Dr Disrespect Banned From Twitch

The man has spoken. This time with an appropriate response. I think the main issue with this post is he didn't state the age of the girl he was messaging.

I think the only appropriate response is, "I didn't send inappropriate messages to a minor," and this wasn't that. He can say he's not a predator or a pedophile, but if he was sexting a minor, that's exactly what he is. Normal people don't do that.

I think the only appropriate response is, "I didn't send inappropriate messages to a minor," and this wasn't that. He can say he's not a predator or a pedophile, but if he was sexting a minor, that's exactly what he is. Normal people don't do that.
Agreed. The only thing he didn't clarify is if he knew she was a minor when he was texting her. I wouldn't even care if it was "sexting" at that point. There's no justifiable reason to be speaking to a minor female in DMs. It's fine to converse with them publicly as fans on your wall where everyone can see it.

But RIP his career.

Him saying that he's not that person anymore doesn't matter either. Twitch is in the wrong here too, and they clearly kept this hidden because they knew the shitstorm that would be coming their way. It was probably much cheaper and better PR to do things the way they did it.

Him saying that he's not that person anymore doesn't matter either. Twitch is in the wrong here too, and they clearly kept this hidden because they knew the shitstorm that would be coming their way. It was probably much cheaper and better PR to do things the way they did it.
Of course those are their motivations. Imagine the shitstorm if all that attention were drawn to the platform from parents across the country when they learned that there's a possibility their underage daughters might be preyed upon by streamers through a direct connection with things like private messaging. What would have happened? Suddenly, under that microscope, all those parents would have been enlightened to the glorified red light e-district of camwhores that comprise the bulk of Twitch's profits in their IRL section.

Also, I don't care that he was telling the truth, I still find this ex Twitch employee who was trying to sell tickets to profit from this reprehensible. He reminds me a little bit of that scumbag who tried to blackmail David Letterman because he learned that Letterman was cheating on his wife with an understaffer, and rather than pay the guy off, Letterman came out and admitted the whole thing. If you cared, dude, if you were a real champion of virtue and the vulnerable, you would have quit your job to tell the world years ago. Obviously that wasn't your motivation.

tenor.gif

Yea from what I understand this isn't the first time he's been unfaithful. Sucks his kids now have to see this shit online and go to school with this hanging over them.
Nope, it wasn't, he had to issue that weeping apology after he cheated on his wife years ago. Some in this forum shamed him for that. I thought it showed character that he was willing to be that vulnerable and pathetic for the world to see as a gesture to save his marriage. I thought it conveyed a sensibility that he prized his family and his marriage above everything-- including his celebrity as a streamer.

Obviously I was wrong. A scorpion and its nature.

Agreed. The only thing he didn't clarify is if he knew she was a minor when he was texting her. I wouldn't even care if it was "sexting" at that point. There's no justifiable reason to be speaking to a minor female in DMs. It's fine to converse with them publicly as fans on your wall where everyone can see it.

But RIP his career.

Sexting is really not a big deal at all (ignoring the fact that he was married at least but that's between him and his wife), what matters is like you say, did he know the person was a minor? Did he continue to engage after knowing? Did he attempt to verify at all before engaging in sexual conversation? Did he send or receive pictures? Did he really try to attempt a meet as was alleged?

Based on the quick termination by twitch and discord at the time I would tend to think he failed on at least some of those questions.

Sadly though, I doubt his career is over if he's not banned on every platform or things get criminal. Weirdos will still watch him, and a lot will still watch him without even being aware of the drama.

Are lonely dweebs actually paying these streamers like Only Fans style ? Or are the streamers just getting rich from the amount of goobers who view them on whatever platform.

Are lonely dweebs actually paying these streamers like Only Fans style ? Or are the streamers just getting rich from the amount of goobers who view them on whatever platform.
They donate a lot. Almost every minute he’s thanking someone for gifting. I don’t understand it at all. People bitch about not affording a car and a home and here they are sending money to a stranger that wouldn’t lift a finger if they were dying next to him on a street corner

They donate a lot. Almost every minute he’s thanking someone for gifting. I don’t understand it at all. People bitch about not affording a car and a home and here they are sending money to a stranger that wouldn’t lift a finger if they were dying next to him on a street corner

To be fair a lot of the people donating like that are pretty wealthy usually. It's not too often Joe Sixpack is donating thousands of dollars or hundreds of subs.

A lot of the time it's the streamer or members of their team donating to encourage others to donate also.

Most ordinary users are just subbing to a few streamers they like to avoid ads or just using a free twitch prime.

But RIP his career.
That's what needs to be clarified. If he was inappropriate with a known minor, then he is 100% done and a certified scumbag.

Being inappropriate with another woman while being married is bad enough, but that can be remedied with time (professionally), still a scummy move.

I've texted a minor.

My 16 year old neice.
Emphasis on texted, and not sexting which would be absolutely disgusting.

The most damaging lies are the ones with alot of truth within them. And Dr.Disrespect admits he's texted/messaged a minor socially, and if it was illegal in any way it would have been used for Twitch/Amazon to get out of their contract without paying him a cent, which means every message has been gone through by members of the court - His lawyers, Twitch lawyers, and the judge - and found he is still owed the full payout by Twich, which he has received. AND it wasn't handed over to prosecutors because there was nothing to charge him with.

Is messaging minors appropriate? Yes, if you're a trusted member of their family.
Otherwise, no its absolutely not appropriate, but still legal.

Last edited:

The amount of money some of these people make from chat donations is insane.

I read that those Fresh & Fit bozos lost out on $250,000 per month when they got demonetized for having Nick Fuentes on their channel.

...and they're just bottom tier "red pill" grifters.

I feel like if he didn't know she was a minor, he probably would've emphasized that heavily in his response, because it would have been the only piece of mitigating information in that whole wall of text. But he didn't.

I wonder if we'll hear from whoever he was messaging. That's when it would really get interesting. Twitch and Dr. Disrespect have legal and PR reasons for not revealing much. The other party presumably wouldn't have those restrictions.

Back