1. Monday Downtime - All Evolve Media Sites will be undergoing maintenance Monday March 30. This will occur during a window of 7 PM (Pacific Time) to Tuesday afternoon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Dresden PEGIDA Rally Cancelled over Terror Threat

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by fallable, Jan 18, 2015.

1. fallable

fallable Brown Belt

Does anyone else see a dangerous precedent here? Everyone from local Dresden officials all the way up to Chancellor Merkel have condemned the rallies. In the face of negative press, the rallies continue to grow. Now the leaders of PEGIDA have cancelled Sundays rally citing death threats towards one of the organizers.

PEGIDA said on its Facebook page that this Monday's rally was called off for security reasons because, according to police, "there is a concrete threat against a member of the organization team."

http://news.yahoo.com/anti-islam-rally-german-city-dresden-canceled-over-115517088.html

Someone skeptical might say that its pretty convenient.

Does shutting down the rally due to a credible terror threat against the group protesting the Islamization of Europe prove PEGIDA right?

According to Wiki, German gun control is cited as amongst the strictest in the world. We all know few law abiding German citizens have guns. Apparently the German authorities aren't so confident that they are able to keep guns out of the hands of those people who actually pose a serious credible threat?

Why don't the German authorities provide security for the law abiding, natural born, free citizens of Germany to publicly gather and peacefully demonstrate? The French authorities are providing security for the Jewish citizens of Paris in a time where there are still credible threats levied against that population. Should Parisian Jews cave to the threats against them and hideout?

Aren't we supposed to go about our business as usual so the terrorists don't win? Or does that just mean we should keep working and spending?

Should we give up on our political beliefs when we are threatened because of them, or should we remain relentless in the face of opposition?

Also, recently the Washington times had an article about Soros and his political machine putting up $33 million dollars to fund the Ferguson protests.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-funds-ferguson-protests-hopes-to-spur/print/

Does anyone think these PEGIDA protests aren't as organic as their organizers would have us believe? Does anyone think their may be elitist money behind PEGIDA in the same way that Soros' money is behind the Ferguson protests and #blacklivesmatter? If so, do you think its pro-German/Western money or anti-German/Western money behind PEGIDA?

2. fallable

fallable Brown Belt

Also, I once made a post on here in a thread about marxism, that was something like..."If I wanted to conquer a city I would heavily bomb them for a few days to kill, weaken, and demoralize as many as possible, then I would send in my top combat troops to accomplish the objective. Marxism is liked getting bombed, its meant to weaken and demoralize the populace."

Apparently we can add to that, foreign terrorists are like the States new combat troops, every time they want to shut us down, they just have to say there is a credible terror threat and for the public safety there can be no demonstrations. And if the people get fed up, who do they get fed up with? Muslims. Not the state.

3. Halge

Halge Silver Belt

The European political establishment is opposed to the eurosceptic conservative anti-islamism movement; muslims are against it as well. As long as both benefit from a silenced opposition, nothing will be done about it. One would be naive to think otherwise.

4. lapollarecords

lapollarecords Red Belt

why the fuck do you have to fit your pro gun agenda into this?

the problem is that apparently being against islamization automatically makes you an eurosceptic conservative. that stops a lot of people from expressing their true opinion on the matter.

5. fallable

fallable Brown Belt

The point is gun control doesn't always have the intended effect. In this case, PEGIDA (peaceful protesters), who could be considered German patriots, are being shut down because of extremists who don't care about the Law or Germany. Also, the state isn't favorable to the PEGIDA cause so it doesn't seem like they are interested in providing PEGIDA the security necessary to accommodate their demonstration. So gun control was meant to keep German citizens safe, but in the end the extremists use threats to dictate the public's behaviors, the state isn't willing to pick up the slack in the form of security against that extremism (it opens up the door for the whole Euroskeptic anti-Islam conversation), and the German patriots are unable to protect themselves or demonstrate peacefully in public.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  6. glennrod

glennrod Just like mountain, ya paying your dues

That's funny..to all the people who think that the marchers are wrong...why are they cancelling the rally then? :icon_neut

7. snakedafunky

snakedafunky Red Belt

Yes because its a fact that terrorists never attack people with guns.

8. Ruprecht

Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges Staff Member Senior Moderator

I disagree with the marchers on almost everything, think they are simply exploiting right-wing populism in the wake of the media focus, political climate and economic situation. Trying to legitimise the various forms of xenophobic bigotry of neo-nazis and other low life thugs.
    However I also disagree with them not protesting in this situation, whether it's because it's "unauthorised" (and I disagree with the police response) or even more so because of a threat from IS.
    I don't see how the gun argument fits into this, especially when the threat is made against one individual?

9. glennrod

Xenophobic?, is it wrong to be afraid of people who want you dead?, the very fact that this march got cancelled is PROOF that there is a problem so cut that shit out, you look foolish trying to act like there is no problem with islam...when the march just got called off because of threats from islamists...derp :rolleyes:

10. Ruprecht

Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges Staff Member Senior Moderator

Yes, Xenophobic bigotry. I'd take this conversation further, but I know you've usually only got about one reply in you before you get all hysterical and start gushing emotionally while throwing out accusations of paedophilia. :icon_lol:

11. fallable

fallable Brown Belt

I never stated anything as fact. There are videos of the Paris attackers killing police. In my experience, terrorists tend to pick the highest profile target to attack or a situation where they can kill as many people as possible. 99.99% of people aren't a high profile target. So the point is to cause the greatest amount of chaos and bloodshed as they can so as to force people to alter their actions and live in fear. In two recent cases in North America where converts of Islam committed attacks, both were stopped after only taking 1 life each by men with guns, when in both cases there was the intent to commit much more devastation.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/0...ed-from-hospital-was-shot-during-attack-on-2/

http://warnewsupdates.blogspot.com/2014/10/former-mountie-and-sergeant-at-arms-for.html

If you cancel the protest you are caving to the extremist wishes. If the people cant protest their rights are being deprived. If the state cant keep the peace then once again the terrorists win. If the state cant or wont protect the Germans right to peacefully demonstrate, and also deprive them the right to defend themselves, what good are they?

12. glennrod

It's over before it even started. your white knighting of islam, in a thread about a march being cancelled BECAUSE of radical islam would be extremely obvious and dumb. And I am gonna give that pedo shit a rest, I gave you the chance to speak against Islamic child rape..and you didn't. Nothing more needs to be said on the matter.

13. KnightTemplar

KnightTemplar Halloween Belt Platinum Member

My first thought on reading this story was, "That's convenient.":rolleyes: The German Establishment is dead set against Pegida, and will do anything to damage them.

The cynical part of me hopes that Pegida responds to this by setting up their own, "Protection Squad" to provide security for it's leadership and members. That will really scare the shit out of their opponents.:icon_twis