Dr. James Mitchell, former interrogator on terrorism...

Much respect to any man that admits a mistake/misunderstanding. Especially on sherdog, it's a rarity. For that, you get a "like".
I don't think... that is to say,
... there seems to be, ah,
*coping*

Sherdog forever!!!

It happens, but only when both parties don't make an emotional and/or egotistical fight of the issue.
So much of politics /WR discussion is predictive, subjective opinion.
To get overly attached to being right, when, as pointed out, I did example was wrong, would be self defeating.
And despite how often I am right, I'm pretty often not, as well.

So much of politics /WR discussion is predictive, subjective opinion.
To get overly attached to being right, when, as pointed out, I did example was wrong, would be self defeating.
And despite how often I am right, I'm pretty often not, as well.
That's a wise way to both behave and view yourself. I try to do the same. Alas, I am not consistent.

I don't think... that is to say,
... there seems to be, ah,
*coping*

Sherdog forever!!!
I think if we start rewarding each other for doing honorable things, rather than vehemently shit on them, we can see a better War Room.

All the best!

Tbh I don't think we'll have any attacks on his watch because he'll keep most things as is, and it's been successful since 9/11.
And even if there is a successful attack it would be disingenuous to say it's the President's fault. Any President. Bush wasn't responsible for 9/11.
And further, I'll add that slowing down immigration from Muslim countries, maybe limiting it to women and children, something, can't really have drawbacks except for the immigrants, who aren't on my list of priorities.
I should be more Christian about that but... I fail at it.
9/11 was absolutely the fault of both Presidents Clinton and Bush.

In his book, "The Mission, The Men, and Me," former Delta Force commander COL Pete Blaber talked about how they had a named operation to target and kill Bin Laden in the late 1990's after the first World Trade Center bombings in Afghanistan. Intelligence had already put Bin Laden at one of four homes that were known to be his safe-houses (all in separate towns), but the mission was called off in case one of the operators was killed. The thought process was, "This mission isn't worth someone potentially dying over." As COL Blaber said, and something I agree with, was that war is inherently dangerous. But if the mission is important, we are happy to risk our lives to complete it. Babying us is obviously (as can be seen with 9/11) dangerous for both us and the US. Had President Clinton allowed Delta Force to complete that mission, Bin Laden would have likely been killed in 1998 or 1999.

President Bush is also responsible for 9/11 for poor management style. There was considerably intelligent that a terror attack was likely, and Al-Qaeda was on the short list of potential perpetrators. Through the management style that facilitated information silos, intelligence was not passed between agencies well, leading to the attack. It also does not help that he took the entire month of August, 2001 off as a vacation.

Thank goodness we elected a man with no relevant experience and no plans we've heard of to stop the terrorism threat!
It will be like magic.
You say this in nearly every thread for some reason.

It almost needs a response like this everytime: Hillary lost get over it.

I think if we start rewarding each other for doing honorable things, rather than vehemently shit on them, we can see a better War Room.

All the best!
And to you, and the whole WR, for the Christmas (or whatever everyone celebrates) season.
I love the War Room how it is, mostly. Salty, full of battles, people who stand solidly on their positions whether I agree or not, and people who can say, "Fuck it, I'm wrong/you have a good point".

You say this in nearly every thread for some reason.

It almost needs a response like this everytime: Hillary lost get over it.
The best response would be, "Trump won, pray he's not as stupid as he seems to be".

And to you, and the whole WR, for the Christmas (or whatever everyone celebrates) season.
I love the War Room how it is, mostly. Salty, full of battles, people who stand solidly on their positions whether I agree or not, and people who can say, "Fuck it, I'm wrong/you have a good point".
Merry Christmas, my brother!

The best response would be, "Trump won, pray he's not as stupid as he seems to be".
See, I see it as "Thank God Trump saw through the bullshit and political correctness, otherwise we'd be heading in the same direction as Germany".

See, I see it as "Thank God Trump saw through the bullshit and political correctness, otherwise we'd be heading in the same direction as Germany".
There's merit to both.
And, had Hillary won, I'd still be hoping for the best and frowning.
Maybe I'm just a grumpy old fuck

In a way, thankfully, we'll never know for sure.
Hope so!
I'm skeptical but if things go well I'll be very pleased and do a(nother) huge "Boy was I wrong" thread
Some things are best left unknown.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.

-H.P. Lovecraft

The Hillary vote is something I'd never chance, because... well, look at Europe. And I'm willing to bet in 20 years we'll all be thanking Trump. If I'm wrong about Islam, nothing lost. If I'm right... well, you know.

Back