Draws in title fights must mean that the division currently has 2 champions

milenss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
As I've been scrolling through the lineal UFC LW lineage I've noticed there are guys that should be getting a highlight that they actually don't.
What about the fights that are neither won, nor lost?? Because I find it very offensive for such guys to not be getting the attention they need to.
As I'm watching the stats it looks like Frankie Edgar steamrolled over some guy named Gray Maynard. But the reality was it was a very two-sided trilogy and they are actually 1-1-1 between their fights.
I don't think fighter should keep his belt if it happens to be draw. You know... It puts the second fighter in a losing situation anyways. As he actually doesnt have a Draw on his record but a L.
Because in lineal history thats how it looks like.
There must be proclaimed 2 champions... because that's what it is. Neither one comes on top. They are both equal, so they must be both champions.
If it's not a title fight a Draw looks like a draw.. but when it's a title fight then one guy gets privilidged over another one, even though it's a Draw (the same situation).
Same happened when BJ Penn obviously had a draw with Caol Uno.. There was no official champion proclaimed.
Either this or that..

Ok so they were both champs and then they fought again and Frankie won so he was the champ.

Moving right along now.

How does Edgar/Maynard look like a one sided trilogy? They are 1-1-1. You can literally see it on the record.

Or just book an immediate rematch in case that happens. Put it in the contract or something

There must be proclaimed 2 champions... because that's what it is. Neither one comes on top. They are both equal, so they must be both champions.
If it's not a title fight a Draw looks like a draw.. but when it's a title fight then one guy gets privilidged over another one, even though it's a Draw (the same situation).
Same happened when BJ Penn obviously had a draw with Caol Uno.. There was no official champion proclaimed.
Either this or that..

They are both equal could also mean neither is champion since one of them entered the fight without the belt. It's fine as it is, to be the champ you have to beat the champ. They almost always have a rematch anyways. Also BJ and Caol were fighting for the vacant belt, that's not the best example to be using.

They are both equal could also mean neither is champion since one of them entered the fight without the belt. It's fine as it is, to be the champ you have to beat the champ. They almost always have a rematch anyways. Also BJ and Caol were fighting for the vacant belt, that's not the best example to be using.

I'm pretty sure there is no such thing in the official rules "To be the champ you have to beat the champ".
Don't make up imaginary sh*t.
Logic is... if you are AS good as the champion, you deserve to be labelled champion AS much as him.
Take for example running...
What happens if two guys finish with the exact same time?? As 5:67.
Both are declared 1st place, right??
Both take gold medals.

I'm pretty sure there is no such thing in the official rules "To be the champ you have to beat the champ".
Don't make up imaginary sh*t.
Logic is... if you are AS good as the champion, you deserve to be labelled champion AS much as him.
Take for example running...
What happens if two guys finish with the exact same time?? As 5:67.
Both are declared 1st place, right??
Both take gold medals.

Making up imaginary shit is making up two belts. There is one champion. To be the champ you need to beat them.

No one gives a flying fuck what they do in running and there isn't a champion defending a belt. Use your head.

Making up imaginary shit is making up two belts. There is one champion. To be the champ you need to beat them.

No one gives a flying fuck what they do in running and there isn't a champion defending a belt. Use your head.

Masvidal got a belt for getting pummeled by the real champion.
lol
And you mean that a person who legitimately went to a DRAW against the champion has no claim for a belt?

Masvidal got a belt for getting pummeled by the real champion.
lol
And you mean that a person who legitimately went to a DRAW against the champion has no claim for a belt?

Masvidal got a belt when he lost to Usman?

<mma4>

Well you're clearly not very bright. If you're trying to talk about the BMF thing then go and give the Goof a call and complain to him about making the fight. That's a completely separate topic to what you're babbling about.

Back