to see something that will convince me he is a top guy. He certainly has the look I will give him that.

Please direct me to some great promos and great matches to convince me he is that man that a lot of people are saying he is.

it would probably help if they let him win a match for a change.
hard to be top guy when you are always on your back (in high profile matches).

personally, I want to see him go above and beyond what he currently does, as it feels like the same match w/ him every time. I would very much like to see him work a program with AJ to see what he is really capable of and if he is willing to do more.

Like Moondawg said I need to see him with a real in ring boss like AJ or DB, Seth also. Roman is really good but I don’t think their styles gel. And let him go over his next fued, make his ass look strong.

Also, he may just very well just be an upper mid carder like you how you see him, Lake. I want to see him more psycho too, like the kid Sycho Sid. Get rid of that robe he wears and have him really turn up the “Scottish Psychopath” gimmick. I don’t really see anything psychopathic about him but with a few tweaks I think he could get there. He has a top tier look, decent in ring skills and promos with room to improve but he needs an edge about him. The potential is there.

tenor.gif

Idk, he got the look, the body and a good worker.
Isn't bad in promo imo.

Charisma maybe?

Should try to re-create a "league of nations"
1st time they did it, it had so much potential.

Drew, Sheamus, Cesaro, Rusev, Nakamura
(something like that)
could be a fckng great heel faction.

Yeah, I don't know. Just another big goon with some athleticism. He's not terrible, but not exceptional either.

I will say that it's impressive that he managed to wash the stank of his past gimmicks away, though.

This was a good Drew promo. @lakersfan45

He has a great theme song.

WWE should turn him face.

Goddammit @lakersfan45, I don't like it when you are coherent, it's breaking kayfabe!

And, should Drew get drafted to Smackdown, where he isn't quite so lost among the other giants/big names, he could potentially shine some more.
But that can be said of a lot of people, I don't think anything about him is overly special, quick and/or athletic big men aren't exactly thin on the ground nowadays, unlike in days past.

Drew sucks, boring finisher, no heat - is everyone in the UFC Scottish these days???

Like Moondawg said I need to see him with a real in ring boss like AJ or DB, Seth also. Roman is really good but I don’t think their styles gel. And let him go over his next fued, make his ass look strong.

Also, he may just very well just be an upper mid carder like you how you see him, Lake. I want to see him more psycho too, like the kid Sycho Sid. Get rid of that robe he wears and have him really turn up the “Scottish Psychopath” gimmick. I don’t really see anything psychopathic about him but with a few tweaks I think he could get there. He has a top tier look, decent in ring skills and promos with room to improve but he needs an edge about him. The potential is there.

tenor.gif

Idk, he got the look, the body and a good worker.
Isn't bad in promo imo.

Charisma maybe?
I agree that he is lacking charisma and maybe he needs to dial it up a few notches as Rex Luger has mentioned.

For those saying they want to see him in the ring with better workers or those with a different style, he had a feud and several matches with Dolph Ziggler. While many of the matches from that aforementioned feud were decent to good, he hasn’t had that spectacular match yet.

This was a good Drew promo. @lakersfan45

He has a great theme song.

WWE should turn him face.

That was good. Short and to the point as opposed to the usual meandering promos that WWE have their wrestlers doing.

I would say it was good but not great. I also have to add that it’s a very easy promo for a new (or returning as a repackaged talent) wrestler to give. Everyone here sucks and is lazy only works if you are either: a) killing it every week in the ring or mic like Seth Rollins or b) are somewhat new and don’t have a lot of work to evaluate yet.

Also, it loses a lot of its meaning when the wrestler giving the promo is describing his own career prior to his return. And it’s really short, it’s easier to give a good soundbite.

I know this sounds like I am denigrating Drew but I really want him to live up to the hype.

Goddammit @lakersfan45, I don't like it when you are coherent, it's breaking kayfabe!

And, should Drew get drafted to Smackdown, where he isn't quite so lost among the other giants/big names, he could potentially shine some more.
But that can be said of a lot of people, I don't think anything about him is overly special, quick and/or athletic big men aren't exactly thin on the ground nowadays, unlike in days past.
Oh yeah lolz.

Why be dirty stainer lickers liek drew what has he seen that we haven’t shown?

It’s exhausting. Sometimes I want to be Professor Lake, but then I disappoint everyone.

If you are you going to go all all Prof Lake then I’m gonna have questions about the intricacies of bio chemistry and we don’t want that.

If you are you going to go all all Prof Lake then I’m gonna have questions about the intricacies of bio chemistry and we don’t want that.
But I want that! I want to explain structural dynamics of macromolecules binding together and how that determines the strength of a dissociation constant.

Back