Dragon Age: Inquisition, v3: Glitched achievements ftw

Yea the clothes thing is weird. I've been trying to put this game down and move on to GTAV but I keep wanting to start a new character. Dual Wield Rogue human. Might just go ahead and do it will see.

Yea the clothes thing is weird. I've been trying to put this game down and move on to GTAV but I keep wanting to start a new character. Dual Wield Rogue human. Might just go ahead and do it will see.

Lol I know that feel. For Mass Effect 1 I could not move on from that game until I got all achievements so I made like 3-4 consecutive playthroughs right after each other. Then for Mass Effect 2 I did the same thing but actually got all the achievments in 1 or 2 playthroughs but still did about 4-5 right consecutively.

A lot of my friends play counter-strike though and so I've actually considerably slowed down my DA:I playtime and I've been busy with some other stuff too. Nightmare mode so far is pretty interesting. I've had to do some lame tactics to beat some difficult mobs lol. That one mercenary camp at Storm Coast kept killing my people so I kept having to back out and re enter and slowly chip away at their health. I think the game punished me by not making any of them including the mini-boss there drop any loot

Lol I know that feel. For Mass Effect 1 I could not move on from that game until I got all achievements so I made like 3-4 consecutive playthroughs right after each other. Then for Mass Effect 2 I did the same thing but actually got all the achievments in 1 or 2 playthroughs but still did about 4-5 right consecutively.

A lot of my friends play counter-strike though and so I've actually considerably slowed down my DA:I playtime and I've been busy with some other stuff too. Nightmare mode so far is pretty interesting. I've had to do some lame tactics to beat some difficult mobs lol. That one mercenary camp at Storm Coast kept killing my people so I kept having to back out and re enter and slowly chip away at their health. I think the game punished me by not making any of them including the mini-boss there drop any loot

lol I know you what you mean about being cheap. During the first attack on your castle there is a huge boss you have to fight. I found a way to climb up a ladder and attack the boss without him being able to attack me. The first time I did it the boss glitched out (I only had Varric attacking the boss so it took forever). I did it again and the boss actually died the second time.

Yeah it's pretty weird. When my dude is making those judgements in PJs it just seems wrong

Did you try dumping all your focus attacks? When I was struggling with some of teh end-game dragons that's how I had to win. Also, if you're a Tempest spec, you can apparently use flask of fire and then use Thousand Knives without expending any focus.

The toughest for me was the one in the Exalted Plains and the third one in Emprise Du Leon. Exalted Plains one literally took me an hour or so of retries, the EDL one took less tries but the game glitched out on me the first time I killed it, the model was stuck in place and every time I hit it it said 'Immunity' lol
I think it's just the people I brought.

Tried it with sera, solas and iron bull and kept gettjngn rekt at the last second.

I tried all mages apart from me and that was ok. I think I might try iron bull, Dorian and solas. Dorian has the barrier shit.

Tbh I'm just trying to rush the end so I find out what the deal with Solas is ;) I should finish a few other things before trying again. Reload LOOMS

Your heart shall burn on nightmare took me an hour to finish just the last trebuchet and I didn't die. It was just a constant, meticulous battle.

Cassandra is a fucking boss. She took denem on head to head the whole fight with 0 health; just pumping up guard all fight.

It's been weeks since I booted this up. I got to level 15, have done a bunch of stuff, put in ~40 hours and just lost interest entirely for some reason. I think it had something to do with trying to kill dragons, getting smashed, and finding the process boring.

I'm sure i'll pick it up again at some point.

It's been weeks since I booted this up. I got to level 15, have done a bunch of stuff, put in ~40 hours and just lost interest entirely for some reason. I think it had something to do with trying to kill dragons, getting smashed, and finding the process boring.

I'm sure i'll pick it up again at some point.

To be honest most of the game is just filler. If you enjoy the combat then I think it's fine, but if you find it just OK then I can see how boring this game would be for people.

I've found myself starting to let go of many side missions because I can tell I'm going to burn myself out and won't finish the game at this rate. I'm just looking at the recommended level for each main mission, hitting the level below that and moving forward with the story.

I may hunt some dragons and do the companion quests, but other than that the rest is completely lifeless.

I still love the game though, finally got the character driven RPG I have wanted for the new systems.

I still love the game though, finally got the character driven RPG I have wanted for the new systems.

Yeah I'm not knocking it all. I like it quite a bit but I feel like there is a huge trap for players here to go crazy trying to complete everything and then just totally burn themselves out before hitting even 75% complete with the story.

