Social Dr. Sanjay Gupta backs up Trump's CDC director's claim the Virus was a lab escape

Have Liberals ever thought what they get out of denying this theory outright? I mean, I know Orange Man had similar theories, but is that seriously all it comes down to? It's almost like it would absolutely crush them to learn it escaped from a lab, but why? Why do they care so much to deny this perfectly rational theory? It's very strange.
The only actual left-wing value is to hold opinions and values that are the opposite of right wing viewpoints.

One possible scenario is that It could be a naturally occuring virus that escaped from the lab. The closest match, though not an exact match, was found in bats in a cave in Yunnan province , which is around 1000 miles (give or take about 150 miles) away.

The scientist called "batwoman" who worked on coronaviruses at the Wuhan Inst. of Tech was in Yunnan exploring the caves for bat coronaviruses. Peter Daszak, who provided funding to the WIV, and is the subject of criticism by the Wade paper is on video stating they were researching bat coronaviruses in the caves in Yunnan province. He also states the viruses can be modified.

What would the mechanism of release be for a naturally occuring virus that escaped the lab?

They've been trying to hush this from the start because they've been helping fund that Wuhan Lab and are complicit. Including that snake Fauci. This is why from the start their was this big push not to blame the Chinese, and that the Wuhan Lab leak was a conspiracy theory. They are trying to cover their tracks for crippling the world. Everyone needs to be held accountable.

They've been trying to hush this from the start because they've been helping fund that Wuhan Lab and are complicit. Including that snake Fauci. This is why from the start their was this big push not to blame the Chinese, and that the Wuhan Lab leak was a conspiracy theory. They are trying to cover their tracks for crippling the world. Everyone needs to be held accountable.

I don't see any evidence for Fauci being involved or knowing this was a lab leak early on. And the media just parroted the scientific opinion of the time, which was that this came from the market. Our media is often times lazy with international news, not invested in muckracking.

Here is USA Today OpEd saying that the lab leak hypothesis should not be discounted. Most conservatives might peg USA Today as a somewhat mainstream media source.

Could an accident have caused COVID-19? Why the Wuhan lab-leak theory shouldn't be dismissed
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/o...y-wuhan-shouldnt-dismissed-column/4765985001/

Leaks at US labs that are never talked about

As an investigative reporter, I have spent more than a decade revealing shocking safety breaches that officials at laboratories in our own country don’t want the public to know about.

I have uncovered exotic and deadly bacteria that have hitched rides out of high-security labs on workers’ dirty clothing, silently spreading contagion for weeks. I have revealed how spacesuit-like protective gear and tubes carrying safe oxygen to scientists have torn or broken – repeatedly – and high-tech safety systems have failed dramatically. Vials of viruses and bacteria have gone missing. Researchers bitten by infected lab animals have been allowed to move about in public – rather than being quarantined – while waiting for signs of infection to appear.

These and similar safety lapses are happening with disturbing regularity at elite U.S. labs operated by government agencies, the military, universities and private firms. There is no reason to believe they aren’t happening at labs in other countries as well.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/o...y-wuhan-shouldnt-dismissed-column/4765985001/

I don't see any evidence for Fauci being involved or knowing this was a lab leak early on. And the media just parroted the scientific opinion of the time, which was that this came from the market. Our media is often times lazy with international news, not invested in muckracking.

Here is USA Today OpEd saying that the lab leak hypothesis should not be discounted. Most conservatives might peg USA Today as a somewhat mainstream media source.

Could an accident have caused COVID-19? Why the Wuhan lab-leak theory shouldn't be dismissed
My point about Fauci was that he was complicit in funding the WIV. The National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, of which Dr Fauci is the head of, helped fund the Wuhan Institute of Virology. This isn't even being debated and Fauci admits this claiming that it would had been “irresponsible” not to investigate bat viruses in China after the advent of SARS in 2002. Their only stance is that they weren't funding gain-of-function research specifically, however that was being done at the WIV as confirmed by the WHO.

Also...

The news media is "Lazy" about properly reporting the biggest event in our modern era?

C'mon.

Also...

The news media is "Lazy" about properly reporting the biggest event in our modern era?

