Dr. Oz says Cancel Breakfast, don't eat it, Mark Wahlberg begs to differ

Marky Mark is also only 5 foot 6 so shorter guys tend to age better and maintain muscle more.
Dude looks amazing for his age, I think he natty though, if you seen him when he was young he was always jacked
maxresdefault-42.jpg

When he was only 20
9d51a4e6c54ed48813397d9664279cd2.jpg
He might have been Natty when he was young but there's no way in hell he is now

He might have been Natty when he was young but there's no way in hell he is now
Bro look at his physique it looks natural, he has amazing muscle genetics, if he were on some shit he would be looking like those 50 year old guys who take stuff like Joe Rogan

Bro look at his physique it looks natural, he has amazing muscle genetics, if he were on some shit he would be looking like those 50 year old guys who take stuff like Joe Rogan
You can't be this naive my dude. Guy is nearly 50 and still has solid bulk with low bodyfat and visible abs ffs

Fuck that. I do IF with a 4-5hr eating window, with my last meal being around 11am. I have no problem not having dinner but breakfast is a must for me. I just don't fell fully awake and alert in the am until I've got some food in me.

I don't eat breakfast. I just save my coffee in a thermos until I get hungry, usually around 10, then I drink it and it suppreses my appetite until lunchtime. Then I have a salad for lunch.

I screw it all up at dinner time though. I eat a ton and sometimes really late if I was busy that day. Probably why I can't lose this stubborn 15 lbs

Yup, pretty much my routine. Wake up and have a few cups of black coffee between like 7am and 12. I'll have a small lunch, usually a salad. And then just fucking eat like a beast from about 7 to 10pm. I'm a good weight and haven't had any issues this way. I haven't eaten breakfast on a weekday in at least 10 years.

It depends on the person. I wake up at 5am back home after BJJ training by 745am. I need to eat, I just trained my ass off.

Works for me, was never fat but had a bit of a belly forever. Started intermittent fasting about 5 months ago (eating pretty much the same food as always, just nothing other than black coffee before noon, and nothing after 8 or 9 at night). Today my belly is pretty much flat and I’m starting to see a six pack.

So ya, worked wonders for me and I’m not even that strict with it, still eat plenty of junke food although I’m slowly decreasing that as well.

First week or so was a bit tough because I guess my system needed to adjust, but now I feel no hunger, I feel more alert and have plenty of energy, go to the gym on a completely empty stomach around 10 am, no problems whatsoever.

Oh, and when I do finally eat I enjoy my food more than ever.

One drawback to IF that's real is -- just like pretty much any diet -- if you deviate for an extended period you put the weight back on just as fast if not faster than you lost it. During fall break back in October I found myself with a week of no schedule obligations and I besmirched my fasting routine. By the time I got back on it a few weeks later I'd gained like 12-15 lbs lol

I've been fasting during my day workout and I've been having positive effects, so I would say give it a try.
I did intermittent fasting but as i begun i was thinking...bitch, this shit is just skipping breakfast!

I ended up not eating til 3pm after having stopped at 8pm the night before. I did that for....3 weeks?

Noticed nothing.

But!

When i started eating breakfast again, i was sluggish as all hell despite any caffeine or ephedra.

LOL,

Typical Sherdogger to himself, " I think that I'm going to skip breakfast today."

Marky Marky banging on the door yelling at @TidWell

3m0uzg.jpg

Definitely agree with the fruit before cardio. When I said eating a big meal before working out, I meant eating 2-3 hours before so there's plenty of time to digest and utilise the energy gained, which is what a lot of people find effective.

I think the reason the advice changes so much is because there are so many contradictory studies on the subject, and it's incredibly difficult to actually do controlled studies on human diet due to the practical and ethical difficulties of getting people to stick to whatever you're testing for a long period of time. Instead they rely on observational studies where they survey people and tally up results based of what they say.

There's also the advice of individuals personal experience (eg Marky Walhberg). He's found a groove which works for him - people like that often end up telling everyone that their way is the only way, when that's not necessarily true.
Yeah I think there probably isn’t one right answer either. Some methods probably work better for some people.

Only eat breakfast on weekends. I train at 5:00 AM during the week so I drink my protein shake as breakfast replacement. @BroRogan @Clementine @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

20ce67e4a8225240e8489d41eee759ee.jpg

You and @BroRogan used to eat cotton candy for breakfast back in the day, I remember it well, you both would eat cotton candy every morning when you woke up, and I asked you both why? and you both said it was because cotton candy reminds you of the clouds, and it makes you feel like an angelic cloud.

it was a lovely description by both of you
hairy-fluffy-cat-sky-the-ragdoll-31.jpg

Lunch is the meal I can skip and not feel hungry. I'm always hungry in the morning but it's more out of habit. I need to eat something with my coffee.

That said, Dr. Oz is a bit of a charlatan

I am on a 18-6 intermittent fasting routine. Dr. Oz is right. You don't need breakfast.

I eat between 12pm and 6pm. I eat as much as and whatever I want between that time. I find that I feel quite fulfilled, and I don't feel like I am packing on additional weight.

It has helped me to cut a lot of unnecessary snacks out of my diet. Also, I save a lot of time, which I use to cook healthier meals.

For example, I started making my own chips and dip. Not only is it considerably cheaper, but I realized that even though store brands don't state preservatives in the ingredients, preservatives must be in the oil that they cook the potatoes in, because home made chips don't even last a day.

If home made potato chips don't last a day, how can potato chips last for months?? So it's far healthier as well.

You can't be this naive my dude. Guy is nearly 50 and still has solid bulk with low bodyfat and visible abs ffs
Brother look at his body though, he has a youthful body no sag or nothing, he likely has great genetics plush he is short, shorter guy scan bulk up or keep muscle on easier.

Lunch is the meal I can skip and not feel hungry. I'm always hungry in the morning but it's more out of habit. I need to eat something with my coffee.

That said, Dr. Oz is a bit of a charlatan
Im the same, I can skip lunch and pretty much do now, but I cant skip breakfast. I basically fast from 8 am until dinner time which is usually around 5 to 7pm for me.

I'm honestly never hungry in the morning and often have to force myself to eat.

Mark also said he'd stop the terrorists during 911 so......
He apparently was suppose to be on one of the planes that crashed, but missed the flight.
Thats why he says those statements.

I now eat my breakfast (smoothie) and a late lunch, big meal and skip dinner.

I genuinely believe the calories earlier in the day help get your energy levels and metabolism up so you burn calories better all day, and then you deny it calories in the evening.

If you skip breakfast, i believe your body goes into a fast like state, of slowing the metabolism and trying to preserve and conserve calories all day

Back