Drew Dober

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
I was rooting for Nasrat but I gotta admit I'm now a fan of both him and Drew.

He's incredibly humble, well spoken and likeable. In his last two KO wins he kneeled down and didnt stand up until his opponents did. Also speaks highly of them in post-fight interviews.

Who is next for this guy?

He's incredibly humble, well spoken and likeable. In his last two KO wins he kneeled down and didnt stand up until his opponents did. Also speaks highly of them in post-fight interviews.

He was very relaxed in there and he’s definitely a nice humble guy.

Dude is built like a hulk with tree chunk legs at LW.

I remember hearing about California athletic commission telling him he was too big for 155. He is a tremendous weight cutter.

He's shown flashes of greatness before, but it seems like he's really putting it all together now at LW. Provided he keeps his weight in check I see no reason why he can't crack the Top 10. He won't be champ, but his style could make for some really exciting fights at 155.

He was very relaxed in there and he’s definitely a nice humble guy.

Dude is built like a hulk with tree chunk legs at LW.

I remember hearing about California athletic commission telling him he was too big for 155. He is a tremendous weight cutter.

He used to be a Welterweight, not many WW's at his height and leanness

His timing and power was very impressive. He definitely put me on notice and I’ll be looking for him in future cards

Still cant believe he tapped to a guillotine while in half guard- just kidding

Hes really improved and its interesting to see him handle some of the higher tiers fighters

He's shown flashes of greatness before, but it seems like he's really putting it all together now at LW. Provided he keeps his weight in check I see no reason why he can't crack the Top 10. He won't be champ, but his style could make for some really exciting fights at 155.

No reason he cant be a lower top ten lw. Gregor, Iaquinta, Hernandez, Trinaldo, etc. He can beat these guys.

I liked him ever since he lost to Nick Hein and then immediately started dating (and later married) Hein's sister. Dude is a G.
And on top of it he just seems like a respectful, down to earth dude who has been looking great in the cage. Even in his loss to Dariush, IIRC he was winning that fight handily and made a big mistake that cost him. I could definitely see him making his way to the top 10 if he keeps improving.

I used to train with Drew Dober when i was a teenager. As far as I know he's been at lightweight for his whole career barring a couple of short notice fights. He walks around at 195. Absolutely massive lightweight. Also genuinely one of the nicest guys youll ever meet.

Last edited:
When he first got to the UFC I legit thought he was the worst fighter on the roster. He has improved tremendously since then.

When he first got to the UFC I legit thought he was the worst fighter on the roster. He has improved tremendously since then.

I only saw his last 2 fights so far, including the one this weekend. I'll look the others up too.

Yet if you think about those with similar height and build, tend to be successful at 170..

Honestly I thought he was retired. Maybe I was confusing him with Drew Fickett.

Been a fan of Dober’s for a while now, and was thrilled to see his incredible knockout performance over a stud like Nasrat. I had a feeling Drew would shock a lot of people in that one, but not so quickly and decisively.

back in the old Strikeforce days, Drew (a career LW) knocked out a guy some of you old heads might remember, a big MW named Lumumba Sayers. It was an ammy fight on a Strikeforce card, but Drew KO’d Sayers in 16 seconds into round one.

Sayers eventually got a bit of a push by Coker, first losing to Derek Brunson but then ended up KO’ing Antwain Britt in 28 seconds (headlining a card with Rousey as co-main, think about that!) before submitting Scott Smith early In round one, shortly after Smith’s incredible and improbable come-from-behind KO victory over promotional darling Cung Le. Anthony Lionheart Smith ultimately subbed him pretty easy before Strikeforce was absorbed by ZUFFA, but the fact that Dober, a short but stacked LW knocked out a big, heavy-handed MW in 16 seconds is still pretty cool to me.

just a little piece of random MMA history...

Couldn’t believe he was the underdog, that shit was easy money. Of course I didn’t win said money cuz Pettis messed up my parlay cuz betting on Pettis in 2020 is something I’m still doing.

Still cant believe he tapped to a guillotine while in half guard- just kidding

Hes really improved and its interesting to see him handle some of the higher tiers fighters
Leandro Silva is a slimy dude lol. Him telling the ref that Dober was unconscious when he clearly wasn't. Glad it became an nc

he’s handsome too. Should fight Hernandez, Leo Santos, Trinaldo, someone around there.

Back