Draculino on Strikeforce debut, Eddie Bravo and more!

He also talks about Rocky Long, his upcoming strikeforce opponent and how he isn't taking him lightly. He is like a Houston MMA legend being one of the first guys to fight out here and do good. He has fought a lot of wars, he is hard to knock out and hard to take down but he is weaker on the ground and thats where Draculino is excellent.

I know he's a solid Judo player, but this being MMA, wrestling would seem to be VERY important to this fight.

Who is Draculino working with for his wrestling? I think you mentioned that he has all the knowledge, but who is he training wrestling with (i.e., sparring with) to push him and get his explosiveness and reactions to their peak?

Last edited:
That is it? I am surprised there is not more interest from the media there.

Sadly, there isn't much interest from big media on MMA in general, let alone BJJ. Which is kind of sad since it has blown up here like crazy. If I find some more stuff on it I'll send it your way!

I didn't get a chance to listen, but thanks for the cliff notes version :)

That is it? I am surprised there is not more interest from the media there.

As far as the media is concerned, this is just a guy from a local school competing in an untelevised undercard on some ultimate fighting show. It's a big deal to us because we're in the bjj/grappling community and a few of the regulars on this forum are students of Draculino.

We're all waiting with baited breath, but I bet that even a lot of hardcore MMA fans think it's the guy from TUF that's fighting.

As far as the media is concerned, this is just a guy from a local school competing in an untelevised undercard on some ultimate fighting show. It's a big deal to us because we're in the bjj/grappling community and a few of the regulars on this forum are students of Draculino.

We're all waiting with baited breath, but I bet that even a lot of hardcore MMA fans think it's the guy from TUF that's fighting.

Is the media in the US that uninformed? What do you think would help to get the journalists on track so that the fans/potential fans could in the end be better educated about the sport of MMA (and even Jiu-jitsu)?

I know he's a solid Judo player, but this being MMA, wrestling would seem to be VERY important to this fight.

Who is Draculino working with for his wrestling? I think you mentioned that he has all the knowledge, but who is he training wrestling with (i.e., sparring with) to push him and get his explosiveness and reactions to their peak?

Aside from some good wrestlers at our school, He is going up to New Jersey to train with Frankie Edgar.

Back