Dozens of people taken hostage in Ubisoft’s Montreal office

SteveColdStone

School of Self Awareness
@Silver
Reaction score
Local newspaper The Journal Montreal reported on Friday that the hostages were in the Ubisoft office.

Police are on the scene. This is a developing story.

I guess this is our piece of bad news on Friday the 13th. Hopefully everything works out.

Yikes. Fucked up.
Haven't remembered many of these.
I remember being really into them in the 90s circa my Rainbow6 gaming days.

OMG, happening now? It should be some freak of a gamer. Assassin...

A gaming studio’s office is an unusual target. Something happening in Montreal right now isn’t that surprising though.

A bunch of employees made it safely to the roof and barricaded the entranceway. No word on who's inside or how many hostage takers there are. These things almost never end well, so I'm hoping a peaceful solution can be found without anybody getting hurt.
HE5000VR_HELICO_OPERATION_POLICIERE_UBISOFT_frame_49481c4d895a9-11c3-44bc-993d-4d891bc7a8b3_ORIGINAL.jpg

My goodness. I have so many contacts in that office. I hope to god everything is ok.

edit: texting my contacts now
Please be considerate of them getting flooded w messages while needing to communicate

A gaming studio’s office is an unusual target. Something happening in Montreal right now isn’t that surprising though.
Not really TBH.
They publish tons of content that upsets radical people, have lots of ppl in close contact, and generally dont have a lot of security personnel on site to stop them.

Apparently it was an armed robbery at the building or nearby that went wrong. Maybe they got chased into the building and made a split decision to hold hostages?

Bad decision, he can really do damage but will be eliminated. I bet he is assocciated somehow to that PC game.

Not really TBH.
They publish tons of content that upsets radical people, have lots of ppl in close contact, and generally dont have a lot of security personnel on site to stop them.
Yeah you make a good point as to why somebody would target them. I just don’t think ive heard of a game studio being held hostage. Perhaps once.

they called the police instead of social workers? interesting...

Back