DRAGGED ACROSS CONCRETE Starring Mel Gibson and from Bone Tomahawk Director

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughnn to Star in Crime Thriller DRAGGED ACROSS CONCRETE

J7Oef2y.jpg

Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn will re-team to star in Dragged Across Concrete, a crime thriller about police brutality directed by Bone Tomahawk filmmaker S. Craig Zahler.

Gibson and Vaughn will play cops who are suspended when a video of their strong-arm tactics gets wide attention. They then descend into the criminal underworld to exact vengeance.

Vaughn starred as a sergeant in Hacksaw Ridge, which Gibson directed. The movie received six Oscar nominations, including best picture and best director.

Vaughn also starred in Zahler’s prison drama Brawl in Cell Block 99, along with Jennifer Carpenter and Don Johnson.

Zahler said, “‘Dragged Across Concrete is best suited to my goal of making a heartfelt, surprising, sad, funny, shocking, and memorable world with multiple viewpoints. As is often the case in my novels and screenplays, the protagonists are in perilous circumstances against which they struggle in different and surprising—though logical—ways. I am absolutely thrilled to have Mel and Vince agree to play the lead roles.”

Mel Gibson, Vince Vaughn to Star in Police Brutality Movie 'Dragged Across Concrete'

Comments: Bone Tomahawk was a pleasant surprise, so looking forward to what director S. Craig Zahler can do with this.

I'm a Mel Gibson fan so anything he plans to start in / direct I'm down for it.

Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughnn to Star in Crime Thriller DRAGGED ACROSS CONCRETE

Mel-Gibson-Vince-Vaughn-020117-Dragonlord.jpg

Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn will re-team to star in Dragged Across Concrete, a crime thriller about police brutality directed by Bone Tomahawk filmmaker S. Craig Zahler.

Gibson and Vaughn will play cops who are suspended when a video of their strong-arm tactics gets wide attention. They then descend into the criminal underworld to exact vengeance.

Vaughn starred as a sergeant in Hacksaw Ridge, which Gibson directed. The movie received six Oscar nominations, including best picture and best director.

Vaughn also starred in Zahler’s prison drama Brawl in Cell Block 99, along with Jennifer Carpenter and Don Johnson.

Zahler said, “‘Dragged Across Concrete is best suited to my goal of making a heartfelt, surprising, sad, funny, shocking, and memorable world with multiple viewpoints. As is often the case in my novels and screenplays, the protagonists are in perilous circumstances against which they struggle in different and surprising—though logical—ways. I am absolutely thrilled to have Mel and Vince agree to play the lead roles.”

Mel Gibson, Vince Vaughn to Star in Police Brutality Movie 'Dragged Across Concrete'

Comments: Bone Tomahawk was a pleasant surprise, so looking forward to what director S. Craig Zahler can do with this.

So much yes and body readiness.

If anyone else was a fan of Bone Tomahawk, check out the Novel "Wraiths of the Broken Land" by Zahler. Ultra violent western. Less than 300 pages and it feels like an epic. Ridley Scott is doing the film adaptation.

This is getting way higher reviews than I expected! Can't wait to see this thing.

Director of Bone Tomahawk huh? Well as long as I’m not surprised by some poor bastard getting cut in half dick first

If the suspects they beat aren't black it wont be believable but I guess then the revenge part couldnt happen. Either way it sounds interesting.

Weirdly still no trailer...

But the more I read about this the better it sounds.

Director of Bone Tomahawk huh? Well as long as I’m not surprised by some poor bastard getting cut in half dick first

First thing I thought of. That shit stayed with me for days.

The shit that fell out of him as they ripped him apart, I mean.

This
We were denied a lot of mel work for ages over some sjw b.s now we get to enjoy it
I think it's a real shame he was blacklisted by Hollywood for so long but domestic violence isn't "sjw b.s" you dumb fuck

I think it's a real shame he was blacklisted by Hollywood for so long but domestic violence isn't "sjw b.s" you dumb fuck
He was blacklisted long before that for his drunken rants to the cops and down the phone to his ex
That stuff i care not one shit ....waste of time where we could have had high quality films from him but didnt

The domestic violence i didnt know about til now

This thing needs a solid release date asap

He was blacklisted long before that for his drunken rants to the cops and down the phone to his ex
That stuff i care not one shit ....waste of time where we could have had high quality films from him but didnt

The domestic violence i didnt know about til now

They all happened close enough to each other that it was obvious the man was a wreck. He's had a battle with alcoholism most of his career. He's been caught drunk driving. The drunken rants and the domestic violence were the final straw for Hollywood.

You might not care about his rants and his drunken shenanigans but your not the one who would have had to gamble your career working with him or gamble your money investing money in him. No actor would want a guy in that state around them. It would be horrible. No investor would touch anything that guy was involved with in case he went on another anti-semitic rant or beat up his latest girlfriend and tanked the movie. The good thing is he seems to have gotten back on track and Hollywood is opening the door. I've always been a fan of his. It's a real shame he wasn't able to fight his demons and lost all those years when he could have been making great movies. I'm still pissed that George Miller didn't at least give him a cameo in Fury Road, that was some disloyal bullshit right there. He would never have had a career in Hollywood if it hadn't been for Gibson.

Won't put money in racist-ass Melly Gibson's pocket.

Its Hollywood, if your gonna make a stand on principle about anything you can't put money in any of their pockets. That includes nice guys Keanu and Granpa Hanks, as no matter what they all know some dirty shit goes down in those circles but they all keep their mouths shut.

That being said, I wont pay to see it but I will say that Gibson as both an actor and director has been hitting his peak the last few years. His straightening his life out seems to have lit a fire under his ass and it shows.

Its Hollywood, if your gonna make a stand on principle about anything you can't put money in any of their pockets. That includes nice guys Keanu and Granpa Hanks, as no matter what they all know some dirty shit goes down in those circles but they all keep their mouths shut.

That being said, I wont pay to see it but I will say that Gibson as both an actor and director has been hitting his peak the last few years. His straightening his life out seems to have lit a fire under his ass and it shows.
I'm not concerned with what about.
I'm also unconcerned with being consistent according to anything but my own metric.

That said I realize now that it was a comment best left out of the conversation.

Back