To be honest most of the game is just filler. If you enjoy the combat then I think it's fine, but if you find it just OK then I can see how boring this game would be for people.

I've found myself starting to let go of many side missions because I can tell I'm going to burn myself out and won't finish the game at this rate. I'm just looking at the recommended level for each main mission, hitting the level below that and moving forward with the story.

I may hunt some dragons and do the companion quests, but other than that the rest is completely lifeless.

Perhaps I could adopt your model to run the main quest line and keep it moving.

The combat might be part of it. It's OK, but I don't love it. I don't like having to stop the combat constantly to use the tactical camera when enemies get tough.

It's weird because the Mass Effect series of games are my favorite ever, so I typically really like Bioware's story telling, and I played Skyrim for countless hours, but this one lost me for now.

It might also have something to do with the fact that now in my life, I don't have lots of consecutive hours for gaming, so I need to be able to pop in and out in an hour or so, which leaves games like this low on my list to play.

Can't disagree much with this. I haven't been playing much lately, just trying to power through the companion quests so I can finish up the storyline. I think it's a great game but the combat definitely got stale a while ago which makes most side missions boring

I agree for the most part. I pretty much went through and found all the good quest like Cullens, Cassandras, Varrics and moved on with the story. I still think the game has plenty to do. I skipped a lot of the pointless side quest and still pulled in just over 60 hours.

Perhaps I could adopt your model to run the main quest line and keep it moving.

The combat might be part of it. It's OK, but I don't love it. I don't like having to stop the combat constantly to use the tactical camera when enemies get tough.

It's weird because the Mass Effect series of games are my favorite ever, so I typically really like Bioware's story telling, and I played Skyrim for countless hours, but this one lost me for now.

It might also have something to do with the fact that now in my life, I don't have lots of consecutive hours for gaming, so I need to be able to pop in and out in an hour or so, which leaves games like this low on my list to play.

They made some curious decisions on this one, IMO. They wanted it to be "open" for you to pace yourself however you want, but there is no real incentive to explore beyond gaining the power or experience necessary to move the story forward or looking for weapon schematics/upgrades.

So what you get are 7 or 8 big events that move the story forward, and they are great, but hours of menial game play in between which basically wrecks the narrative pace and makes the game feel disjointed.

I enjoy the combat and love the tactical camera/pausing so I get many hours just tinkering around with different parties. I think playing on nightmare is essential because you really have to dig deep into the combat and upgrades, but even that is getting stale now at 40+ hours.

Can't disagree much with this. I haven't been playing much lately, just trying to power through the companion quests so I can finish up the storyline. I think it's a great game but the combat definitely got stale a while ago which makes most side missions boring

I agree for the most part. I pretty much went through and found all the good quest like Cullens, Cassandras, Varrics and moved on with the story. I still think the game has plenty to do. I skipped a lot of the pointless side quest and still pulled in just over 60 hours.

Yeah I think it's particularly disappointing because they could have truly made it epic. Like each area could have 3 meaty quests to it that really present it's uniqueness/story/history. Not "Oh go find sir woolsley! Go deliver these flowers to this grave! go kill this group of random bandits!"

screw sir woolsley.

Yeah I think it's particularly disappointing because they could have truly made it epic. Like each area could have 3 meaty quests to it that really present it's uniqueness/story/history. Not "Oh go find sir woolsley! Go deliver these flowers to this grave! go kill this group of random bandits!"

screw sir woolsley.

Yea there were to many quest like that. Luckily for me I absolutely love the combat and crafting weapons/armor (something I'm never to fond of).

Yeah I'm not knocking it all. I like it quite a bit but I feel like there is a huge trap for players here to go crazy trying to complete everything and then just totally burn themselves out before hitting even 75% complete with the story.

The issue I have with a good chunk of the sidequests is yeah you get SOME influence or maybe a point of power but there is no real tangible change. Like, you don't gain followers for a lot of them.

fuckkkkk black wall's story

I like his tarot cards.

It's sad that he killed a cart full of kids

The issue I have with a good chunk of the sidequests is yeah you get SOME influence or maybe a point of power but there is no real tangible change. Like, you don't gain followers for a lot of them.

You can eventually just go buy influence. I wish there were more RPG world building side quests like in DA:O. That would require . . . more towns! This game needs more towns!

I decided to play DA:2 again since I finished DA:O and its expansions. This game is like Dragon Age: Soap Opera with bad level design and boring combat.

Last edited:
Back