Draculino - Training in Brazil for his upcoming StrikeForce Fight.

Actually it is the state that made the change. They require both fighters to have more than 7 pro fights to have 5 min rounds.

Actually it is the state that made the change. They require both fighters to have more than 7 pro fights to have 5 min rounds.

Its gay no matter where it came from, and its gay that the orginaztion didn't know this ahead of time so that fighters could adequately prepare a game plan.

Its gay no matter where it came from, and its gay that the orginaztion didn't know this ahead of time so that fighters could adequately prepare a game plan.

While they do have some good fights and fighters, they always have the look of flying by the seat of their pants. Say what you will about Dana & Co., but they do have a way of avoiding avoidable snafu's.

Very very unprofessional of strikeforce. But I'm not surprised

I can't stand King Mo His nickname is just too much too.

LOL, my six year old doesn't like him either because he is pissed that he calls himself "King" when Fedor is already the Emporer! No joke, those exact words came out of a six year olds mouth on the way to BJJ and wrestling practice.:icon_neut

Isn't it in Drac's home state? Doesn't Drac deal with the commission and set up fights for his guys all the time in that state? Why didn't Drac or his camp know of this rule?

Oh and im guessing you don't mean "Gay" as in "having or showing a merry, lively mood, bright or showy, given to or abounding in social or other pleasures.:icon_conf

Very very unprofessional of strikeforce. But I'm not surprised

Yeah Strikeforce is bush league. Brett Rogers loses to Fedor, and then his next fight is a title shot against Overeem. In the locker room before the fight, they ask him if he thinks he deserves the title shot, and the look on his face is pure "WTF?"

Yeah Strikeforce is bush league. Brett Rogers loses to Fedor, and then his next fight is a title shot against Overeem. In the locker room before the fight, they ask him if he thinks he deserves the title shot, and the look on his face is pure "WTF?"

Yeah, the UFC is far more professional and fights are set up with more sense IMO (Imagine me saying this in the contenders forum)

Isn't it in Drac's home state? Doesn't Drac deal with the commission and set up fights for his guys all the time in that state? Why didn't Drac or his camp know of this rule?

Oh and im guessing you don't mean "Gay" as in "having or showing a merry, lively mood, bright or showy, given to or abounding in social or other pleasures.:icon_conf

We were all told it would be 5 minute rounds the entire time. Then all of a sudden they changed it to 3 minute rounds. Everyone was told at the same time and everyone was surprised by it.

And I meant "Gay" as in, it felt like someone fucked us in the ass with that move. :icon_twis

Man I'm pissed..they just change the round time for dracs fight (And everyone elses except the main card) from 3 x 5min rounds down to 3 x 3 min rounds. That blows. You can't even take a shit in that amount of time.

Buuuulllllsshhitt!

Strikeforce is so retarded. There is absolutely no legitimate reason to make it 3 minute rounds.

My sensei Soca will be in Draculino's corner! I will be rooting for Drac! :)

We were all told it would be 5 minute rounds the entire time. Then all of a sudden they changed it to 3 minute rounds. Everyone was told at the same time and everyone was surprised by it.

That sucks! Sorry for the news. Could turn into a blessing tho, one takedown and a little control wins the round!

And I meant "Gay" as in, it felt like someone fucked us in the ass with that move. :icon_twis

Gotcha! Asshole penetration, thanks for clearing that up.:icon_chee

Buuuulllllsshhitt!

Strikeforce is so retarded. There is absolutely no legitimate reason to make it 3 minute rounds.

Are we assuming it was Strikeforce that changed the round time? Or that Strikeforce just didn't look into it enough to realize the sanctioning rules in Texas? Or that the Commission in Texas just now decided on the round length?

Setting the length for the rounds is at the decretion of the state of texas boxing commission. It is said that they like for both fighters to have more than seven fights before they will approve 5 min rounds for non title fights. We ran into the same problem when we set up a fight for Marcelo Azevedo. That being said the state has the promoters trained to have their non title fights at 3 min rounds regardless of the fighters records.

If the promoters told all of the fighters 5 min rounds, then shame on them.

But if the boxing commission says we suggest the undercard has 3 min rounds. The promoter objects. The commission strongly suggests they have 3 min rounds. The promoters strongly objects. Then the state states if you want this to go smoothly then we suggest 3 min rounds. Presto all the undercard is changed to 3 min rounds.

Not saying that is how it went down, but it is a strong possiblility. Our state boxing commission isn't known to be promoter friendly, especially with out of town promotions.

Setting the length for the rounds is at the decretion of the state of texas boxing commission. It is said that they like for both fighters to have more than seven fights before they will approve 5 min rounds for non title fights. We ran into the same problem when we set up a fight for Marcelo Azevedo. That being said the state has the promoters trained to have their non title fights at 3 min rounds regardless of the fighters records.

If the promoters told all of the fighters 5 min rounds, then shame on them.

But if the boxing commission says we suggest the undercard has 3 min rounds. The promoter objects. The commission strongly suggests they have 3 min rounds. The promoters strongly objects. Then the state states if you want this to go smoothly then we suggest 3 min rounds. Presto all the undercard is changed to 3 min rounds.

Not saying that is how it went down, but it is a strong possiblility. Our state boxing commission isn't known to be promoter friendly, especially with out of town promotions.

Oh..the old TDLR. I have witnessed and hears some funny things that they have pulled. God bless them. And Texas, as far as I can tell, particularly the Houston area still employs clueless boxing refs quite regularly. I'm not saying that there at not knowledgeable MMA refs in Houston, because there are. But I think we all know of a few hilariously bad boxing refs who stand up fights at hilarious moments and not to mention disgustingly early or late stoppages....witnesses those far too many times around here.

Back