C'mon.
The MSM is lazy , incompetent or deliberately ignores international news. Our MSM did a poor job on Gulf War reporting, reporting on Latin American death squads the US supported, the coups and dictators the US supports, the Israel-Palestine conflict , the genocide in East Timor by US allied Indonesia.

My point about Fauci was that he was complicit in funding the WIV. The National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, of which Dr Fauci is the head of, helped fund the Wuhan Institute of Virology. This isn't even being debated and Fauci admits this claiming that it would had been “irresponsible” not to investigate bat viruses in China after the advent of SARS in 2002. Their only stance is that they weren't funding gain-of-function research specifically, however that was being done at the WIV as confirmed by the WHO.

The US funds research all over the world. Since China is the source of a few pandemics and considered a hotspot for bat coronaviruses, it makes sense the US would fund research there. The US also funds programs in West Africa to mitigate the effects of Ebola.

Last edited:
The MSM is lazy , incompetent or deliberately ignores international news. Our MSM did a poor job on Gulf War reporting, reporting on Latin American death squads the US supported, the coups and dictators the US supports, the Israel-Palestine conflict , the genocide in East Timor by US allied Indonesia.
Funny how they can be so lazy about the horrifying things the US is responsible for abroad, but not lazy when it comes to Russian conspiracy theories and race baiting. They seem to have a great deal of energy for that.

Funny how they can be so lazy about the horrifying things the US is responsible for abroad, but not lazy when it comes to Russian conspiracy theories and race baiting. They seem to have a great deal of energy for that.

Rightwing media does a lot of race baiting. American media concentrates on domestic news.

Rightwing media does a lot of race baiting. American media concentrates on domestic news.
Leftwing media doesn't?

American media doesn't just concentrate on domestic news, nor should it.

Not sure what kind of excusatory angle you are playing here. This isn't a Left/Right issue.

The first infected were Lab Workers, not Wet Market customers.

Steve Hilton did some real research on this story and found that Dr. Fauci funded the experimenting, even though President Obama educated himself and decided it was too dangerous and wrote and order forbidding it. This shit should have never happened.

The Wuhan Lab for the dangerous shit it does is not secure and is not treating the work with enough precautions.

Now we have other scientists saying that the virus has not mutated like a natural virus would and they are sure it is manufactured.

Leftwing media doesn't?

American media doesn't just concentrate on domestic news, nor should it.

Not sure what kind of excusatory angle you are playing here. This isn't a Left/Right issue.
You said the media, which no doubt alludes to the MSM, race baits. I countered that rightwing media race baits. You then come back and say the same thing.

American media has never given much attention to international news. What reporting it gives is topical. They never go indepth.

You said the media, which no doubt alludes to the MSM, race baits. I countered that rightwing media race baits. You then come back and say the same thing.

American media has never given much attention to international news. What reporting it gives is topical. They never go indepth.
Yes, I said "Media"... not Left Wing Media or Right Wing Media.

COVID escaping a Wuhan Lab isn't "international news", what are you going on about?

You don't think any of this is relevant or topical?

The US funds research all over the world. Since China is the source of a few pandemics and considered a hotspot for bat coronaviruses, it makes sense the US would fund research there. The US also funds programs in West Africa to mitigate the effects of Ebola.

I wonder exactly how this will all roll out. Seems to cover that whilst the US does fund research overseas that any research into gain of function was skirting the ban in the US. I have only watched this clip in relation to what they mention, but would love to read the full article.

Yes, I said "Media"... not Left Wing Media or Right Wing Media.

COVID escaping a Wuhan Lab isn't "international news", what are you going on about?

You don't think any of this is relevant or topical?
Come on now, when you say media, it alludes to the MSM.

Ofcourse it is relevant, but our media has traditionally never really gone indepth into international news be it out of laziness or not wanting to devote resources or because they rather keep the American public in the dark.

Come on now, when you say media, it alludes to the MSM.

Ofcourse it is relevant, but our media has traditionally never really gone indepth into international news be it out of laziness or not wanting to devote resources or because they rather keep the American public in the dark.
MSM includes the right. Not sure why you are creating this tangent that has nothing to do with the topic.

Your theory of the Media being "lazy" is completely bogus and if you believe that you are an idiot.

Again, information about the virus leaking out of a Wuhan lab that took funds from the US that resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths in the US and a lockdown that killed jobs in the US IS NOT INTERNATIONAL NEWS.

Back