DRAGGED ACROSS CONCRETE Starring Mel Gibson and from Bone Tomahawk Director

nice ill be excited for this film.

Okay, looks like I’m the first one to check back into the thread having seen the movie.

Just finished it, and, well ...

giphy.gif

If you’re in need of a Mel fix, this one delivers.

Great flick.

<5>
Howd you watch it?

High quality version is out there on the net now and I checked it out and I highly reccomend this is the best movie of the year for me so far, a little artsy while still maintains a pretty badass vibe throughout and develops characters just enough for the action to be impactful but doesn't get caught up in itself and keeps good flow all the way through

So much yes and body readiness.

If anyone else was a fan of Bone Tomahawk, check out the Novel "Wraiths of the Broken Land" by Zahler. Ultra violent western. Less than 300 pages and it feels like an epic. Ridley Scott is doing the film adaptation.

You're spot on about Zahler's novel WRAITHS OF THE BROKEN LAND. It's excellent. I read it in like one or two sittings in 2014. Westerns aren't my usual choice for novels but I'd enjoyed BONE TOMAHAWK so much that I decided I had to read WRAITHS. I can't wait to see what Scott is able to do with his adaption of it.

I knew this would be a very good film

Okay, looks like I’m the first one to check back into the thread having seen the movie.

Just finished it, and, well ...

giphy.gif

If you’re in need of a Mel fix, this one delivers.

Great flick.

<5>
Fuck yes. Best news I've read all day.

I encourage it!

giphy.gif
Jesus Christ that is a manly beard.
It’s loke when people say MJW isn’t a fighter in real life he’s just an actor. Then boom they catch some of those fast twitch hands and say he’s for real.
Same thing here Mel has played badassale leads his whole career and sometimes it’s tempring to say nah he’s fake it’s just roles... then bam you see him growing a beard like that and it’s loke shit nah he’s a badass for real.

Jesus Christ that is a manly beard.
It’s loke when people say MJW isn’t a fighter in real life he’s just an actor. Then boom they catch some of those fast twitch hands and say he’s for real.
Same thing here Mel has played badassale leads his whole career and sometimes it’s tempring to say nah he’s fake it’s just roles... then bam you see him growing a beard like that and it’s loke shit nah he’s a badass for real.

I don’t know if your mentioning him is just a coincidence or if you already know, but just in case, MJW is also in this movie.

Timely bump as I told a co-worker how brutal and awesome Brawl is and bam, new Zahler movie with Gibson, Vaughn (was great in Brawl!) and Don fucking Johnson. Will watch tonight. Thanks! :D

The blue check marks are condemning it, therefore I'll be watching it.

Timely bump as I told a co-worker how brutal and awesome Brawl is and bam, new Zahler movie with Gibson, Vaughn (was great in Brawl!) and Don fucking Johnson. Will watch tonight. Thanks! :D

Your AV cred is strong in this thread.

Enjoy

Mel Gibson doing a movie about police brutality? I'd be surprised if the cops weren't painted as victims.

The generic description couldn't have been more general and a tad misleading. Loved it and it has that great Zahler pace of a slow, tension filled burn turning into sudden outbursts of brutal violence. Smooth soundtrack again just like Brawl. The man is 3 for 3 with me and I can't wait to see what he does next.

Don't click if you haven't watched it. Nothing major but...
Dexter's sister's husband being completely supportive and loving and helping her to work up the fortitude to go to work only for her to get brutally murked bummed me out. Brutal.

Loved Henry Johns and his line about being underestimated. Quite possibly the "funniest" movie Zahler has made.

Bumping this for anyone who might be bored on a Sunday afternoon, looking for a great underrated flick to watch.

dragged-across-concrete-movie-poster.jpg

Saw it a couple weeks ago.

These guys are the best and most accurate shooters of pistols ever.

What was with the sfx? My only guess is they wanted you to be listening for the cellophane wrapped guns? Either way the sound effects for small things were off and too loud.

It's also the most suspenseful movie the director has made yet. I was freaking out in those ending scenes. 8/10

Back