Dozens of people taken hostage in Ubisoft’s Montreal office

Not really TBH.
They publish tons of content that upsets radical people, have lots of ppl in close contact, and generally dont have a lot of security personnel on site to stop them.
Can you elaborate on the content?

Can you elaborate on the content?
Media; art; games; cultural things.
Crazy people get upset by these things, especially something like a videogame that they can interact with or judge at home in private.

Hopefully this isn't a bloody event.

I meant why isn't it surprising this happens in Montreal.
Lots of French cities and places with connections to France are being attacked. I’m not trying to make it into a Muslim thing as I don’t think Islamic extremists are behind this, but if you were to tell me Montreal is being attacked I wouldn’t be surprised. That’s all.

I guess an armed robbery is usually a lot better than some lunatic ideological attack ... more rational and less desire to hurt people. Let’s hope this winds down as peacefully as possible.

Apparently it was an armed robbery at the building or nearby that went wrong. Maybe they got chased into the building and made a split decision to hold hostages?

Perp must not be making enough money and thought the UBI in UBIsoft stood for universal basic income.

I guess an armed robbery is usually a lot better than some lunatic ideological attack ... more rational and less desire to hurt people. Let’s hope this winds down as peacefully as possible.
Yep let’s hope it’s just a robbery that went wrong and that nobody ends up harmed.

Robbers probably didn't expect anybody to be there, all the tech workers I know are working from home due to covid.

Back