Social DR James Cantor, Canadian clinical psychologist and sexologist pushes for Pedophiles rights

Pedophilia acceptance is a part of Queer Theory, so as that ideology gains greater and greater cultural influence it's only a matter of time. I stand by my prediction that they will heavily play the angle of "Western, white supremacist social construct" when pushing for "sex-positive kids". The push to get kids into drag also seems to be a big part of it.

True. Some are just power tripping, with little in the way of sexual gratification. Still though, I think if there was any "treatment" to be offered, it would be eliminating their sexual desires as best we can, and not trying to "understand" them. If we must, we got plenty of pedo's we can psychoanalyze in prison. They should never be made to feel comfortable disclosing such desires(unless it's a trap). These are humans I have absolutely no problem declaring as "undesirables", who are not fit to live in society.
I like to think pragmatically. I don’t care about pedo rights, if there was a 100% foolproof way to give them therapy and recidivism would be right around zero, I’d agree with therapy even though my instincts would prefer elimination.

I don’t think therapy works, though, whether it’s a sexual perversion or an orientation. I think reforming sex offenders is a waste of breath.

There’s talk about releasing Dutroux btw which is absolutely insane.

We should not be taking any steps to humanize pedophiles in any way. That's some dangerous ground to be treading. If we ever get to a point where pedophiles are comfortable in admitting their desires, we've gone down the wrong path. I don't buy the argument that it will stop any abuse, unless of course the "treatment" is chemical castration.
A non-offending pedophile should feel comfortable admitting their urges in the same way a schizophrenic should feel comfortable admitting their delusions and hallucinations, otherwise they go unnoticed and untreated. That isn't the same as accepting them like homosexuals though, definitely against that.

Chemical castration is indeed one of the treatments but its not perfect in and of itself. It kills their sexual urges but gives them symptoms of low T(low energy, depression etc) so it probably works better in conjunction with other treatments like therapy otherwise they may go off it and then the urges come back with a vengeance. To go back to the schizo parallel once again, drugs are similar in that they work really well in suppressing the major symptoms but the side effects are so bad that some stop taking them which makes those symptoms come back even worse.

Being more open about the topic could lead to more research on treatment and causes and stuff like that which could help in preventing pedos from offending.
I quoted this post before you made it? Lol
Sherdog entered the Twilight Zone yesterday.

A non-offending pedophile should feel comfortable admitting their urges

I disagree for this reason: Society would have to be more understanding of their desires, for that to actually be possible. They would have to feel comfortable enough not to be shamed and hated. If we get to a point where we are accepting of admitted pedophile...err, "desirists", we're moving in the wrong direction, and that starts the chain moving towards acceptance.

It's all well and good to think about it from a more intellectual standpoint, of research and whatnot, and trying to crack their code, but you have to be realistic as well. You want to live next to non-offending, self admitted pedophile? You want anything to do with them at all? I would wager that's a solid "no", which is why what you're proposing will never ever happen. That's a stigma you can't erase, nor should we be trying to.

Like I said earlier, you want to research them? Plenty of them in prison who can tell some therapist all about it. I'm also sure there are plenty on the outside who have divulged some of these desires to their therapists as well, and that's all fine and dandy for them, if they can keep it under wraps. However, if I hear anybody near me is expressing their desires to fuck kids to anybody, including their therapist, they're not getting any "understanding" from me, and I'm damn sure most of society feels the same way too.

I disagree for this reason: Society would have to be more understanding of their desires, for that to actually be possible. They would have to feel comfortable enough not to be shamed and hated. If we get to a point where we are accepting of admitted pedophile...err, "desirists", we're moving in the wrong direction, and that starts the chain moving towards acceptance.

It's all well and good to think about it from a more intellectual standpoint, of research and whatnot, and trying to crack their code, but you have to be realistic as well. You want to live next to non-offending, self admitted pedophile? You want anything to do with them at all? I would wager that's a solid "no", which is why what you're proposing will never ever happen. That's a stigma you can't erase, nor should we be trying to.

Like I said earlier, you want to research them? Plenty of them in prison who can tell some therapist all about it. I'm also sure there are plenty on the outside who have divulged some of these desires to their therapists as well, and that's all fine and dandy for them, if they can keep it under wraps. However, if I hear anybody near me is expressing their desires to fuck kids to anybody, including their therapist, they're not getting any "understanding" from me, and I'm damn sure most of society feels the same way too.
You're basically saying you don't like it because of how it makes you feel. That's fine, its completely understandable given what we're talking about and most people don't need to accept pedos. Only the professionals relevant to what I'm talking about really do. Of course I would not want to live next to a pedo but I would also not want to live near a schizo either.

Pedophiles should have the same rights as everyone else - that is, the right to remain silent and get in the back of the paddy wagon if you lay a finger on a child, with any sexual intent.

Of course, the SSM crowd also denied that they had the same rights as everyone else - that is, the right to marry a member of the opposite sex.
Logic didn't work there, I'm not holding my breath that it'll work here.

Back