Media Drew Dober reacts to his loss against Islam Makhachev last night at UFC 259

Islam vs Chandler
Chandler seems fake to me. On one hand he compliments Khabib for being the greatest lightweight and one of the GOATs of the sport and how he respects his skills. When Islam applies the same game plan of tiring your opponent and out and making them tap, he goes on to say how boring it is. Hope Islam smeshes him

Classy response from Drew. He always had a punchers chance but he shouldn't feel too bad losing to an elite grappler. Most LWs wouldn't have fared much better on the ground. He did better than his teammate Justin.

Chandler seems fake to me. On one hand he compliments Khabib for being the greatest lightweight and one of the GOATs of the sport and how he respects his skills. When Islam applies the same game plan of tiring your opponent and out and making them tap, he goes on to say how boring it is. Hope Islam smeshes him

I remember a while back that Chandler said he doesn't know who Islam is actually. I guess now he knows exactly who is Islam Makhachev. Let them bang.

Dober can hang with any strikers, but grappling is a clear weakness.

I mean at the end of the day it's all about banginì the chicks....and with a jaw like that who would deny him?

Dober can hang with any strikers, but grappling is a clear weakness.

Thought he had a decent TDD with how big, strong and muscular looking he is tbh.

And yet, very, very rarely you see a fighter fixing those mistakes

Dober looks like he would have made a good SS Sturmbannführer

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101III-Alber-161-25%2C_Max_Hansen.jpg

And yet, very, very rarely you see a fighter fixing those mistakes

Thought Dober is fairly new to the UFC. Didn't realized he already has 9 losses.

''The most underrated guy in the sport'' - Joe .. proceeds to get absolutely dominated on the ground from start to finish lol
lmao you would think Joe would have learned to curb those hyperbolic statements by now

Gotta respect Dober, he could have taken an easier path and fought a higher ranked but easier match up like CDF, Felder etc as he was on an exciting 3 KO streak but he wanted to test himself against the best and with lots of fans that Islam brings.

I also thought Drew would do much better. We have seen him do better. We didn’t really know Islam was that good.
^This. Mak, basically, needs to get his activity in order and just make a run for it. Fight whoever is there, don't fish for those TOP 5 names cause they only lead to inactivity. At some point neither of them will be able to escape anyway.

And I thought Drew put up a good fight, especially the end of round 1 was impressive. But it's just a different level these guys have taken their ground game craft to.

Back